Thursday, April 08, 2004

April 8, 2004

04/08/04 THURSDAY grp 3
early edition: I'll be busy tomorrow
Rainfall amounts Wednesday, depends on the rain gauge. Mine registered
40 inches. Some were more some less.
Thursday will be spent getting ready for Friday. REMINDER, If your
Easter eggs aren't brightly colored, and bigger than you nose. Don't eat
them.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
A few days ago I mentioned that Grafton still has two very good
clothing stores on main street. About the same time, I mentioned the
Landowski Furniture Store slogan. "First or last, a chance to bid is all
we ask." I can almost see Ross Landowski standing out on the street.
One foot on the bumper of his truck, holding on the end gait while
leaning back to get a better look at the passing traffic.
I received the following note from Maggie Gerszewski that should please
the entire Grafton business community. Maggie wrote: Hi Gary,
Just wanted to comment on the Landowski Furniture and local
businesses. My parents have been searching high and low for a new
couch. They have priced in Fargo and Grand Forks at just about every
furniture store their is. Their last stop was Landowski's, as they
"thought" that it would be way to expensive. Well, needless to say, they
stopped, found exactly what they wanted, and the price was
UNBELIEVABLE!! Way cheaper than GF or Fargo!! They are so pleased
and there will be FREE delivery. Unlike GF or Fargo. So, the moral of
my story. Shopping locally is WELL WORTH IT!! Pass it on...
Thanks a bunch Gary and keep up the Great Work!!
Maggie Gerszewski<<<
Thank you Maggie, for caring and sharing. We need more folks like your
parents in the area.
==================================
There are 6,500 windows in the Empire State building. They're cleaned
twice a month. (How about that bruce?)
==================================
Rumour has it Reverend Wayne Stark will be the "Master of Ceremonies"
so to speak of a get together later this month. The 17th if my
information sources are correct. I'm sure glad a while back when I
mentioned Wayne,... I said he was "almost" retired.
==================================
It's funny how sometimes things seem to pop up at the craziest times.
Today, for instance, while driving west on 6th street I looked at The
Kieley house and wondered. What ever happened to the Pat and Mike. I
wondered how long it's been since they were "home". I thought of Everett
and the impression he had on me as a young boy. For some reason Everett
always struck me as the "picture of a true car salesman".
Then, when I opened my e-mail. There was a note from Allen Mattson.
That, in itself pleased me. When I read his note I was surprised to say
the least. It was almost as if Allen had read my mine as I drove passed
the Kieley home.
Allen wrote: Hi Gary,
Check out this link I have listed below. It is a web page
of Mike O'Brien - formally Mike Kieley son of Donna and Everett Kieley
of Grafton. Maybe you have already seen it however I just came about
it just recently. Surely you must remember Mike when he was a painter
for Nyggards and married to Janette. His brothers name was Pat.

http://www.theradionut.net/aboutme.htm

I seen you hitching a ride on a bike the other day. It
looked like you were having a good time. I got the bike fever
myself. Read your Gazette everyday. Say "Hello" to
Pat. Gotta go. Allen<<<
Thanks for caring and sharing Allen. I did check it out. Interesting
to say the least. Those of you that knew Mike, will find it so as well.
I'm not real sure, but I think Mike might have had a little more hair at
one time too.
P.S.
Mike, I'm sending a copy of this babble to you so you can't say I was
talking behind your back.
==================================
Welcome Stacey, to the Shivercity Gazette family. Dane Molde says you
might be tired of receiving it second hand. Rumour has it you hail from
the Watertown, S.D. area. I "think" there's a painters picture display
somewhere around there too.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: