Monday, March 03, 2008

March 3, 2008 - Monday

-----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in memory of STUB COLSEN.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 8 degree
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 31/4
Normal H/L temp for this date is 28/11
The high was 62 on this date in 1905.
Al Gore was not the first person to notice that glaciers no longer
cover the land now known as the Great Lakes.
===========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
===========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
The past few days have been "relatively" uneventful in Shivercity.
Colleen and Don LaBerge returned home from their winter retreat in the
heat. Don Hutson showed up at Granny's the other day with a Floridian
tan. I suspect Roger Stark will soon return to Granny's with stories of
his adventure to the sunshine state travelling with a pair of Sandy's by
his side.
------------------------
I received the following note last Friday from Kandi. She wrote: >>>>
Hi Gary, Could you please share the following in your Gazette??
I want to thank Coach Haugland & the G-PR Spoiler team for taking the
time to skate in Hockey practice with the Mites & Termites. I know
my boys had a great time and that is all they talked about Wednesday
night! They really enjoyed that and look up the those "big" hockey
players. It was a very good experience for those young "future
Spoilers"!
Kandi <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kandi. After reading
your note I was reminded of the night I "got" to skate with Stub Colsen.
I truly can't remember if Stub played hockey or not. I'm not even
certain, at this point, if he was a particularly great skater although I
think he was. I can remember, however, very clearly, how Stub held my
hand as we skated next to the snowbanks on the edge of the ice on the
Park River river in Leistikow Park.
I remember well, how he chuckled when I "wiped out" and, more
importantly, his smile of encouragement as he helped me up and got me
going again.
Unfortunately, as I remember it now. I never really did thank Stub
Colsen for helping me that day. I know he cared about people, and, I
know he cared about me. I'm a much better person because Stub shared
some time with me.
Though Stub is now with his maker it's important to me, to finally say
thanks a million Stub Colsen, from the little kid with the funny skates.
(he'll know who I mean.)
----------------------------
Speaking of nice things that happen to me. There was a large envelope
in our Friday's mail. The return address was Lyons, Oh. and, I'll admit
I was more than a bit excited to open it. The envelope contained a
beautiful 8½ by 11 photograph of "our" Ohio Fox Hunting Friends. The
picture was taken on their last day in Grafton and they were standing
behind some of their quarry. I brought the picture to Granny's to share
with the group and then, the picture will be framed and become a part of
my "office" furnishings.
The following note was attached to the picture. "Gary, I would like to
purchase a ticket for the Grafton Youth Hockey Raffle. Here's a check
for $100." Signed, Thanks, Steve Schmitz. <<<<
WOW, Thanks a million - for caring and sharing - Steve.
I'm sure some of you remember that "our" Ohio Fox Hunting Friends left
$350 in cash with me, "to give back to the community as I see fit" when
they left.
Is it any wonder why I enjoy these folks like family?
Thanks a again Steve. If you win something that can be mailed, it will
be. If, on the other hand, you win one of the big prizes, like the
Harley, the ATV or the John Deere rider, you might have to haul it back
to Ohio after "next years hunt".
P.S.
I am still looking for a appropriate spot for the $350.
++++
Speaking of the MEGA RAFFLE, "Nip". I received your check Saturday.
Thanks a million. If you win the Harley, I'll help break it in for you.
And we could use my lawn to get the rider set at the right mowing height
before you get here in June. {:-)
-------------------------
$32,500 === $32,500 === $32.500
Grafton Youth Hockey "MEGA RAFFLE".
1st prize is a 2008 Harley Davidson.
2nd prize is a 2008 Arctic Cat ATV
(I won the ATV last year)
3rd prize is a John Deere Riding mower. (H. Dale Aasand won the Rider
last year) 4th prize is a Napa Tool Chest.
5th prize is a giant flat screen TV.
++plus 35 additional prizes AND a super dinner is included with every
ticket.
$32.500 in cash and prizes, with 1 chance in 15 to win one of the
prizes.
The banquet dinner and drawing will be held on March 15, 2008.
(Need not be present to win.)
You can help Grafton's Youth Hockey organization become the very best
it can.
Please make checks payable to Grafton Youth Hockey. My address is
764 Birch Court, Grafton, ND 58237
OR, you can call 701-520-1804. That's Dave Hills cell number and
he will put a ticket aside for you. And,... my grandson Dilan and I,...
will be very pleased as well.
There is a 1 in 15 chance of getting your money back OR MORE. {:-)
==========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==========================
"The key to success is not hearing what you want to hear. It's hearing
what you need to hear." Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: