Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30, 2006 - Saturday - Grafton, ND

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, by Grafton's Heritage Village.
New Years Evening Bingo Party. Saturday Night!!!!
---------------------
The current temperature is 18 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 31/17
Normal H/L temp for this date is 16/-3
Rumor his it, some folks in Denver are looking for suitable storage for
a couple million snowman parts.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
"Smoking makes ignorance visible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
For those who say there's never anything to do in a small town.
Subject: BINGO AT HERITAGE VILLAGE Gary,
Please put the following notice in your next newsletter.
Heritage Village will be celebrating an early New Years Eve Bingo
party on Saturday, Dec. 30. We will have 2 sessions, the first one
starting at 7:45pm and the second starting at 9:45pm. We will have an
extra game each session worth $50.00 to the lucky winner and an
additional blackout game each session with a guaranteed $200.00 payout.
There will be free coffee, popcorn and New Years favors. We will serve
Chili, sandwiches, bars, and desserts until gone. Hope to see you all
there for a fun evening. Thank you
Verna Sherek <<< Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone would grab their
daubers and spend this Saturday evening at Heritage Village in Grafton.
-----------------------
Subject: Newsletter
Gary,
Please subscribe me to your email newsletter. I had worked at
Heritage in finance for a couple years and had read it there every time
it came out. I had always enjoyed it and still read it at
newsfromgrafton.com when I get the chance. I am starting a new
business in Grafton within the next few weeks and would appreciate the
chance to say something about it in your newsletter, as it is a great
resource for the community.
Thanks,
Erick Soltvedt <<< Welcome to the Gazette family Eric. I hope you
will find "something" of value in our babble.
-----------------------
Subject: Shivercity Gazette
I'm an ole Graftonite, who hasn't been "home" in a long time, I do
keep in touch with my friend, Judy O'toole. She had told me of
your E-mail news the Shivercity Gazette and sent a couple to read,
which I've enjoyed I would like to be on your mailing address. Is it
possible to read past writings? Even being away from Grafton for 37
years some of the names in your articles are familiar and interesting.
Thank you
Judi Friesen Larson <<< Thanks Judi, it's always great hearing from
former Graftonites. And, we are pleased to include you and them, and
anyone, in the Gazette family.
From the beginning, when only a few of my very closest family members
would tolerate my babble. My intent for the Gazette, was never to become
a newsletter. Rather, that it would become a vehicle from which "we"
could share issues and ideas with people whom we really cared about. To
the best of my ability, I have never strayed (to far) from that intent,
even though the Gazette family continues to grow.
The very first Gazette, only went across town, and was part of my
personal mental rehabilitation process, that, continues til this day.
From the first group of five or six individuals. The Gazette has grown
to multiple groups, which in turn includes multiple groups, going into
twenty three states and three foreign countries.
Never once have I considered the thought of advertising, nor will I
ever. Never once, have I intended harm to anyone or anything. Although I
will admit, I know sometimes the truth does hurt. Never once have I
written, or allowed anything to go out in the Gazette that I believed
not true.
However, that doesn't mean I haven't been wrong, and, it doesn't mean I
haven't reserved the right to change my mind. "You show me
someone that still believes everything they did the day they were born,
and I'll show you a person that believes their first spanking was from a
doctor that didn't like them."
Hence,... if someone truly wants to advertise, a business or product.
The Grand Forks Herald, Walsh County Record, KXPO Radio or WDAY is, in
my opinion, the best place to accomplish that process. IF,... on the
other hand, anyone "cares" to "share", information about new or old
businesses, status of family or friends, or just plain general
information and stuff (things I often call babble). I'm almost certain,
some of the several thousand folks that receive it, will read it, and
find it interesting. Certainly I will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was on a Tuesday, Sandy Koufax was blowing out six candles on his
Birthday cake. Benny Goodman's hit tune There'll Be Some Changes Made
was playing over the KROX radio station and Wayne Stark received his
very first spanking welcoming him into the world. When he stopped crying
he was one of 131,669,275 legal citizens of the United States of
America.
====== HAPPY BIRTHDAY ======
------ REVEREND WAYNE STARK ------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It happened one Monday as Bobby Goldsboro's hit song "Honey" was
playing over KGPC. It'll take Tiger Woods another 7 years before he even
'enters' a maternity ward, let along his first PGA tournament. However,
Todd Durand got his butt slapped for the first time that day and here we
are 333,106 hours later and he's blowing out 38 candles, just two days
before the new year's eve celebration.
======= HAPPY BIRTHDAY =======
------------- TODD DURAND -----------
With Love From
Your aunt Pat and uncle Gary
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
"I can almost guarantee,.. if you don't tell me,.. I don't know." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: