Friday, November 03, 2006

November 3, 2006 - Friday

===== EARLY EDITION =====
---------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Sobolik Hardware,
Minto ND.
---------------------
The current temperature is 22 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 28/17
Normal H/L temp for this date is 44/25
Tonights television schedule begins with Buck Skin Harry followed by
Range Rider then Rin Tin Tin and Elgin hour. Ooops, I guess that's a
1955 TV schedule.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
The biggest news of this week is the 2006 Unity Medical Center
Foundation Harvest Auction. November 4, 2006 at MarketPlace on 8th in
Grafton.
----------------------
The biggest news next week is that it's election Tuesday. That's the
day everyone that can, should vote. That is also the day we might
literally hold the future of Unity Medical Center and "our" community"
in the same hand we blacken out the little ovals with. I am going to
vote YES. That means I am in favor of ordinance #230.
The additional cost of #230 to me, and I expect most folks, could well
be a fraction of the cost of an ambulance ride to a big city to the
south. If, the additional income helps increase our population, and I
believe it very well could, that too would generate significant savings
to me.
To vote no on such an important issue is almost like wishing for our
communities demise. Or so it seems to me.
----------------------
Speaking of voting, elections and demise. I must make a serious
correction to Thursdays Gazette. A note I included in yesterdays Gazette
gave me, and, I suspect others, that read it the false impression that
Carol Brekke Lessard would be willing to accept a write-in vote for the
position of Walsh County States Attorney.
For the benefit of those that may not have received or seen that
Gazette. The following note allowed me to believe there was value to the
"rumor". >>>
Subject: states attorney position
Dear Gary,
I thought you might like to know, that Carol Brekke Lessard is,
according to what I've heard, agreeable to a write-in candidacy for
the states attorney position. I have not spoken directly with Carol, but
have it on good authority she is willing.
Luther Meberg <<< Unfortunately I now have it on even better
authority, nothing could be further from the trueth. Carol called me
yesterday afternoon and assured me that in absolutely no way shape or
form did she agree or even entertain the idea of running against Barbara
Whelan. As a matter of fact, Carol indicated to me that she honestly
believes Barbara Whelan is, in fact, a perfect choice for "our" new
Walsh County States Attorney.
I assured Carol I would correct yesterdays error and I also told her in
no-uncertain terms that Barbara Whelan was my choice for Walsh County
States Attorney as well. I am thankful Carol brought the blunder to my
attention.
I have always maintained that the Gazette is nothing more than an
exchange of ideas, musings and opinions, designed to generate thought
between consenting Gazette participants.
Although, for the most part, I strive to add jest to sometimes serious
topics. Never would I intentionally do harm to anyone. Unfortunately, I
read more into the note than I should have. Probably, to a certain
extent, because I wanted to believe it myself. Obviously, I wasn't the
only one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A slip of the tongue, is no fault of the mind" Thanks Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of jest, our son Jeff sent the following response to the
message Marcia sent yesterday. >>> He wrote: That's not nice what
Marcia said about me, although my wife would argue that I still do the
same thing if I don't get my way. Jeff Don't forget what I have always
said Jeff. "It takes a real man to admit he can cry."
-------------------------
I'm pleased to share Verna's latest note. She wrote: >>>
Subject: Privileged to get your daily info
Hi Gary;
HI JANYCE!!!!!!
I have had the great opportunity to get your daily messages and find
it very interesting to hear about Grafton. What a great place.
My interest got an extra nudge today when I read about Janyce and
her husband Lyle. Lyle and I worked at Norwest at the same time.
Lyle and Janyce were my very fine neighbors for several months on
Prospect Ave. I moved to Minot, ND in 1966. In 1988 I moved to
Mesa, AZ. Janyce started to come to Mesa in the winter and we usually
get together every winter and of course I am looking forward to her
return again soon. Thanks again Gary for your fine interesting
reports.
Verna Hegranes Peterson <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Verna. I often have coffee at Granny's with Ray Charlton, another former
Grafton National/Norwest Bank staff member. Once in a while he even
"offers" to buy,.... when he looses. It sounds like he'll be heading
south shortly after turkey day.
----------------------
Ever wonder how long a person can wait before saying your sorry looses
it's value?
----------------------
"An increase in wealth doesn't increase honesty."
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: