Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 26, 2006 - Tuesday - Grafton, ND

Todays Gazette is being brought to you by Brent Hermans PIANO TALK.
Tonight at 7:00 pm at St. Johns Parish Center.
---------------------
The current temperature is 30 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 28/9
Normal H/L temp for this date is 17/-2
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
"smoking makes ignorance visible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
There were 29 very exited people in our house Christmas eve, and that's
not counting grandma Moe and me. Of the wee ones, Ty was the bravest,
then Kylie and Trevor touched Santa's knee. Finally, reluctantly, Jade
was up next. Tho it seemed that she would sooner give Santa the "hex".
Pat and I are extremely fortunate to have so many of our family with us
at Christmas.
This year, as always, I struggled with what I would get Pat for
Christmas. I thought I might get her a picture or a portrait, or two.
Then, I wondered if maybe "regifting" would do. For a while I considered
an antique maybe two, while still I kept wondering if "regifting" would
do. Then gift certificates popped into my head, but where would I get
them, how much should I spend, or,... should I consider "regifting"
instead. One things for certain we have always agreed, it's not the cost
or the present that's important you see. It's the thought, and the
effort, that goes under the tree.
So, after much thought I decided I would give Pat a few portraits of
Ben Franklin. They would be printed by a reputable printer, the US
printing press. They would be on old paper (antique). They would be a
super gift certificate. Good for anything, anywhere. And, I will have
participated in the country's newest craze, "regifting". After all, I
did in fact get them from someone else, first. Or so it seems to me.
---------------------------
Kathee sent the following that should be shared with everyone. She
wrote. >>>
Just thought that I would let you know that my boss visited Grafton
last week. He had an appointment in Walhalla and then worked his way
back to Wadena, going through Cavalier, Park River and Grafton. He said
that he was impressed with Grafton's downtown and with the friendliness
of the people. He had lunch at the coffee shop downtown. (Is that the
Daily Grind?) He stopped by the former Reyleck's building to see the
store to which I often refer and which was the original home of the
posting desk that I now have in my Wadena office. He went across the
street, visited with Denise Sevigny and picked out a Spoiler basketball
memento for me. He put the basketball on my Reyleck's posting desk the
next day. It will stay there as another reminder of how lucky I was to
have grown up in Grafton.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Kathee Carlson <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kathee. You
are correct that the coffee shop is in fact the Daily Grind. It's a
super little coffee shop that the whole town can be proud of. Denise
Sevigny, for those not aware, operates Embroidery Plus in downtown
Grafton. I might also add that I received a UND (green & white) Fighting
Sioux bird feeder from my granddaughter Nicky this Christmas and it came
from Embroidery Plus. Gosh it's great hearing nice things about our
wonderful little community.
----------------------
Speaking of our community. The St. Johns Catholic Church Community,
along with Brent Hermans and his cast of musical magicians invite
EVERYONE to tonights performance of PIANO TALK, a Christmas Concert.
It's free, including cake and coffee, AND, I'm told, some fantastic door
prizes too.
The Parish Center is located on the south end of Western Avenue, right
across the street from Shirley and Larry Durands house.
It's still a rumor but it sounds like Larry might be there too.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: