Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2, 2007 - Friday - Grafton, ND

Todays Gazette is brought to you, in part, by Rick's Repair, Rick
Daigre proprietor.
----------------------
The current temperature is 6 degrees
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 6/-12
Normal H/L temp for this date is 18/-2
The "feels like" temperature on bare body parts this morning was -17.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
"Smoking makes ignorance visible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
For a little while yesterday it looked like John Tweten was starting up
a used car lot in his newly acquired property. Later it became known
that the "used" cars, vans and pickups were only there being readied for
the trip to Texas.
Evidently, Rick Daigre installed trailer hitches and equipment to the
fleet so they could be transported. Rumor has it that an energetic
entrepreneur buys used cars in the area in various stages of repair and
transports them down south for sale.
I wonder if that's where the southern term "cool car" comes?
--------------------------
Here we go again. I was in the library, on a research project and heard
them say on the radio, that Al Gore is up for yet another award.
Something about a emery or oswald award, I think. Something about a
picture he took, or, one he was in, I think.
Then I heard, last night, Al Gore should be worshipped for his work on
the global warming issue. I think that's what I heard.
Without getting into the "politics" of the issue, I can only say that I
certainly agree. If anyone, anywhere, has ever contributed sufficient
hot air to cause global warming. It might be Al Gore alright.
Another Al,... Sharpy, I think, wants to create a monument to Gore for
all is efforts stemming the tide of the global warming war. Again,
without getting into the politics of the issue. I concur with the idea
that Al Gore "should" be recognized for his efforts in self stemming,
although I find it hard to believe that the glaciers that left the
northern plans 10,000 years ago, did so because mother nature knew that
Al Gore would need to make a movie to get a miniature statue for his
mantle.
----------------------
It's no wonder folks sometimes get confused. Martha Stewart went to
jail and had to wear a fancy dog collar on her ankle,... just for
listening to the financial adviser she paid to give her financial
advice. AND, on the other hand, OJ Simpson walked away from murdering
his wife scott free. Because his glove didn't fit.
We wonder why our manufacturing jobs are being sent to foreign lands.
Yet, instead of simply saying "goodbye", everyone tells everyone,"don't
work to hard". Yah,... like that'll get the job done.
Then there's Al Gore nomination for some pullmister's prise award for
his revolutionary discovery that the glaciers started melting away some
10,000 years ago (for the second time). And, by George and by Golly,
they're still melting. Now, don't that just make a puppy wanna nibble on
someone's appendage?
--------------------------
Bert Overland sent the following:
Subject: Very sad news
Gary, I received a letter today from Deani Pearsonwith some very
surprising but sad news.
For years I have communicated with "Pag" and Enid Pagliariniby
letter and telephone, visiting whenever we were in the area.
Deani(theirdaughter) wrotethat on October 16th Enid had a
stomach ailment and passed away from a blood clot.
LaterPag fell and broke a hip. He waswaiting in the nursing
home for surgery and on November 20th his heart gave out, two weeks
before his 90th birthday.
Pag, Ilke Joe Birkland, was an icon for our age group. What these
two and Lorne Miller did for all ofus wereblessings I am sure
allof usexperiencing those years in Graftoncherish the memories
they left with everyone who knew them.
Bert Overland <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Bert. I am truly sorry to hear
the sad news of the Pagliarini's. I'm sure most would agree that they
really did play a special part in the evolution of our community.
And, I might add, another reason I end each Gazette. "Write if you can,
call if you can't, and, tell you loved ones they are, before it's too
late."
-------------------------
It's hard to believe that it was only 60 years ago that Fritz Finger
and Gordon Stark bought the stock and fixtures of Fish's Variety Store
from Mrs. Ethel Fish.
Then again, it was only 50 years ago that Frank McCann and A. L. Hart
purchased and tore down the school house.
Aren't memories wonderful?
----------------------
I'm not sure how many folks I've told about Todd Morgans Editorial,
Business Rebound, in this weeks Walsh County Record. Quite a few, I
know. After I push the send button today, a whole bunch more will know.
Thanks a million Todd, in my opinion, this weeks Editorial Rivals those
written by Rilie R. Morgan. "What one does and what one says is a pretty
good criterion of what one is." (Rilie R. Morgan)
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
"If you don't tell me, I don't know. If I don't know, I can't tell
you."
Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: