Tuesday, December 02, 2008

December 2, 2008 - Tuesday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by "The MAGIC of
MUSIC"
--------------------------
The current temperature is 23 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 22/6
Normal H/L temp for this date is 25/9
It was 53 degrees on this date in 1982
5,000 years ago the Sahara Desert was a tropical forest. I guess Henry
Ford must have had relatives there to.
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
---------------------------
Before I get carried away,... again, I must do a bit of house cleaning.
Better known as correcting an error in yesterdays Gazette. I knew
better, unfortunately I just didn't do better. I'm sure it is a fact
that Kathy Larson actually does bake a truly scrumptious apple pie.
However, the piece of apple pie I ate at Jeff and Yvette's on
Thanksgiving day came out of the oven of Cathy Stark. I hope you ladies
can forgive my ineptness. I'd be more than willing to eat another whole
pie and beg forgiveness.
-------------------------------
It no secret that I drink coffee,.... lots of coffee. Somebody has to
keep Juan and his donkey "coffee bean" busy. However,.. Getting an
invitation to consume even more coffee is just short of being outside
the norm even for me. I would like to share Tabatha's not with everyone
just in case you see me with a pretty young lady, talking and waving my
arms like a Frenchman, over a cup of coffee.
Besides that. I'm guessing this could be the first time Tabatha has
been able to share with several thousand folks in more than 30 states
and two foreign countries how wonderful she really thinks the Neil
Widner family is.
Tabatha wrote: >>>>
Greetings Mr. Moe,
This is Tabatha Widner writing. I've been an avid reader of your
gazette for a little over a month now since I've started at the Grafton
Area Chamber of Commerce. A big "Thank you" to you for the warm
welcome to Grafton. It seems you also know my father-in-law, Neil
Widner. I have to admit, I am truly blessed to have married in to
such a wonderful family. The longer I've been in Grafton, the more
connections I've made through my father-in-law, he is truly a great
man. I actually just saw you this morning driving thru the Park while
we were setting up the Coke trailer!
I would really like to meet you in person, maybe over a cup of coffee
some time. I've heard you have great ideas and thoughts and would
love to hear them. Again, thank you for the welcome and I look
forward to reading more issues of the "SHIVERCITY GAZETTE!"
Warmest Regards,
Tabatha Widner
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Tabatha, I will look forward to
our "coffee chat". I will also be looking forward to introducing you to
"our" Ohio Fox Hunting Friends when they arrive in Grafton.
---------------------------
For the most part, the next note is self explanatory. EXCEPT to say. If
you haven't attended a presentation of the Vessel of Praise. You have,
without question, One Magical Musical Memory remaining to acquire in
your lifetime.
AND, this Friday evening at 7:30 you will have the opportunity to do
just that.
Barbara Whelan wrote: >>>>
Subject: Vessel of Praise
Hi Gary:
Still getting the SHIVERCITY and trying to keep up with the news as
best I can!
I was wondering: Would you mind putting a little plug in one of
your upcoming issues about the 6th Annual Vessel of Praise Advent
Service which is set for this Friday, December 5th, 7:30 p.m. at
Grafton Lutheran? This is a little different for us, as in past years
we have had our service on a Sunday night . . . but schedules are
getting so tight it is hard to find a time when our group of 13 are
all available! So, we have scheduled it for a Friday night this year,
and we'll see how the turnout is. As usual, Grafton Lutheran will
have their sanctuary decorated for the Christmas season (Note: I
didn't use or call it the politically correct "Holiday season"), and
they have graciously offered to serve sweets and coffee in the basement
after the service. Those of us in Vessel of Praise consider the
Advent Service the highlight of our year, and we've got a line-up of new
songs, including contemporary and traditional numbers. We would
love to share our music, and the message of hope brought by the birth of
the Christ child with everybody in our local and surrounding
communities, and hope to see everybody on Friday night.
If you have inclination, we'd really appreciate a plug from you to
your readers!
Thanks.
Barb Whelan <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Barb. Of course I have the
inclination, as a matter of fact, I really really want to.
For years I have heard, "There's never anything to do in this town".
Heck, a hundred years ago, or so, I probably said the same thing myself.
Vessels of Praise truly is BIG CITY entertainment, put on by people
that are every bit as professional as the folks on Broadway. Their music
and Their message will creep into your heart and warm your soul. You
will leave the Vessels of Praise performance Friday night, trying to
find words appropriate to describe the magnificent performance.
~~ Everyone is welcome to attend ~~
======================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
======================
"Everyone will sing in the shower. It takes courage to sing on the
stage."
Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: