Wednesday, October 11, 2006

October 11, 2006 - Wednesday

10/11/06 WEDNESDAY 2:10 am
----------------------
Todays Gazette is brought to you, in part, by pretty little Jillian
Louise Demester.
----------------------
The current temperature is 29 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 56/27
Normal H/L temp for this date is 59/35
Light drizzle and rain started in the area Tuesday afternoon. While
moisture isn't really a welcome event right in the middle of sugarbeet
harvest. It may well help some accept the fact that 10 percent of the
crop may have to be left in the ground anyway. Then of course, I expect
there will be some, that will never accept that fact.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
The folks at Graftons Choice Financial will be working under their
recently renovated cupola. It also looks like the Choice folks are in
the process of repairing the roof over their roots.
-----------------------
Speaking of choice. If anyone is looking for a choice business location
in Grafton. I'm guessing if you talk to Harry Iverson or Wally Johnson,
they would be happy to fix you up with one,... or two.
------------------------
Has anyone else noticed how busy the parking lot behind Grafton's True
Value Hardware is? One would think there's a Reylecks Clothing Store
Sale going on.
-------------------------
As I promised yesterday, Leah would like to share the following
tribute. She wrote; >>> Hi Gary..
Thank you for the great job you do writing the gazette. It has
been two years since I started receiving it, and I am thankful that you
are so willing to share your thoughts and stories. You became my
inspiration to share this note in memory of my dad, Leslie (Bob)
Hart. On Wed., October 11th, it will already be two years since dad
passed away....although, it still only seems
like yesterday. He left me with a lot of great memories and I
would like to share a couple of them with you and your readers. As
you know, dad owned and operated Hart Machine and Mfg. He loved the
work he did....I saw dad as always willing to help a farmer in any way
possible, either by repair work or trying to figure out what he could
build to make their job a little easier. Sugarbeet harvest especially
reminds me of his. Dad always like to go out to the beet piling
sights and watch "his boxes" being unloaded. I am thankful now that
as a teenager, I took the time to go and sit out at the piler with
him. As we sat in his pickup, he would time how long it would take
"his boxes" to unload and watch to see that they were unloading
correctly. I will always remember seeing the pride on his face
and how proud he was of the "Hart truck boxes". We (our family) is
very proud of our husband/dad/grandpa and the great accomplishments he
gave to the agricultural industry.

Another thing that dad like to "accomplish" every morning was to get
to Granny's Restaurant to be able to have coffee with the "guys" and see
who was the lucky one getting stuck to pay! I know this was a
highlight of starting his day! I will never forget one morning
(within the year before he passed away), as I sat at my desk at the Farm
Bureau/Nodak Mutual Ins office (it would face Granny's), I looked out at
the parking lot and saw dad's suburban there, still running and the
driver's side door was left wide open...and it stayed that way until he
left coffee that morning to leave for the shop. That morning, he had
to have been in such a hurry to get in for coffee that he forgot to shut
his door!! So, we know he really enjoyed his morning coffee with his
buddies! Even now, two years later, if I happen to be driving by
Granny's in the morning, my eyes automatically look towards the parking
lot in hopes to see his vehicle.

In closing, a few days ago I came across this poem which I would like
to share in memory of our husband/dad/grandpa: THE BROKEN
CHAIN: We little knew that morning, that God was going to call your
name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It
broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone, for part of us went
with you, the day God called you home. You left us peaceful memories,
your love is still our guide; and although we can not see you, you are
always at our side. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the
same, but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again....We
love and miss you dad....

Gary, please feel free to "publish" whatever of this article you feel
would be appropriate in your newsletter. Again, THANK YOU for giving
me the courage to write this (wet eyes and all)!!

Leah (Hart) Kingsbury <<< Thank you so much for caring and sharing Leah.
You can also rest assured Leah, a great many of us miss him too.
"If Bob could make it happen, then that's what he would do. On the
other hand if he thought it couldn't, he would never lie to you." GLM
-----------------------
Speaking of "wet eyes". Our daughter Wendy wants to share the
following.
>>> WOW, as I try to read todays gazette through my tears I can only
say.....THANK YOU TO GOD for making us take a moment to realize how
quickly those girls could have been taken from our lives and he chose
not to. He did however, chose to give Jillian some challenges that she
has shown she can and will master. My memory floods with the sounds of
the sirens that day and for whatever reason I began calling all my
daughters to check on their welfare. Nici had left the house to go with
Krystal and decided to get out of the car shortly after and was washing
the car at her boyfriends (I am so grateful for her boyfriend). I was
very relieved but still had a bad feeling even when I knew my children
were all safe. As you know dad living in a small town, we are all
FAMILY. Then, as I was getting into my van to head to the store, my
phone rang and on the other end of the line was my brother. He was calm
yet different, and he simply said, "Wendy I need you to do me a favor,
Yvette and I are in Grand Forks and Krystal was in the accident with
Jill, I need you to meet the ambulance at the hospital and do whatever
you can." I did what I normally would do when I'm scared and hollered
for Tom, who "literally" had just taken his shoes off and was attempting
to eat his supper. Knowing something was really wrong, Tom and I ran out
of the house, Tom still DIRTY, with his shoes in hand. As we drove to
the hospital I was filling him in. When we approached the hospital and I
learned more of what had happened and what was going to happen I called
my other brother Brad, who in turn called more family and the family
caravan to Grand Forks Altru was on... Ultimately, I was grateful for
the injuries they had, all things considered. Considering, we knew what
could have easily been. We can only pray for what will be. I learned
through all of it, we never really do it alone when we have family. I
was, and am, VERY glad for mine. So each time I hear or see those girls
I can't help but think how REALLY special they all must be and how truly
lucky we are.......... ok I'll quit now. <<< Thanks a million for caring
and sharing your thoughts Wendy. And, thank you for being there. Gosh I
hope everyone will remember Jillians Benefit October 29.
Supplemental Funds Provided By Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
~~~~~~~~~~~
This weeks lucky Firefighters winners:
10/09 Lutheran Sunset Home by Ron LaMont $20
10/10 Shawn Kliniske $20
10/11 Connie L Johnson $20
10/12 Chris McCrossan $20
10/13 Maureen Gerszewski $20
10/14 Matt Anderson $20
10/15 Taylan Sangrait $20
Congratulations all. I should note that I believe this is the second
time the Sunset Home has won, courtesy of Ron LaMont.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: