Monday, October 16, 2006

October 16, 2006 - Monday

11:30 am

Todays Gazette is brought to you, in part, by small town business. Use
it, or lose it.
----------------------
The current temperature is 50 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 58/21
Normal H/L temp for this date is 56/33
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
Rumor has it someone will be reopening the former Tollack's Furniture
store building again soon. I'm not sure what the plans are, but taking
the buildings past into account. I could believe maybe selling "old"
furniture, crafts, jewelry or similar items, are in it's future.
-----------------------
Small town business. Use it, or lose it.
-----------------------
I received the following note a few days tho' I believe the content is
valid today. >>> Gary -
I just wanted to take a moment to speak about Red's here in Grafton. I
attended a wedding rehearsal dinner a month or so ago where Red's did
the catering. What a wonderful dinner and what a wonderful staff she has
working for her. If you have not given Red's a chance, please do. There
is a noon buffet that is cheap and a menu that supplies even the
pickiest eater. It has come a long way from the first day the doors
opened. Give it a chance, or another!
Nanci
****A Newer Resident Of Grafton****
PS - I so enjoy Skeeterville Gazette. Thank you for adding me to your
"send" list :)
"Sometimes you have to leap and construct your wings on the way down"
Thanks a million for caring and sharing. I certainly agree, Red's does
give us all, another reason to stay in town.
----------------------
I'm pleased to share the following: >>>
Gary, my name is Danny Molde # 9 of 15 children that Mildred Molde
delivered and raised in the Grafton community. I just wanted to thank
you for listing my mom in your Gazette. I live in Denver but the last
week I have lived at the AmericInn in Grafton and I just wanted to thank
everyone that sent food (lots) cards, donations and flowers. The altar
Society did a fantastic job of serving lunch following the funeral. At
times like this it is great to have come from a large family and a small
community.
Thanks for every-ones prayers and thoughts thru our family's loss.
Danny Molde #9 "Oscar"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jillian Louise went into Altru hospital last week for the first of
several hospital stays in her future. She went through this surgery fine
and will be out again on a week or so.
Krystal, our granddaughter wanted to share her "recollections" of the
events of June 28. She wrote: >>> Hi Grandpa, just wanted to have an
input in your gazette... Driving around seemed as it did any other
day. Whom ever had the car basically drove. This time it was Charlenes
turn. She just got a nice car passed down from her brother and basically
us three girls thought we'd look "good" in it (the boy chaser).
Wednesday, June 28th, felt like just any other day, worked, slept, and
worked some more. While sitting at Marketplace, talking to Tawnya,
because she was working that night. I received a phone call from Jill
and Charlene wondering if I would like to go cruising around with them,
well of course I did, I couldn't pass that up. As a ran to the kitchen
to tell Tawnya and my other fellow coworkers goodbye and I'd see them
the following day (Thursday), I received another phone call from the
same girls saying that they were there to pick me up. I ran outside, I
couldn't wait, it was going to be a blast. It always is when we three
are together. Jill opens the passenger door and scoots forward so I can
get into the back and I said, "you get your scrawny butt back there, I
always sit back there," acting like a couple little kids. Jill gets out
of the car and hops into the back seat and I get into the front. We take
a few mains and decided, you know what, lets go on the "bumpy road" we
called it, the road that was so much fun because it was so wavy. Keep in
mind we were driving a little sports car. As we are driving, laughing so
hard because we were hitting our heads on the roof and just bouncing
everywhere we had to stop to go potty on the side of the road. We got
back into the car and I thought to myself well maybe, just in case, we'd
better put our seatbelts on. I buckled mine and told the girls to buckle
theirs also, unfortunately they didn't. Just a few minutes later we hit
an approach and slid on loose gravel towards the left, then the right,
well by the time we slid towards the right I screamed at the top of my
lungs "WE'RE GOING TO ROLL." The most scary moment of my life. The car
rolled twice, Jill who was sitting in the back seat was thrown from the
vehicle and suffered the following injuries: A laceration to her right
ankle, left ankle, and her upper thigh, her pelvic bone was also broke
in three different places, and fluid in the brain with loss of short
term memory. Charlene and I, on the other hand, Charlene broke her
clavical and had some scrapes and bruises and was also a little shook
up. As for me, I had a laceration to my head and had alot of back pain
and also was really shook up. As I called 911 from Charlene's cellphone
(the first one we found), we looked for Jill's and mine. I sat next to
Jill who was unconscious saying her name over and over, as she slowly
came out of it her arms were everywhere so I tried holding them down so
she couldn't hurt herself. Finally the ambulance's arrived, Jill went
first, I was second, and Charlene was third. Jill was immediately
brought to CT scans, then to the ICU. As I was laying in my bed, and the
nurses cutting my clothes off, I couldn't help but hope that Jill was
okay. Nearly three months later, it really amazes me that Jill is
walking, talking, and still has her personality. Still, to this day I
pray and thank God that he let us all survive. <<< Thanks a million for
caring and sharing Krissy. It's been said that the first step to
recovery is being able to talk about it. Lets us hope the story you
girls have to tell helps other avoid the same fate.
++++++++
"You see, Jillian wasn't in an "accident"........she was given an
"opportunity". Jillian doesn't have "scars" --- she has "reminders"
and she likes to call them "victory tattoos". Jillian
isn't "challenged" or "slow" --- she is a "new person" and open to
learning whatever she can. You see, Jillian doesn't remember the
person we all "used" to think we knew. Jillian is an amazing new
person and definitely has new perspectives. Yes, she has changed and
things are not the same." (Val)
Please remember Jillian Louise in your prayers and please remember the
benefit for her Sunday - October 29th
I am hoping many won't just gives til hit hurts. I'm hoping they'll
give til it cures.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.
" The difference between an educated person with a foul mouth, and a
dummy. Is the cost of the education." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: