Thursday, April 01, 2004

April 1, 2004 - Thursday

04/01/04 THURSDAY grp 2
The weather outside is wonderful. The birds are returning, The water
is returning to the river. Sugar is only fifteen calories per teaspoon.
AND, it does not cause sugar diabetes.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
LOCAL NEWS:
I mowed the lawn today for the first time this year. It took a bit
longer than it used to and I still have about half left for tomorrow.
But it sure felt good to get outside and so something. The grass
actually looked pretty good after the mower. The mower ran well
everywhere except where the snow was. I had to slow down going thru the
snow so the mower could scour.
==================================
The AMA has issued a warning. Apparently a seriously infectious
disease called coulda, woulda, shoulda has been identified running
rampant throughout the city.
It's obvious that everyone "coulda" done better if they "woulda" known
then what they shoulda knew, now.
--------------------------
The list of things that "shoulda" been different is never ending. The
first president Bush "shoulda" got So-Damn-Insane in the first place.
The medical field "shoulda" known then, what they "coulda" known now and
my mother "woulda" still been alive today.
==================================
I am patiently waiting for the mail today. I'm hoping the Walsh County
Record has lots of pictures of the weeks activities.
That brings me to another interesting question. Why, does the Thursdays
edition of the Record come out on Wednesday? Why, "shoulda" guy that
stops for gas, on his way thru town, buy the Record Wednesday, and I
-who pays for it by the year- have to wait til the mail brings it
Thursday afternoon? Finally, how does the Record know Thursdays news in
time to print it Wednesday anyway? So many questions.
==================================
From the e-mail room: I received a note from my cousin Dean Sevigny.
Dean sat around Gerald and Lois Sevigny's dinner table while he was
growing up. His note:
Gary
I know it's been a long time since the last time I sat down and
penned you a note, it's not that I don't appreciate your paper it's that
I have just been busier than heck (That's Icelandic for #&%%) however
now that the school year is nearing the end I actually find myself with
some time to respond from time to time to some of my email. My usual
pace to responding sometimes takes as much as 2 weeks. The reason
that I felt the need to respond was that as I was sitting down this
evening in the library I was reviewing the local paper (The Tacoma News
Tribune) and low and behold what do I see? A picture taken by the Grand
Forks Herald of a young girl by the name of Elizabeth Garza treading
cautiously through the flood waters of Grafton North Dakota, Yes Grafton
of all places, so you see the world really is a small one. I will
scan the photo tomorrow when I get to work and send it to you in order
that you may include it in the next edition of your paper for others to
see. By the way I've also been busy utilizing the talents that the
navy installed in me over the years and have come up with a logo
design for your jacket and paper. When it's finished I will submit
it for your review. Thanks again for your time and effort in
publishing this paper it has been very useful to me in bringing to
life the memories of all my relatives that are no longer with us
and seem to become distant memories in our hectic life's, through your
efforts these stories make them seem as though they were just
here with us and they also bring a small town to life. Thanks Gary.
Dean Sevigny<<<
Thank you Dean for caring and sharing. I am please to learn the
Icelanders also visit libraries like the Norwegians. Is yours an
"indoor"? I'll look forward to seeing your version of a new logo. So far
I've only received six ideas. It would be great to have more to pick
from.
==================================
My mention of John Klinicke learning "proper pro's" from Cora Lykken.
Made Loren Lundberg feel the need to qualify the statement. Loren wrote;
Gary:
Your brother David will agree - we tried our very best to LIMIT
Cora's exposure time to John K; we claim partial credit for the extended
length of her wonderful career. LL<<< You may be right with that one
Loren. Thanks for the note.
==================================
From the subscription department:
Hi Gary,
Please put me on your mailing list. I was reared on a farm near Grafton.
I split my time between Los Angeles and Ketchum, Idaho. Read about the
flood and don't want to rub it in but it's been in the 90's the last
three
days on Los Angeles! Absolutely stunning! Thanks, Wanda Petitclerc<<<
Welcome Wanda, and thank you for taking a chance on the Gazette. Our
only guarantee is that you will get at least, what you pay for.
----------------------------
With this request, the Gazette will be going into the mile high city.
Hi Again Gary, Can you put my sister on your list as well? Her name
is Bonnie McCartney and she lives in Denver and she just loves getting
info about Grafton. Thanks Gary!
Jeanne Droske<<<
Thank you Jeanne. We will be pleased to add your sister Bonnie to our
Gazette family. Both Jeanne and Bonnie are from the George and Georgette
(LaBerge) LaHaise gene pool.
-----------------------------
The following note brings the number of states the Gazette reaches to
fifteen. Hi Gary,
My brother, John Daley, is here visiting from Anchorage and I have
been sharing the Shivercity Gazette with him. Would you add him to
your mailing list please?
Thanks Gary - hope all is drying out in Grafton. Pat Holt<<<
Thanks Pat. I hope John finds something worth more than the price of
the subscription. We will look forward to hearing "things" from the
great state of Alaska.
==================================
The following note gives me cause to be humble. The obvious answer is
no, I certainly didn't know.
Hi Gary
Little did you know when you started the Gazette that it would go so
far. It is now a big part of our community.
Do you have any idea how many people get it in the end. I get it and
send it to about 20 people all over the country.
If each person would let you know how many people they send it to, you
would know what you created.
Hang in there Wally<<<<
Thanks Wally, I'm not sure how many receive the Gazette. More than the
Pisek Chronicle, and less the the New York Times.
The last time I guessed, It was around 1,275. That doesn't include
the 7 new subscribers so far this week.
It's not the number of people that get the Gazette that's
important. It's the process,...the number that read it, and the number
that respond to it. That is the true value of the Gazette. The ability
to exchange ideas. Without having to agree or disagree.
A "free zone", in a world full of rules, policies and
practices that doesn't always allow us to say what we would like. It
would really be interesting to know the communities in which the Gazette
family resides. I would put a large map on the wall, with a pin for
each. Maybe that will come in another life. Gary - GGP
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: