Thursday, December 07, 2006

Decembert 7, 2006 - Thursday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part by Miles Haug Potato
Company.
-----------------------
The current temperature is MINUS 13°.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 21/-6
Normal H/L temp for this date is 23/6
It's not always this cold here. In 1990 it was 47 degrees (above) on
this date.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Several area residents are planning ice fishing trips in the next few
weeks. I checked our freezer and we still have a few bags of ice left so
I'll be holding off til after the holiday season.
Speaking of fishing, I "caught" (pardon the pun) the Midwest Sports
channel show, on cable tv, about ice fishing at Arnesen's Rocky Point
Resort the other day. It might sound funny, but the Resort looks, on
television, just as I remember it. As a matter of fact, I can hardly
wait to get back up there again. If your looking for a super place to
spend a few days, a place in the middle of a beautiful winter
wonderland. Give Arnesen's Rocky Point Resort a call at 1-800-535-7585
and tell them you want to fish in my very own "special" secret fishing
hole. If they tell you they're not sure where that is, that's because
it's a secret.
-------------------------
I really wasn't very surprised that so many folks were able to answer
yesterdays "question of the day". Actually, for a second, I even thought
of offering a prize to anyone that could answer the question correctly.
The two wildest suggestions were Monica and Hilary.
The majority simply said "the Hagerty's", and, had I really decided to
offer a prize. The obvious winner would have been the following. >>> I
got it. They are both written by that lady who has sewage lift station
No. 8 named after her in Grand Forks. I think it's the same one who
keeps track of pigeons in Grand Forks. mgh
MGH
Marilyn Hagerty <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Marilyn. I'm
surprised that a lady with such a busy schedule as Marilyn, even has
time to read the Gazette. If the trueth be known, it may well have been
by reading Jack Hagerty's columns that I "captured" the value of
"memories". Likewise too, by reading Marilyn Hagerty's column's. I have
learned the value of recognizing and sharing lifes "wonderful little
treasures".
--------------------------
The next note comes from the sister cities to our south as well. Diane
wrote: >>> Good Evening Gary!
While I've been reading your ramblings, it seems to me that every day
there is another thing stolen out of your city park Christmas display.
Why not catch them film. There is such a camera that snaps a shot when
there is motion. They use it for deer locating (see if there is any "Big
One's" hanging around!) I agree they should be added to the Christmas
display on street light poles!!! Merry Christmas to all! DMO <<< Thanks
a million for caring and sharing Diane. Actually, though, I don't think
it's fair to say the rancid little rats attack every single day. Or,
even that we are experiencing any more, or less, vandalism than any
other community in the country. My personal frustration is not simply
with the thimble brained thief, but also with the individuals that
protect them. Often, I include the quote, "To know what is right, and
then not do it. Is the worst kind of cowardice." Unfortunately,
obviously, most folks do not agree with it. Or so it seems to me.
----------------------
Don't forget to plan on being at the Grafton Lutheran Church the
evening of the 17 at 7:00 for Carols & Candles. It's my understanding
that Beverly Boura will be waving a stick and directing the chorus while
Mary Jo Hall will be tickling the ivories.
Speaking of the Grafton Lutheran Church. Rumor has it, that
congregation may soon be lead by a man of the cloth with a last name
very close to yours truely. If this is still a secret, please don't tell
anyone. If it isn't, tell everyone at Carols and Candles on the 17th.
---------------------
Only 29,454,519 minutes ago was a Thursday also. Patti Page was singing
her latest hit song, The Tennessee Waltz to 150,697,361 other legal
American residents when Diane Conigliaro received her very first
spanking. By the time she finished crying, Eileen Barton was on the
radio singing her rendition of, "If I knew you were coming I'd've baked
a cake.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI, we love you very much. Aunt Patti and Uncle Gary
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette woks best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.
P.S.
Please remember, if you would prefer I not share your message in the
Gazette, simply say so and your note will remain strictly confidential.
I guarantee it.
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: