Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 10, 2007 - Tuesday - Grafton, ND

Todays Gazette is being brought to you by the 2007 Grafton Volunteer
Fire Department Calendar Drawing.
------------------------
The current temperature is 24 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 34/12
Normal H/L temp for this date is 49/28
Polluting the air is perfectly okay, I guess, for anyone that can
afford the high costs of carbon credits.
It doesn't look like we'll have to worry about my new Arctic Cat
4-wheel ATV polluting anything. It doesn't look like anyone wants it.
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-------------------------
The West Side Drive Inn opened today, on time, as scheduled. It sounds
like most of the members of my gene pool, either ate there or was
working there Monday.
I had one of the new Wagon Master Jr's and it was just as scrumptious
as I remembered them from last year. The Tater Gems were prepared to
perfection and the milk (I couldn't have a milk shake because I ate to
much for lunch) was very cold and obviously freshly squeezed from
contented cows.
Then, as I was enjoying my first Wagon Master of the year. Pat said,
"look over there at the sign." As I peered where she was pointing, I was
surprised to see, on the bottom line of West Side Drive Inns large sign,
Happy B-Day Gary Moe. WOW, I was impressed. A real bona-fide Hiway
billboard sign with a birthday wish for me. WOW, not only is the food
fantastic at West Side Drive Inn. The people there, are too.
---------------------------
Rumor has it that Patrick & Kande Koehmstedt will be moving just down
the street from us. Welcome Pat and Kande, it will be wonderful having
you in the neighborhood.
----------------------------
Our good friend Dr. Bob Harris sent the following. >>> Good morning
Gary,
Great Easter message! Those of us that feel as we do about God's
grace need to be more proactive so not to let the agnostics wear us down
and take the undecided with them.
We are enjoying our Florida "winter" but miss the old friends and
families. We will renew sometime this summer.
Keep us informed in your inimitable fashion.
Dr Bob <<< Thanks a million Bob. I'm not real sure what inimitable
means, but as long as I don't have to take penicillin for it, I'm happy.
(I'm allergic to penicillin)
++++
Our friend Kermit sent this note from the land of Gettysburg. >>>
Holy Hanna........14 degrees! And here, we are "suffering" with it in
the 30s! How weak we are!
But the daffs and forsythias are blooming and Spring in the East
offers incredible beauty in all the blossoming trees and bushes. The
local Mussleman's fruit orchards are a bit weary of the freezing temps
concerning the buds that are out and ready to burst.
Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate Easter. There has got
to be some Walleyes in the freezer, ja? Golly, no lutefisk or lefse left
over from Christmas, here! Now, that's REAL fasting!!
Hjaertligste hilsen (hearty greetings), daffy duck and the chick
How I love your Shivercity sharing. Don't try to say that too fast!!
Soon to be Skeeterville Scuttlebutt!!
ha det.....k <<< Thanks a million Kermit. I hope you remember I am only
half Norwegian. So I can only understand the ja Lutefisk and Lefse part.
I'm wondering if the ha det......k has something to do with the way I
bait a hook? If I remember right, dad would always answer "Buttered Bra"
(or something) when someone would ask him how he was doing.
------------------------
Speaking of baiting a hook. I wonder if Jack Arnesen is aware the early
morning Imus program on MSNBC has change the name of the show from "Imus
in the Morning" to "Imus in Mourning"? It seems old Imus got caught
telling "off colored" jokes, if you know what I mean.
-------------------------
This next one kind of gets "two birds with one stone". Lee wrote, >>>
I'm beat but finished reading the Gazette. While I've never played on
Chandler field I have a couple kids that have, and still do so I'll send
you a check for a ticket. If you don't get it in a few days, or at least
a note that says it's on the way remind me. <<< Thanks a million for the
note Lee, And, as per your note,... don't forget.
-------------------------
Thanks too, to Lorraine and George Campbell and Frank McCann and Lynn
Ebert for helping the Legionaires keep our youth off the streets and on
the baseball field.
-------------------------
Thanks also to Dorothy Wentz for helping our local Firefighters be all
they can be.
The 2007 Grafton Volunteer Fire Department Calendar Drawing is for 368
draws with total cash prizes amounting to $11,520. Tickets are just $20
each with a special Shivercity Gazette offer of 5 tickets for only $100.
AND, if you send in right away, you can get an entire "book" of tickets
(10 per book) for $200.
Please forgive me if I seem a bit aggressive. In the past few years I
have come to learn it simply isn't in the nature of a person that lives
and dies with a "volunteer mentality" such as that of Firefighters,
Ambulance & Rescue squads, Legionaires and local law enforcement
officers, to ask for help and assistance. They are to preoccupied with
giving rather than receiving. HENCE, I am asking for them. Please
consider helping them help us all.
-------------------------
I must extend my most humble and sincere appreciation to everyone that
sent me birthday cards, notes and phone calls. That I might be
remembered, by so many, on the anniversary of my birth is most humbling
indeed.
The messages I've received are all very special to me and I am most
thankful. I would like to share one that Pat and I found very touching.
>>> Hi Gary and Pat: What a lovely family you have raised, thanks for
sharing the notes from your children. I feel that the most important
thing we do in our lives is help mold our children into persons who care
about others and you two have done a terrific job! Jan Burns <<< Thanks
a million Jan.
I have always believed the world would be better place, if we could
replace "I can" with "we can". As I truely believe, together,.... "we"
can make the world a better place. Or so it seems to me.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: