Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1, 2007 - Monday - Grafton, ND

10/01/07 MONDAY
---------------------
"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
---------------------
The present temperature is 48 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 72/41
Normal H/L temp for this date is 64/37
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
LOCAL NEWS & STUFF, mostly stuff.
----------------------
Saturday afternoon, while standing on the edge of Arnesen's Rocky
Point Resort Marina, I found it difficult to realize yet another summer
season had already come to past. As I watched the waves breaking against
the rocks protecting the jetty from mother natures elements, it became
clear it would be the last time, certainly for this year, that I would
be able to appreciate the beautiful view of the lake, and, the fantastic
facilities that have been so much a part of my life for so many summers.
Saying goodbye to all of the wonderful folks that make Rocky Point our
summer home was never easy. This year, however, it seemed to be even
more difficult.
It's almost impossible to find the proper words to thank the Arnesen
family for all they've done for us during our stay there this summer.
The same is true for the entire Rocky Point Staff. Their kindness,
concern and sincerity for me and for my whole family is nothing short of
unbelieveable.
As I stood there watching the majestic waves splashing over the rocks.
I thought of the numerous friendships we've made over the years. That
our "old friends" seemed closer, and, that the new ones seemed even
nearer is undoubtedly one of the main reasons I have come to appreciate
our stay at Rocky Point as much as I do.
With a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat, I closed the door to the
motorhome and drove away from my wonderful summers stay. As I rounded
the curve and the lake disappeared from my rear view mirror, I swallowed
one last time. It was then decided that looking straight ahead would not
only take me home for the winter, but also, if the good Lord's willing,
eventually, it would lead me back to our fabulous summer retreat.
Now that I'm home and "almost" settled in, it's time I get busy
writing the Gazette again. If you have something you'd like to share, I
can assure you of one thing, I really do care.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
P.S.
If you are receiving the Gazette and would prefer not. Please let me
know.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: