Thursday, April 05, 2007

April 5, 2007 - Thursday - Grafton, ND

Today is the day Terry & Julie Demester celebrate 20 years of wedded
bliss.
We love you guys and Congratulations from your A&U Pat & Gary
---------------------
The current temperature is 17 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 22/14
Normal H/L temp for this date is 46/26
We can rest assured,.. most of the winter is behind us.... I think.
AND, it doesn't look like anyone is interested in my brand new Arctic
Cat 400 ATV. If I can't sell it I may have to learn how to ride.
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
Grafton's growing is showing. Of course that doesn't mean we don't
have lots of room for improvement. Every day I receive numerous notes on
various topics. Some amusing while others take on a more serious tone.
The mention of the Walsh County Records 'why we shop, or, why we don't
shop' in Grafton questionnaire has sparked several interesting comments.
I have taken the liberty of changing a few words in the following for
the purposes of making it "gender neutral". However, with the exception,
I believe the following 77 words not only cuts the question to the bone,
they provide significant direction in resolving the problem.
~~~ The fact is you cant make people shop Grafton. There will be
personality conflicts, people feeling slighted by something somebody
saidor whatever, people are people.
I feel that we cant just expect people to shop local.We need to make
their shopping/purchasing experience as pleasant and carefree as
possible at a fair price. Local businessman must advertise/promote and
let people know
that Grafton merchants can help people with most things right here in
Grafton. ~~~ The previous 77 words could, and, should be copied,
laminated and displayed in a conspicuous place in every local business
establishment.
Put another way, "It is the responsibility of those who's destiny
relies on people. To make certain the people they rely on, share the
same destiny." Or, "It is the people of a community, that dictates the
life of the community."
Or so it seems to me
----------------------------
By the sounds of the next note, Loren Lundberg remembered Chandler
Field, then he took out his check book to reminisce a little. He wrote.
>>>
Gary:
Baseball check is in the mail - would have made it more if they
still played in Chandler field - I would have designated it all as "for
removal of rocks around second base".
Interesting comparison of # of births in 1940 and 1941. Didn't
your older brother David ever sit you down and explain the 1941 "Go For
Quality" campaign??????
From the depths of old memories (which means it's probably
wrong), I seem to recall a Walsh County population in 1950 as 20-21000.
A recent story (USA Today) used the county in a story about population
shifts and recited it currently as 11000+. True?
LL <<< Thanks a million for the check Loren. I'm not sure about the
county population. I can tell you, however, one of it's residents is
heavier than he should be. I can also tell you that of the 1,754
patience in 1941. 433 came from Grafton, 1056 from other points in North
Dakota, 27 from other states and 1 from Canada. That same year 652
operations were performed and there were 10 doctors in the area
providing that service. 6 Dr's from Grafton, 2 from Park River, 1 from
Minto and 1 from Edinburg.
------------------------
REMINDER -- REMINDER -- REMINDER
TONIGHT at the FEDERATED CHURCH
EVERYONE is invited to attend "The Soliloquies of the Twelve
Disciples" at the Federated Church this Thursday, April 5th, at 7:00
p.m.
I will be the first to admit I am completely partial, since I am
honored to be married to thewonderful guy who plays Jesus in this
production. Completely partial, and yep, glad to admit it. But
because of that, I see what he goes through to put this on, and it is
bone-chilling.
This is a re-enactment of the Last Supper--performed Maundy Thursday
of Holy Week as it actually happened--and I cannot even think about it
without getting shivers. It is so real. This is a magnificent
production put on by the heroesof our little towns, and it must be
seen to be believed. For those who have seen it before, there is a
TOP SECRET new ending this year, and I can't seem to get so much as a
hint from any of the guys, so I must not have a security clearance.
Kudos to Rev Lee, Mrs. Rev Terri, and all the people who work so
hard to make Easter feel like Easter by reminding us of its Real
Meaning.
Respectfully submitted,
Tammy (Mrs. Tom) Henriksen
--------------------------
Today is the day Lonnie (Demester) Pederson celebrates the anniversary
of her birth. For those that might wonder Lonnies age. While she was
receiving the first spanking of her life (I doubt she ever had another)
Bobby Vee's hit song "Take Good Care of my Baby" was playing over the
KGPC radio station.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lonnie, your aunt Pat and I love you very much.
---------------------------
I am pleased to welcome Mike Sackett to the Gazette family and we also
welcome Janyce back from the sunny south.
--------------------------
Did I mention that Arctic Cat 400 ATV was bright red and automatic? Did
I mention it would be a really cheap way to get a brand new 4-wheeler,
AND, keep me from breaking my neck?
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
I gotta think, if everyone that ever played ball in Chandler field
bought a baseball ticket. We could darn near by back Chandler Field.
And,.... that would be a good thing..... to buy a ticket I mean.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: