Thursday, November 23, 2006

November 23, 2006 - Thursday: Thanksgiving Day 2006

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, the frustrations
of insomnia.
----------------------
The current temperature is 18 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 62/24
Normal H/L temp for this date is 29/13
Temperatures for the past several days have been fantastic,... for
everyone,.. and everything, except sugarbeet storage piles.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
Today most mothers will spend all morning stuffing turkeys, so
they can do the same to their families this afternoon.
-----------------------
I can hardly wait for winter, so I can use the latest poem I
received. Thanks Rick
-----------------------
Rev. Lee's mention of Bus and ambulance rules the other day gave
Cindy reason to share the following. >>>
Gary,
This is in regards to bus driving. I too drive bus in Ohio.
The same rules apply here. If you see our yellow lights, we are
"warning" you that we will be stopping. That does NOT mean give it the
gas. Sometimes a child is running late and will run across the street to
get to my bus without checking traffic. Get the picture?? It is very
scarey for us sometimes. The driver is worried about getting past us and
the child is worried about missing the bus. What is 30 seconds of wait
time compared to a life? When our reds are on, that is a DEFINITE stop.
Or so it seems to me! You would be amazed at how many people run our
lights in a weeks time. How does one miss this big yellow thing in the
road with flashing lights? As the holidays approach, please be extra
cautious, our kids minds are on other things at this time of year.
Thanks for reaching so many people. Cindy <<< Thanks a million for
caring and sharing Cindy.
----------------------
Jack Babinski sent this one. >>> Gary,
Remember Irene's Beauty Shop on Hill Ave? Irene is my
sister. Irene was married to Andy Trudeau and they had 4 boys. After
Andy died Irene married Bill Janousek. What a guy!
I was fortunate to have played with the Grafton Parade Band
when we went to the Rose Bowl and marched in the TOR (Tournament of
Roses) parade. Also went to the Orange Bowl in Miami. Jack Thanks for
the memories Jack. For the life of me I can't remember where Irene's
Beauty Shop was. I do remember Irene though, as I used to "run around"
once in awhile, with a couple of her boys.
Besides that, back then it wasn't fashionable for young boys to
get their hair cut at a beauty shop. AND, by the time it was, my hair
color had already started changing to caucasian. I'll bet someone out
there remembers Irene's shop and where it was located.
-----------------------
Kermit, the man with a Gettysburg address (pardon the pun) sent
the following. >>> Ok, MOE, what did you buy for TG at the fashion show?
Happy Turkey day!
We are invited to the machine shed.......farmer friends of ours have TG
potluck dinner for around 50 relatives and friends. Have done this a
couple of years and it is great........they cover up the tools, benches,
stuff with sheets...put up long church tables and chairs and put on
paper table clothes, etc. and serve up a storm. Always great food and
neat fellowship.
Blessings all around and gobbledigook, Old Tom turkey from East
of
the Mississippi <<< Thanks for caring and sharing Kermit. We too will be
fortunate to spend TG at our oldest daughters farm, together with most
of our family.
PS and I finally figured out what TG is. Thanksgiving,..... right?
------------------------
It's funny how things work sometimes. While I was "rambling" about
our visit to the Fire Hall Monday. I did think about the Larson fire,
all the pictures reminded of photographer Steve Larson, but since we
weren't home at the time of the fire I thought I would leave it's
reference for another time. I guess, this is that time. Steve wrote: ...
Hi Gary,
I felt compelled to add a couple of comments about 'our
firefighters' after reading the Shivercity Gazette 11-22 Edition. I
read, with a lump in my throat, how these fine members of our community
thanked Pat and you for all the support you give them in the Gazette.
You are very deserving. I read on, with an even bigger lump in my
throat, how you, in turn, praised them for their years of commitment and
outstanding efforts. They, also, are very deserving. As many of you
know, we have our own reasons for being so thankful for this group of
dedicated and hard working volunteers. It's been over 4 years since
the fire department was called on to respond to a fire at our home, in
the middle of the night, while we were away on vacation. We've been
told by many, that while it looked very grim, these amazing men fought
even harder and were able to save a good portion of our home and our
precious belongings. Most of what we lost could be replaced....most
of what couldn't have been replaced was saved. It was due to their
heroic efforts that our lives were able to get back to normal after the
rebuilding process. (By the way, we had to fight a long and very
difficult battle to get our insurance company to allow us to hire local
people to rebuild our home....but that's another story that I won't
dwell on during this time of thanks.) So on this Thanksgiving Day, we
will say a special prayer for each of Grafton's Volunteer Firefighters
and their families. They are truly an invaluable asset to our
community.
Happy Thanksgiving and God bless,
Steve and Linda Larson <<< Thanks a million Steve & Linda, for caring
and sharing.
---------------------
Our son sent us the following. >>> In response to today's
gazette, you two Are the Best, I was PROUD to be able to sit by you both
Monday night. We (the firefighters) are very proud of you two. I am
proud to be able to say you are the best parents in the WORLD, and I
LOVE YOU.
Jeff 1st. Assistant Chief Grafton Fire Department. <<< To have
someone you love, whisper it in your ear, is wonderful. To have them
tell their friends they love you, is great. However, when they are
willing to tell the world, that is fantastic.
Then again, "From whence it comes, is where it goes." Or so it
seems to me.
--------------------------
I'm not sure, for which reason I'm sharing the following message.
For the benefit of the church, OR, the special pardon from the Governor.
Anyway, John Aasand wrote.
Gary,
I'm not the greatest at sending e-mails but just a update on the
Chile-Rama at the Federated Church. (Saturday Dec. 2nd) There will be at
least 12 different types of chili from hot too mild and also Scrumptious
Chicken Noodle Soup.
For those weak of heart. A surprising fact is only 30% of the population
go to Church, so... These fund raisers are very important. I hope you
keep reminding your readers of this one and the one's to follow In the
area. It's people like you who do the little things that make big things
happen.
Keep up the good work and I'll try get your relative
relationship to LD pardoned by the Gov. Thanks again for the plugs on
the Chili feed. Happy thanksgiving,
Debbie & John Aasand. <<< Thanks John. I gotta think it'll be easier for
me to plug the Chili-Rama in the Gazette, than it will be for your to
gain me dispensation from the Governor. Besides, that is the main reason
we are sharing this information. (for the church I mean)
----------------------
From the subscription department. >>> Hi! Gary, I enjoy
reading the skeeterville/shivercity gazette, but it only comes thru for
me about once a week with the blog spot. I was wondering if I
could be added to the email list?
Thanks, Lea Ann <<< Thanks a million Lea Ann, We are pleased to
welcome you to the Gazette family tree. Gary
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or
so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: