Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March 5, 2008 - Wednesday

Todays Gazette is brought to you in part, by Garrison Keillor's
"Prairie Home Companion"
------------------------
The current temperature is 1 degree.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 23/6
Normal H/L temp for this date is 29/12
It appears that mother nature will continue to keep us humble (below
zero) for another few days.
===========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
===========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
--------------------------
The rumor about a new plumber coming to town was true. As a matter of
fact, I received the following note from Mavis, the "new" plumbers
mother. >>>>
Subject: new plumber
Hi Gary,
A couple of weeks ago you mentioned a new plumber in town. I believe
you may have been talking about our son Jay. He has moved back to
town. He is the new employee at Kutz 'n O'Brien and will be working
for Mickey. We are very happy to have him back in Grafton.
Our daughter, Jen Kava, would like to receive your Gazette. Would
you mind adding her to your list of subscribers? Thank you!
Mavis <<<>>>>
Bert's note brought back some memories. I was a rinkrat and I remember
cleaning the ice and then getting those wooden
cradles out for the hose to lie in (we flooded the rink with hot
water). As the flooding progressed and the hose got shorter, we would
have to take up those wooden cradles and put them away. It was a lot
of fun and a privilege to be a rinkrat.
I seem to remember a hockey team, maybe a city team, that had Hank
Newgard as the goalie.
Dennis Loos <<< href="http://kiley.com/" target="_blank">Kiley.com
---- Holy Smokes I thought, that's the Pat Kiley from Grafton. Although,
he sounded alot more like Everett Kiley used to sound when he sold cars
in Grafton 50 years ago.
It is a small world, isn't it?
------------------------------
Speaking of small worlds. How about this note? >>> From Scott Hove in
Las Vegas
Gary,
Last week I attended a business event at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on the
Las Vegas strip. After it ended I was visiting with someone outside
of the venue, when I looked over and recognized Garrison Keillor of
Prairie Home Companion fame.
I said "Hello" and told him I was from North Dakota and had inherited
many of the things he talks about weekly on his radio show. He
laughed and asked where I was from in North Dakota.
When I told him Grafton, he immediately asked if I knew Russ
Ringsak. While I didn't, Keillor said that Russ was the son of Elton
Ringsak the former state's attorney (I believe).
I "googled" Russ Ringsak on the Internet and learned he is a graduate of
NDSU, became an architect, but, left that profession to become a truck
driver and writer. He has written for Prairie Home Companion, it
seems, for quite some time now.
I thought you and your readers may find it interesting to know that a
celebrity like Keillor has a Grafton connection via the Ringsak's!
Best,
Scott Hove <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Scott. Elton Ringsak not only
was a highly respected Grafton attorney and former states attorney.
Elton was a highly decorated war hero as well. Both Elton and his lovely
wife Ruth are buried in the Arlington National Cemetery at Washington
D.C..
ALSO, rumor has it. If Obama wins the White House, he may well spend
his summers at Lake Wobegon.
Or so it seems to me.
------------------------------
===== HERITAGE VILLAGE =====
~~~~ WALLEYE FISH FRY ~~~~
---- FRIDAY--MARCH 7, 2008 ----
~ SERVING FROM 5PM UNTIL 8PM ~
FOR TAKE OUT ORDERS CALL THE
VILLAGE AT 701-352-3280 ADULTS
$10.00 CHILDREN UNDER 10 $5.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$32,500 === $32,500 === $32.500
Grafton Youth Hockey "MEGA RAFFLE".
1st prize is a 2008 Harley Davidson.
2nd prize is a 2008 Arctic Cat ATV
3rd prize is a John Deere Riding mower. 4th prize is a Napa Tool
Chest.
5th prize is a giant flat screen TV.
++plus 35 additional prizes AND a super dinner is included with every
ticket.
$32.500 in cash and prizes, with 1 chance in 15 to win one of the
prizes.
The banquet dinner and drawing will be held on March 15, 2008.
(Need not be present to win.)
You can help Grafton's Youth Hockey organization become the very
best it can.
Please make checks payable to Grafton Youth Hockey. My address is
764 Birch Court, Grafton, ND 58237
OR, you can call 701-520-1804. That's Dave Hills cell number and
he will put a ticket aside for you. And,... my grandson Dilan and I,...
will be very pleased as well. There is a 1 in 15 chance of getting
your money back OR MORE. {:-)
===========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
===========================
If you don't tell me. How can I tell everyone else?


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: