Monday, April 12, 2004

April 12, 2004

04/12/04 MONDAY grp 1
It's cloudy, calm and 28 degrees in Shivercity.
Last years H/L temperature 63/30
Normal H/L for this date is 51/29
Bob Levos will become one year older than me next Saturday the 17th of
April.
Roger Raumin, will end his 60 years of independence on the same day.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible"
==================================
Folks in Canada have proclaimed this day Easter Monday. I'm not sure
why, or if anything special goes on today. I expect some will use today
to "tidy up" after the Easter Sunday celebrations.
Today, it's OK to rip the ears off those chocolate bunnies and harvest
the "eggs" from the Easter baskets.
-------------------------
For several years, Pat and I have enjoyed our Easter Sunday dinner at
Marketplace on eighth. Sunday we were greeted at the door by Susan
(Hagen) Corneillie. As we entered Susie smiled, and said. Hi, happy
Easter thank you for coming. It was the kind of warm welcome we really
appreciate.
This year, Ma (Demester) didn't feel quite up to going with us, as she
has for the past several years. The left side of her jaw is still
bothering her. So, she "asked" if it would be OK if she could stay home
"this time". At 94 she s still the boss.
Suzy made arrangements for us to fix Ma a dinner that we could bring
home to her. Speaking of dinner. The Marketplace presentation was
fabulous. More different kinds of salads than you could shake a stick
at. Fresh buns, real cranberries all before the main course. Mashed
potatoes and gravy, turkey with a fantastic stuffing along with juicy
slices of ham and delicious fresh tasting corn to fill in between the
turkey and meatballs. Topped off with numerous types of deserts.
Did I mention being greeted at the tables by the staff at Marketplace
was also a significant part of our dinning experience. Ladies like
JoAnn, Cindy, and Tracy, among others helped make this Easter dinner a
memorable one.
Being joined by Kelly and David, Tiffany and Nick was a pleasant
surprise. Plus, we were able to share Easter dinner with Jon and Doug
Burke. It's been several years since I've seen Doug. He hasn't changed
much over the years. Like me, he may have lost another pail full of
follicles, but that's not a bad thing. According to Tiffany, she thinks,
as do some of her friends, Doug looks a lot like Garth Brooks. Maybe so.
I've never seen Garth Brooks without a hat. I've never seen Doug with
one either, now that I think about it.
Anyway, this years Easter dinner at Market Place on eighth was a most
enjoyable experience. Thanks to you Susan, and your staff. We are
already looking forward to Mothers day and another fabulous dinner at
Marketplace. Gary and Patty
==================================
The other day I mentioned having so many Robbins in our back yard it
looked like a pumpkin patch.
Yesterday, while Pat and I were driving around the neighborhood. I
noticed something in the front yard of the Pat and Greg Dusek residence.
Upon closer inspection, I realized it was rabbits. Yup (that's Norwegian
for holy smokers) the entire front yard was invaded with rabbits. Could
it be one of the Popes new campaigns against birth control? I wondered.
How, could so many rabbits end up on one front lawn, I wondered. Then,
as we drove by I realized. They were just pretend bunnies. The kind that
lay Easter eggs. Not the kind that eat lettuce in the garden and leave
raisin pellets all over the yard.
And so it is.
==================================
Just this morning, while visiting the Shivercity Library. I got to
wondering. Just who, I'm thinking, has the most interest in what
position the toilet lid should be left?
Up, works fine for me. (most of the time)
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: