Wednesday, April 28, 2004

April 28, 2004 - Wednesday

04/28/04 WEDNESDAY grp 4
The current temperature is 45 degrees under a cloudy sky.
The self life of everything made with "real" sugar, is significantly
longer than things made with the pretend stuff.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
LOCAL NEWS:
I received the following note from Bob Meyer (H.E. Everson Co.)
yesterday.
Bob wrote;
Just letting you know that Mr Dave Fellman won the Autobody Technician
of the year at the North Dakota Autobody convention in GF last weekend.
He works for D&E Autobody and has been doing this for over 30 years.
The award indicates that Dave Fellmans' peers think he is the best in
the state.
I think he deserves some congratulations because of what he has done.
Not only at work but for his involvement in the community.
It's good to hear positive information about Grafton and it's
residents.
Have a great summer.
Bob Meyer<<<<
Thanks Bob, for caring to share a part of Dave Fellman's
accomplishments. Daves road through life has had it's share of pot holes
and expansion joints.
CONGRATULATIONS Dave Fellman. Sometimes throughout our life, we're
given diamonds, and sometimes stones. Congratulations Dave, you have
earned your diamonds.
==================================
HUMAN INTEREST: / interesting humans
Rumour has it, a grey haired lady was seen donning a leather helmet the
other day, and crawling into an open cockpit aircraft. WOW, an airplane
ride in a open cockpit aircraft. When I first heard the "rumour", I
wondered, for a second. How many grey haired ladies do I know that would
crawl into an open cockpit aircraft and take off? Then, with the
swiftness of a cramp from too many prunes, it dawned on me. I know a
lady that could whip her weight, (heck, see could whip my weight) in
wild cats. I locked on to the only grey haired lady I know, that has
grabbed hold of life by the neck, and is shaking every ounce of
enjoyment out of it.
My thoughts are with a lady that has "payed her dues". One that's not
only earned the "right" to enjoy life. She qualified to instruct the
rest of the world on how it should be done.
I can see it now. This wonderful little grey haired lady, wearing a
pilots leather helmet, and long white scarf flowing out against the tail
of the plane. I can almost see her smile, and imagine her laughter.
It wouldn't surprise me for a second that she might look down on Mother
earth and offer up a thought, maybe a hand or even a finger signal. She
might be thinking. "I've not always been right, but I've always been
me. It hasn't always been easy, and, it's never been free." Yup, (that's
Norwegian) she's special to me, and to everyone else on her family tree.
When she see's me she smiles and opens her arms and she brightens my day
with her old fashion charm.
I suspect, it's possible, there is someone out there somewhere that
hasn't already figured out who this terrific lady is.
She is Leona (Lansing) (Mrs. Adrian) Sevigny. My aunt, and I love her
dearly.
As I'm writing this, I noticed another "unusual" circumstance. Aunt
Leona and her sister Adeline Colsen are originally from Lankin. The
national weather channel is reporting the temperature at Lankin as 44
degrees this morning. Not Grafton, not Cavalier or Park River. Just
Lankin. And so it goes.
==================================
WELCOME, Keeley and Paul Ray to the Gazette family. Residents of San
Diego, Paul is a Mechanical Engineer (I don't think that has anything to
do with trains) and Keeley runs the marketing department for the City
National Bank in San Diego.
Paul is the son of Karen and Howard Ray right hear in Shivercity. and
Keeley's mom, Beth Engelmann lives in Hoople and her father Joe
Landrigan calls St.Thomas home. We hope you learn to tolerate the
Gazettes craziness, and that from time to time share some of your world
with us.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
P.S.
Does anyone have a "best" spot to fish at Devils Lake?


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: