Thursday, November 30, 2006

November 30, 2006 - Thursday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Taco The Town.
Originally the towns tastiest taco.
----------------------
The current temperature is -5 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 7/0
Normal H/L temp for this date is 26/10
With a few exceptions,.. we can expect winter "like" weather, for the
rest of the winter.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
+++++ THE DONKEY'S BACK +++++
I am pleased to report the donkey that "strayed" away from the Grafton
Federated Church Manger scene in Leistikow Park, has returned. In plenty
of time, I might add, to attend the 12 different kinds of
Chili-Rama-Cook-off and Chicken Noodle soup dinner feed at the Federated
Church this Saturday, Dec 2 from 11 to 4. AND a delicious Bake Sale.
ONLY $5.00 per person or $15.00 for the whole family. Bring the whole
family, along your "Sweet tooth"...
The Federated Women In Missions will be having the bake/food sale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And,... so there I was, in the Gazette Corporate library thinking. If
the folks that belong to the Grafton Lutheran Church are referred to as
Lutherans, And, the folks that attend the Catholic Church are Catholics.
Are the folks that attend the Federated Church referred to as
Frederadians? Maybe I should quit spending so much time in the
"library". Then again, maybe someone out there can supply us with a
"proper" answer.
-------------------------
I have received several "different" answers to the following questions.
=== Can anyone remember who said? --- "Todd Janikowski has played in
front of me since I started as a peanut."
Who then,.... was Keith Lindenberg speaking of, when he said
he was happy he decided to stay " because he's got a good sense of
humor, and it's fun having him in the locker room."
Does anyone remember the event,.. and the year? === Several folks
got the first one right. It was Paul Thompson (31).
Keith Lindenberg was talking about Danny Gaustad. It was all in the
Sunday 1985 Grand Forks Herald writeup after the Grafton Spoilers won
the State Hockey Tournament.
I find that particular Herald Sports section interesting. As usual,
and probably rightfully so. The Herald "tends" to favor the Grand Forks
Teams. I remember reading that sports section (in 85) and thinking it
"seems" biased, although I did think it might not sound quite so bad in
a few years. I was wrong, I still don't like the way "it reads".
On the bright side, Kevin Fee's the Grafton Spoils Minot article was as
good as one could hope for. After all, Grafton did win the North Dakota
State High School Hockey Championship.
Kevin Fee's column titled, Gaustad's happy he stuck around, article was
OK and for the purposes of documentation and history isn't to bad.
Evidently Danny Gaustad did contemplate quitting because he wasn't
getting much ice time, and, according to the article, was getting a
little tired of hockey anyway.
Unfortunately, the almost one third of a page column by Michele Cook
(page 5 a Feb. 24 1985) Headlined in giant bold print. GF parents allege
Grafton Violation, was a real HOOVER, if you know what I mean. I
believed at that time, as I do today. That kind of article, containing
several unfounded charges and innuendoes had on place in the same
edition of the Grand Forks as the Announcement of the New North Dakota
State High School Hockey Champions.
Or so it seems to me.
-------------------------
===== The Firefighter's Prayer =====
When I'm called to duty God wherever flames may rage,
Give me strength to save a life whatever be its age.
Help me to embrace a little child before it is too late, or save an
older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert to hear the weakest shout, And quickly and
efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me, To guard my
neighbor and protect his property.
And if according to your will I have to lose my life, Bless with your
protecting hand, my child and my wife.
-----------------------
========= REMINDER =========
North Dakota Pottery Collectors Society is coming to Grafton to give
the public a Pottery Road Show, on Sunday, December 3, @ 2PM at the
Heritage Village, Hwy 17 West. They will have a time set for
questions and also appraisals if anyone would want to bring along some
of their pottery pieces to have appraised.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks the read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: