Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22, 2008 - Saturday

Best wishes from all of us in our house, to all of you in yours.
=== HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE ===
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The current temperature is 29
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 34/29
Normal H/L temp on this date is 37/20
It was 83 on this date in 1910. This part of the globe certainly was
warm that day.
Mother nature sent another shipment of parts to build a battalion of
snowmen.
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
After sending out Fridays Gazette, I "thought" I wouldn't send out
another til Monday. Then I received the following note from Christine.
After reading it I decided I must share her message, and her request, as
soon as possible.
Christine wrote; >>> Hi Gary,
I tried to email you yesterday but I received an error. I will attempt
again. I am sitting at a computer at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. My
big brother Michael Jensen will undergo surgery today to remove a tumor
which is wrapped around his spine. The surgery is expected to take all
day long. I feel powerless and the only thing I know how to do is ask
God for help. I'm wondering if you could ask your readers to say a
prayer for my brother and his doctors. I believe in the power of prayer;
in many energies lifting their voices. I would really appreciate any
help you can give me. Blessings always, Christine Jensen <<< Thanks a
million for caring and sharing Christine. I know Michael personally,
and, I have enjoyed working with him in the beet business. I saddens me
to hear of his very serious medical problem.
Sunday, those of Christian faith will celebrate Easter, the
resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. I would be most grateful to those
that would include Michael in their prayers.
---------------------------
Speaking of keeping folks in their prayers, remember to keep Kelly
Andrews in your prayers as well. Matt shared the following message
related to Kelly's challenges. Matt wrote; >>> Gary,
I had no idea that Kelly was sick, thank you for your Gazette. I've
known Kelly as a good friend for almost twenty years now, and I'm
shocked to hear about her adversity - she is a wonderful, beautiful
girl. As you know Gary, I have been living in North Carolina, and I
don't get too many reports from back home. This one sets me back in my
seat. Kelly, I love you so much. You have our prayers and hearts. Thanks
Gary.
-Matt Mattson <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Matt. A whole lot of people
are going to work very hard on Friday the 28th, (that's the date of
Kelly's Benefit at Marketplace on 8th) to prove to her, and the rest of
the world, how many people really care and how many people are willing
to share.
-------------------------
While I was writing about the bottles, cans and paper scattered around
town, I was thinking of dad in the old Rambler station wagon, dragging
litter to the car with his cane.
To borrow a line from a famous country singer. My dad was recycling,
before recycling was really cool. Anyway, Kathee shared the following
thoughts. >>>
As soon as you mentioned the trash revealed by the melting snow, I
thought of your dad. He would be driving the old brown Grafton Floral
station wagon and start to veer off into the other lane or too close to
the curb. Then he would open his door, lean over and pick up some trash
and throw it in the back of the station wagon.
Now we have signs that tell us who has adopted a certain section of a
road to keep clean. Bill Moe adopted all of the streets of Grafton.
Just yesterday I was thinking that I should get outside and pick up the
trash in our farmyard, deposited there by the wind blowing junk out of
the back of the farm vehicles or by our dog who finds all things
valuable and carries them onto the driveway. But that trash is now under
a good 5 to 6 inches of snow. The trash will have to wait for the next
thaw.
Happy Easter.
Kathee <<< Thanks a million Kathy, for caring and sharing your memories.
----------------------
Gene and Alice cared enough to share the following. >>>
Hi Friends...Just a note to say we hope you have a wonderful
Easter. Here in the Western foothills of the Sierras it is finally
spring. There is still lots of snow on the peaks but that is good for
the farmers on the CA side. However, our trees are nice and green and
daytime temps are in the 70s again. Last week we finally got to see
some of our local attractions...the Capitol Building in Sacramento, and
the Stanford Mansion. We love to tour historical places, and have put
this off for a long time. Our granddaughter was here the week before,
and we finally got to Sutter's Fort and Coloma (where gold was first
discovered in CA) about 13 miles away from Auburn. For the first time in
about 30 years we will miss Good Friday services. Yep, both of us
have the flu. Ugh! It has hung on all week. We are hoping to be
able to go to Easter services, but that's probably all we will be able
to manage. Don't want to spread the junk around. It is the 'drain
every ounce of energy from the body so you feel like a slug' type of
flu. Also the 'cough until you turn purple' kind. I managed to
walk down to the mailbox today, and then had to crash in a chair for an
hour. Other than this, we are enjoying our time in CA, while still
looking forward to heading east in a month or so. Gene has to try out
the salmon fishing season before we go (unless they cancel it, which
they are threatening to do.) He got to go clamming on Tomales Bay
with the grandkids last Monday, and at least had one good day this
week. We now have lots of clams and plans for some chowder next
week! We are also planning some painting, fencing, planting projects
for before we leave so we will be "enjoying" the great outdoors quite a
lot. Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter, and thanks for
keeping in touch. Isn't e-mail great! Gene & Alice <<< Thanks a
million for caring and sharing. I was really hoping this would be the
Easter that "someone" would be able to explain how in the world a rabbit
lays an egg without breaking it.
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
Just because I didn't mention the 2008 World Men's Curling
Championship's at The Ralph April 5 thru 13. Doesn't mean I have
forgotten about it.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: