Wednesday, November 29, 2006

November 29, 2006 - Wednesday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by ~ VESSEL OF PRAISE
~
----------------------
The current temperature is 2 degrees
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 33/13
Normal H/L temp for this date is 26/10
By the time the snowcat dust quit falling yesterday it was a bit over
three inches up the back of Sami's P-Squirrel.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff, mostly stuff.
-----------------------
SPECIAL ~ EVENT ~ TONIGHT
Park River Our Saviour's Lutheran Church Vessel of Praise Advent
Services?
The Vessels of Praise group will perform
tonight Wednesday, November 29, 7:00 - Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in
Park River.
====== Then again ======
Sunday, December 3, 7:00 - Grafton Lutheran Church in Grafton.
====== Then again ======
Wednesday, December 6, 7:00 - St. Edward's Parish in Drayton.
This will be the 4th Annual Advent Service for Vessel of Praise (a
group of Walsh County musicians from various church denominations).
If you haven't had the opportunity to hear this fabulous group in
concert. You have missed one of our areas greatest musical creations.
You would be best advised to go early for the best possible seats.
-----------------------
I have received several questions, over the past few days, regarding
the status of or niece Jillian Demester. This morning I received an
update from her mother Val. She wrote: >>>
Good morning Gary and Patty,
I believe I've become an addict! To the Gazette that is. I look
forward to it everyday.
I wanted to send you (and everyone) a quick update on Jillian. We
recently had a follow-up visit in St. Paul at Gillette with Jillian's
rehab doctor and therapist. Everything is going great and continuing
to improve everyday.
I often have to catch my breath when I stop to think about the whole
situation and that it was only 4 months ago, I was putting everything I
have into God's hands. Physically, Jillian is continuing to gain
muscle control and strength which is very important to supporting your
bones. She is done with outpatient physical therapy but we continue
our own at home and she enjoys going to the gym with her friends.
That has helped tremendously! They can push her a bit harder than I
can. Our goal is to be at 90% mobility by her next appt. in
February. I know she will do it. The healing process for her head
injury is also improving. She has a few areas that need a little more
work but then, don't we all?? (jk) Our goals are to work on math
skills and thought transitions. More or less that deals with putting
things in order. I'm not sure if the recovery from the head injury is
more work for her or me! It is definitely a stressful and difficult
thing to deal with but there is no better reward than watching her
succeed and hearing "Oh, I get it now!" It's worth every bit if
frustration.
Following her checkup, we were able to visit the unit the
Jillian called home. It is always great to seeing the nurses and I
know they get just as excited to see us. I think this visit had a
different impact on Jillian. We visited with a patients family
who's son was in HCMC at the same time as Jillian and at the same
rehab. We always called Jillian his little shadow. And for those
of you who had the opportunity to meet him, we called him "Little
Jake". He was an absolutely amazing young man who never stopped and
was the most grateful and respectful person ever. It was fun to talk to
him everyday and was a great inspiration to Jillian. Unfortunately, he
had a major set back and was back in the hospital. This time it is a
much darker and slower recovery. It broke my heart and I know it hit
home for Jillian to not only appreciate how lucky she is but it opened
her eyes to how quickly everything can change and so unexpectedly.
Sometimes even the worst times in our lives are major stepping stones
and most often the unforgettable moments. Please keep them in your
prayers, and all the children and families there.
Jillian will go back to Mpls. in Dec. for an orthopedic checkup and back
to St. Paul in Feb. for a full rehab followup. If things continue to
improve as they are, I expect nothing but rave results. Thank
you for everything and most of all I thank God everyday for all the
special people that have touched our lives.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours! Valerie <<< Thank you Val,
for caring and sharing. I believe we will all be better people for
having known Jillian and for having shared in some small way, part of
her trails and tribulations.
-------------------------
I must admit, I read the next note from Rev. Lee several times. The
first time, of course, I read it with the seriousness for which it was
intended. The second time, I wondered. How could anyone stoop so low, or
why, and for what reason? Then I thought of the long standing tradition
Rev. Lee spoke of and wondered if the individual or individuals involved
would even care.
Then, when common sense kicked in, I decided to send it out, as I
received it.
Rev. Lee wrote: >>> Gary,
It's happened. Our Nativity display in the park is missing a
donkey. I'm sure the person or persons who took it needed it for some
reason. I'll pray that it serves them as well as it's served the
Federated Church for some 30 years. I just ask that they take
care our donkey because it is a vital part of our history. May
some sense of Christmas strike the hearts of those who take away from
others.
Rev. Lee <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Rev. Lee. The more
I read your message the more disheartened I become.
I am glad, however, I decided not to start out this segment. ~~~
Members of the Grafton Federated Church, lost their "donkey" in the
park. That not only wouldn't have been in good taste..... It wouldn't
have gotten the donkey back either.
If someone should see a donkey out there wandering around. Please let
Rev. Lee know and he'll get it back to the manger, where it belongs.
-----------------------
Speaking of the park, it's decorations and where they are. I guess I
can quit looking for the giant diamond, from Golden Harvest Jewelers,
for this year anyway. Jeff wrote: >>> Hi Gary!
It's nice to know you care so much about my diamond display
that I had in the park in the past. I'd like to share this update with
you as to why it isn't there now.
I went to pull it out of storage about a week ago and learned
it will take a major lighting overhaul to be in working order again. I
don't have the time to do this overhaul work for this season anymore but
trust me you'll see the diamond in the park again in years to come!
Thanks for your interest and concern!! Jeff Narloch <<< Thanks a million
Jeff. Rest assured I will be looking for it next year.
------------------------
Several folks have already started requesting the 2007 Grafton Area
Firefighters calendar draw tickets. Thank you Harvey Tallackson, Mert &
Jerry Pribula, and Mrs. Lucy (Corky) Lessard, for helping our area
firefighters, help us.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.
P.S.
We have added several new subscribers, and also made several address
corrections over the past few days. I would really appreciate knowing if
that process was successful.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: