Sunday, April 11, 2004

April 11, 2004

04/11/04 SUNDAY grp 7
The temperature around Sami's hydrant is 23 degrees. A cool Canadian
breeze is blowing tissue paper down main street at 7 MPH. Today the sun
will shine on Shivercity, from behind a cloudy sky.
Last years H/L temperature 60/33
Normal H/L for this date is 50/29
-------------------------
Don't eat the Easter eggs that resemble raisins.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
H A P P Y E A S T E R
E V E R Y O N E
Ever wonder why we say "Happy Easter" and "Merry Christmas"?
Thanksgiving is another one that gets a "happy" in front of it. Then
there's the fourth of July. Have you ever heard anyone say, "Merry 4th
of July to you?" Normally the day we explode fireworks gets a "have a
good one". Have you noticed that no-one ever says "Merry Anniversary"?
Merry New Year, for me at least just doesn't cut it. Nor could I get
used to "Merry Mothers Day". After all, one would hope only one person
would "Marry" Mother, on that day. Fathers Day uses the same rational as
Mothers day so we can save time, and space, with that one.
Then of course there's birthday wishes. I received numerous variations
of those this past week. A belated wish "before" the day, and some best
wishes after. A couple suggested to have a great day and they hoped it
would be full of laughter. I was given a meal, a great fishing reel,
and, flowers to brighten my day. My stack of snail mail, was dwarfed by
e-mail, and e-cards kept coming all day.
Some thought I was younger, and, some I was older. Some thanked me for
things that I say. Some wished me "good luck" (at the end of the day)
and for that I'm not sure what to say.
From my first birthday spanking, til the last, I'll be thanking, each
and every one of you. Thanks for making "my day" in the best possible
way. It was HAPPY because you. Gary - GGP
==================================
Welcome Carloyn Edwards to the growing family of the Shivercity
Gazette. Over the course of time. Expect to hear things you may, or may
not, agree with. Because the Gazette is the only, "almost daily", method
of spreading fact and fiction between Grand Forks and Winnipeg. You
should expect to receive no less than you pay for. In fact, that is our
guarantee. You will receive material worth at least the cost of your
subscription. It is also our wish. If you should find your time being
"wasted", please let us know, and Puff,... you will become efficient
again.
==================================
Yesterday I was able to take advantage of circumstances, and the
weather, to bring "the cruiser" home. I was pleased that after several
months of storage it "popped" right off.
On the way to town the smoke alarm started beeping, "you need to change
the battery" tune. The radio (clock) dial was flashing "it's daylight
saving time dummy."
I was pleased to see the gas tanks full of gas at last falls prices.
That 22 dollars, and, the one hour I saved from daylight saving time.
Should get us to Warroad before dinner.
==================================
The picture of Aaron Jelinek, in todays Grand Forks Herald, page 5B.
Looks like it was taken the day he moved to the Grand Cities. Back when
the Grand Cities Mall was "The Only Mall in Grand Forks. I wonder if
he's drinking from the proverbial fountain of youth. No matter, Aarons
is still a super person.
==================================
Thanks Kevin Fee, for being so kind in your Park River, Grafton boys
hockey article. (Sunday page 5C) I found interest in Knoll's comment.
"It was really ironic, because Grafton-Park River received the spirit
award," he said.
I would add, "not ironic Mr. Knoll but rather, in "spite of it."
To the "officials" of both schools I would ask. What was the status of
the coaches of the past several "successful hockey seasons?"
When all is said and done. (and it should soon be all said and done) Is
the G-PR hockey program problem truly coaching? Or is it primarily
parent driven? The answer to that one simple question, would allow both
communities to move on. Or so it would seem to me. Gary
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: