Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December 6, 2006 - Wednesday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Johnson
Refrigeration
-----------------------
The current temperature is 5 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 28/9
Normal H/L temp for this date is 23/7
It's supposed to get to 12 below tonight. I guess the beach will
be closed for the rest of the year.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
It's been pretty quiet around town lately. Folks are busy digging
out their long Johns and extension cords.
------------------------
I wasn't surprised to get several notes, and even a couple calls
about the problems in Leistikow Park. Although they all used a slightly
different approach, in general, the following note covers the issue
quite well. >>> Just read the Gazette and can say I'm not too surprised
to read about vandalism to Christmas displays in the park again this
year. Actually I can say that in looking into my "crystal ball" (no pun
intended) I can see that there will be vandalism to next years displays,
and the year after that also. It would seem to me that the only way to
stop this activity would be to catch the "dastards" (that's what I call
someone who does a dastardly deed) who are responsible for this activity
and use their punishment as an example to other "dastards" that Grafton
won't tolerate their behavior. Maybe a fitting punishment would be to
hang them from a light pole by their (insert a body part here) and shove
a candy cane up their (insert body part here) and use them for Christmas
decorations on main street for a couple days. (and nights) I can't
imagine it would be that hard to catch those responsible once someone
says "enough is enough" and makes it a priority to apprehend the
individuals responsible. I seriously doubt that Grafton's business
community has anyone still in business who has the limited mental
capacity of those doing these deeds. Once someone or everyone says lets
use our superior brainpower to catch these "dastards" and stop this
ludicrous behavior once and for all it shouldn't take long to catch
them. I don't think it's brain surgeons or rocket scientists doing this
after all.
It might take a few nights of all night surveillance, or
maybe some strategically placed motion detecting cameras like hunters
use, or better yet a sharpshooter armed with a night vision scope on a
high powered rifle hiding in an outbuilding. (That one might be a little
too strong the first time) It's either that or continue to allow those
"dastards" to rule the late nights in Grafton and spoil the efforts of
those blessed with the true Christmas spirit. It can be stopped, someone
just has to decide to stop it. Or so it seems to me. <<<< Now then,
unless I don't understand the note correctly, somewhere in there is a
solution to "our" problem. For that we should be most grateful... I
think.
-----------------------
I'm not sure when, the sign only says "opening soon". The EL
Molcajete. Aida's Family Restaurant. Featuring Authentic Mexican
Cuisine. When it does open, It can be found on the north end of Grafton.
Look for the building in the shade of the Grafton Water Tower at high
noon.
-------------------------
We sent our best wishes and Happy Birthday to Norman (Nip) Lykken
Sunday. He responded with the following note. Nip wrote: >>> Hi Gary
Right I will take two. How much? and where do I send it? I
have to tell you about my Birthday.We were sitting in the Elks club here
and I got a call from my brother Dean wishing me a happy birthday. I no
sooner hung up and I looked up and here comes Dean and my two nephews
Dale and Darryl sander walking in singing happy birthday. I guess it was
the biggest surprise I ever had. On top of that, my wallet is a lot
lighter from following them around Laughlin and we are still celebrating
my birthday.
"NIP" <<< Thanks for caring and sharing Nip, It sounds like a good time
was had by all. I do have a couple "lucky" tickets set aside for you and
Kathy.
-----------------------
=== QUESTION - OF - THE - DAY ===
What do the following two phrases have in common: "Behind The
Scenes"
and "That Reminds Me"
-----------------------
The worlds problems have become so complex that even teenagers
admit they don't have all the answers.
-----------------------
There's no shortage of things to do and attend this time of year.
Please save a few hours the night of December, 17.
Dear Gary,
Please share with your readers that Carols and Candles will be held
again this year at the Grafton Lutheran Church at 7 P.M. Everyone is
welcomed to attend. The choir is directed by Bev Boura and Mary Jo Hall
accompanies on the piano. Hope to see everyone there! Thanks,
Elaine <<< I'll mention this one again in a few days, just in case
someone forgets to mar it down.
------------------------
WHO SAID? "Hey! We made history." Why & when was it said?
------------------------
"A wise man never gets into a situation a clever man has to get
out of."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a beautiful day 25,772,458 minutes ago (at noon today). A
Friday as a matter of fact. Sam Cooke was singing his newest hit, "You
send me". That was also the day Julie Watkins received her first
spanking and joined 150,697,361 legal Americans. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE
we love you very much.
Aunt Patti & Uncle Gary
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or
so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: