Tuesday, November 28, 2006

November 28, 2006 - Tuesday

==== REALLY - EARLY - EDITION ====
-----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Grafton High School
Athletics.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 30 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 20/10
Normal H/L temp for this date is 27/11
The winter storm originally forecast for today has been postponed and
will be rescheduled for a more inopportune time.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
As I entered Leistikow Park Monday afternoon, I did so, full of
anticipation and enthusiasm. If all had went as planned, Monday should
have been the day when Leistikow Park would be lit up by a myriad of
holiday lights and decorations.
It is a fact that there is a significant number of decorations in
Leistikow Park. As a matter of fact, a drive thru Graftons Leistikow
Park is well worth the trip.
Unfortunately several displays, especially those representing local
municipal authorities, were still lying flat on the ground, others,
though standing remained dark, still others had missing lights. Even the
flag pole is lit, without a flag.
There are some displays in the park that required untold hours of
preparation and set up. Many have been functioning for several days. I
find it somewhat irresponsible that the entity that is promoting the
Spirit of the Season "Display Of Lights" in Leistikow appears to be so
lackadaisical in it's own participation in the project.
And, I must admit, I am thoroughly disheartened that I can't find that
wonderful "giant diamond" anywhere in the park.
-------------------------
Can anyone remember who said? --- "Todd Janikowski has played in front
of me since I started as a peanut."
Who then,.... was Keith Lindenberg speaking of, when he said he was
happy he decided to stay " because he's got a good sense of humor, and
it's fun having him in the locker room."
Does anyone remember the event,.. and the year?
---------------------------
IMPORTANT - UPCOMING - EVENT
The North Dakota Pottery Collectors Society is coming to Grafton to
give the public a Pottery Road Show, on Sunday, December 3, @ 2PM at the
Heritage Village, Hwy 17 West. They will have a time set for
questions and also appraisals if anyone would want to bring along some
of their pottery pieces to have appraised. They will show
pottery from 8 different sources of our states pottery. This sounds
like it could be a very interesting time so everyone is encouraged to
come for the show. There will be refreshments by the Carnegie Regional
Library and The Walsh County Historical Society who are sponsoring this
program.
We hope to see you there.
Marian Hajicek <<<
It sounds to me like this coming Sunday could be an interesting
afternoon.
Everyone can attend the Chili feed at the Federated Church on Saturday
the 2nd. They can eat a pot full of chili then they can take their pots
to Heritage Village on Sunday and find out what they're worth.
Now don't that make for a knee slappin' weekend? It sure does to me.
-----------------------
Every once in awhile I get notes from the newsfromgrafton.com web
site. I am surprised how many folks allow themselves to be pestered, in
one form or another with the babble I call the Gazette.
Please keep in mind, the real value of the Gazette, for me at least, is
the exchange of memories, ideas and thought. Keep in mind also, that it
requires the input of everyone if it is to continue to realize it's full
potential.
"Just knowing someone is out there, and knowing someone cares, is only
half the battle. It's not over til they share." GLM
To that end I would like to share the following note. >>> Gary, My
name is Joyce Staskivige and I live in Wenatchee, WA. I am Harley
Kingsbury's youngest daughter. My husband is Leo Staskivige, son of Alex
Staskivige who lived for years across 5th Street from the "big" Lutheran
Church. Our daughter discovered your blog and told me about it. I am
thoroughly enjoying it. It is a great way to keep up with knowing what
is going on with so many Graftonites. Will continue reading it all the
time. Thanks for all you do to keep us informed! <<< Thank you Joyce,
for caring and sharing. Harley was one of the Gazette's more senior
members. From time to time he would drop me a note, sometimes in
support, sometimes to challenge, but always with appreciation. I
strongly suspect Harley is still reading the Gazette, from an even
better vantage point.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it." GLM
"It is the exchange of knowledge, after one know's it all, that truely
separates the P's from the PHD's" GLM
"The key to success, is not hearing what you want to hear. It's hearing
what you need to hear." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: