Friday, October 05, 2007

October 5, 2007 - Friday - Grafton, ND

-----------------------
Hippies who don't shower,
can overpower the flower.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 49 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 64/44
Normal H/L temp for this date is 62/38
At the present time we are receiving thunder and rain.
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Ever wonder why "all" the leaves, on "all" the trees can't fall off
at the same time? Maybe it's just Mother Natures way of getting even
with us, for not being environmentally friendly.
-------------------------
It really is a fact. There is a very real, and serious, diesel fuel
shortage in this country. I wonder what "we" will do, if "they" don't do
something about it soon?
Oops, there's that "we & they" thing again. It seems to pop up every
year around the time. Most often though, it comes in the form of -
don't they know we are going to start losing our help if they keep
starting and stopping harvest like this. Or maybe,... who do "they"
think "they" are paying there truck drivers so much? Don't "they" know
"we" will just have to pay our drivers even more to keep them?
Then there's, why didn't "They" know this was going to happen before
"we" planted. "They" should have known "we" might run into trouble.
After all, that's why "we" pay "them".
Darn, bugger, heck, shucks,... the world just might be a whole lot
better place to live if "we" could only understand that "we" are the
"they", "they" talk about when "we" screw up. Or so it seems to me.
------------------------
Dale Peterson stopped by the other day to show us a 1953 Home Cafe desk
calendar. The calendar listed Mr & Mrs Ben Nelson as Proprietors.
Question. Where was the cafe located? Was the Ben Nelson family related
to the rest of the Nelsons in the area? And, does anyone remember who
worked there?
++++
Dale also brought along a baseball signed by Happy Chandler and one
signed by all the members of the Grand Forks Chiefs baseball team. I
understand Dale purchased the baseballs from a garage sale at the Joe &
Avis Birkeland residence several years ago. Dale indicated that he
thought maybe Joe obtained the baseballs after a game between The Grand
Forks Chiefs and the Eau Claire Bears held at Chandler Field in Grafton.
Speaking of baseball and Chandler Field. I remember well the "dugouts"
in the old Chandler Field. Though particularly proud of the fact, that's
where I learned to smoke. Anyway, the "dugouts" in the old ball park
were actually dugout of the ground. I notice the new "dugouts," in the
new Chandler Field ball diamond, are being built above ground. So,...
will they become "dugups"?
-----------------------
Today (Friday) is the day that Ruth (Demester) Peterson celebrates the
anniversary of her birth. Ruth is absolute proof that one can stay young
and cool even though the temperature over her birthday cake continues to
increase. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ruth, we love you very much.
Aunt Pat and Uncle Gary
------------------------
Tomorrow, (Saturday) Tiffany, our first born granddaughter will be
blowing out another candle on her birthday cake.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tiffany, your Gramma Patti and Grandpa Gary love you
very much.
------------------------
Sunday, October 7, 2007 will be a very special day for me. It will mark
the 47th consecutive year that Pat has tolerated all of my
idiosyncracies. Most folks would agree that long term marriages require
the effort of both people involved. I sure do. Some folks believe long
term marriages are the end result of a full and complete partnership
(team) effort. I know I sure do. A few folks might even go so far as to
say that both parties in a long term successful marriage will, from time
to time, need copious amounts of patience and understanding. I too,
agree with those folks.
However, fortunately for me, there is an individual in this world with
the God given ability to tolerate me. An angel of sorts, with the
strength, ability and fortitude to channel me and my life in the proper
direction.
After 47 years of caring and sharing I feel extremely fortunate to be
able to call Pat my sweetheart, my lover and my friend.
I love you Patricia Margaret Moe. You are not only my wife, you are my
life.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: