Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18, 2007 - Thursday

-----------------------
A driver is safer when the roads are dry, and the roads are safer when
the driver is dry.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 49 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 57/48
Normal H/L temp for this date is 55/32
Today will be this years last edition of the Skeeterville Gazette. With
the 'normal' low temperature of 32 degrees. It's time for Shivercity to
return to production.
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Almost every day I receive notes like the following. Often they come in
the form of questions and sometimes even concern. Mostly, I believe,
they are comments our business and community leaders should take to
heart. >>>
Gary,
I have to wonder was there this much discussion when K-Mart first came
to Grafton? I personally would like to see Walmart call Grafton home.
Think how many people it will bring in from the area to shop. While
they're here, they may decided to have lunch, stop at the drug store,
hardware store, etc.
If the local stores are worried about losing business, maybe they'll
need to work a little harder to keep the customers they have and even
harder to pull in the customers they currently don't have. For certain I
know that I'll still support True Value. Where else in the world can you
go in asking for a doohickey for my thing-a-majiggy and they know what
you're talking about?? <<<<
"There's no sense going to the ballpark, if no-one is playing a game.
There's no reason to go to the swimming pool if there's water in the
pool."
Or so it seems to me.
-------------------------
The world lost another wonderful lady on the Monday just past.
Although I really never knew Eleanor Osowski personally. I am certain
she was a special lady. Even though I never had the opportunity to speak
with Eleanor, I can tell you she was a person of her word. I might even
have seen her sometime, or maybe past her on the street. If so I might
not have recognized her, as she was a gracious lady and tended to be
discrete. Her word was her bond, I'm sure of that, and, along with all
her other blessings Eleanor (Lizakowski) Osowski wasn't afraid of work.
You might ask. How could I know so much about her even though I have
never even met her. The answer, my friends, is quite simple. For many
years I was fortunate enough to work hand in hand with Donald, one of
Eleanor's sons. She shared her traits with Donnie and he learned those
lessons well. So even though I've never met this wonderful lady, I truly
know her well.
With our most heartfelt condolences we extend our deepest sympathies to
everyone that holds Eleanor Osowski dear.
Eleanor Osowski
(October 21, 1916 - October 15, 2007)
Eleanor Osowski, 90, of Oslo, Minnesota died Monday, October 15, 2007.
Mass of Christian Burial will be 10:00 am, Friday, October 19, 2007 at
St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Oslo with burial in St. Joseph's
Cemetery.
Friends may call at the church on Thursday from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm
with a 7:00 pm Prayer Service and one hour prior to services in the
church.
She is survived by her sons: Donald (Jane) of Grafton, Jim of Fargo,
Larry (Connie) of Grand Forks; daughters: Evie Delasantos of Mesa,
Delores (Chuck) Thomas of Rapid City, Lorraine Kallock of Fargo, Jan
(John) Gowan of Fargo, and Carol Hauser of Glyndon. She was preceded in
death by her parents; husband, Joseph and brother, Leo Lizakowski.
The Barnes Family Funeral Service, Henriksen-Kamrowski Chapel of Grafton
is assisting the family with arrangements.
--------------------
I have received several notes suggesting I comment on the status of
Newman's Alchem ethanol plant located on the North end of Grafton.
Although I didn't hear the news the night some local folks were featured
commenting on the closing. I was told that John Aasand was interviewed
on channel 8 and he wasn't the happiest camper upon hearing the news.
I am, however, almost positive there is no fact to the rumor that the
plant will be taken over by the folks from Crown Royal.
-----------------------
This note makes reference, among other things, to Bert Overlands
comments just a few days ago. Wally wrote. >>>
Hi Gary
I got this note last nite from Dick Swandby. I went to school with
him and his brothers Earl and Bitz.His father Ray had the Tollefson
Funeral Home. His first funeral home was on main street, next to Teds
Tavern. The thing I remember most about that funeral home and the tavern
was that the buildings were so poorly insulated that when the
nickelodeon was playing in the tavern you could hear it next door in the
funeral home.
Memories are great -- priceless. One of those memories was
when Mr. Swandby asked me to ask Ted Mattson if he could unplug it (the
nickelodeon) for a short time during the wake. Ted said you bet and went
over and pulled the plug. It must have been a regular thing as he did it
with a smile and in respect to the family
I wish more people would share the little things with you such
as Bert Overland did yesterday. They were and are now a great
family. Wally <<<< Thanks a million for caring and
sharing Wally.
----------------------
We are pleased to welcome Tucsonian resident Marjorie to the Gazette
family. We're also happy to welcome Lorraine to Gazette. She resides in
the Cavalier branch of the Gazette family tree.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
If you haven't sent me a note lately, you have an advantage I don't
have. You know your there,..... and I don't.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: