Saturday, April 22, 2006

April 22, 2006 - Saturday

Subject: SKEETERVILLE GAZETTE

04/22/06 SATURDAY
----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you by the C. P. Stone Furniture and
Undertaking Co. We give 10 percent discount on Library Tables and
Rockers.
Located on West 6th street. (1910 WCR)
----------------------
The current temperature is 37 degrees.
We can expect a high of 73 degrees today.
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
With a little sun, a light breeze and a bit more heat, There could be a
lot more pickups parked in field approaches today.
-----------------------
Unity Medical Center Foundation,
====== SPRING BANQUET ======
& friends of the foundation fundraiser.
--- TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2006 ---
6:30 p.m. at St John's Parish Center.
Proceeds help to maintain Unity Medical Center's outstanding level of
care.
Call Christl Durand, 352-9372 for tickets.
------------------------
The mention of Kody Starks name in the Gazette the other day gave Susan
(Swartz) Shuley reason to send the following. >>> Thank you so much,
Gary! I printed it out for Kody so he could put it in his portfolio. It
helps us see that people really do watch our young people and how
important it is that they behave in a positive manner. Thank you so much
for taking notice. I start my morning with Kody as he is in my class at
7:45 every day. We have a lot of young people in our community who can
make us proud but people don't usually take the time to let them know
it. I read your e-mail about Kody to my class. He was embarrassed but I
wanted them all to hear it.
Thanks again, Gary!
Have a great day!
Susan <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Susan. It is true that
"our" community, every community for that matter, is full of super young
folks, doing fantastic things for their communities. They not only
should be recognized, they deserve to be recognized.
------------------------
With the passing of Margaret LaPlante, Kathee sent the following note.
>>>
Yesterday at work in my Wadena office I received an email from my
boss forwarding to me a message from the ND Supreme Court reporting on
the death of Margaret LaPlante of Grafton, the last shorthand court
reporter in the state. I take comfort in knowing that she will be
remembered by many in the North Dakota legal community as well as by all
of us who grew up in Grafton in the 50's and 60's. Kathee Carlson
<<< Thanks for caring and sharing Kathee. It's amazing how such a small
person can leave such a large impression.
-------------------------
I received the following update on Nessa Schrank from the Wendelbo's.
>>> They wrote; Nessa has been home for a week but still taking therapy
at our local hospital. She will be leaving on Sunday for Rochester and
will have her first surgery on Tuesday April 25th. Please keep her in
your thoughts and prayers. <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Rose and Howard. We should be extremely thankful we continue to have a
local hospital for such needs.
------------------------
Friday I suggested it would be wonderful to receive an "update" on
Nessa Schrank, "little" Ben and Maria Wharam. As you read above, the
Wendelbo's covered Nessa's activities over the past few days, and what
we can expect in the next few days. Many of us have grown close to these
three young ones, even if it's only from a afar.
I also received a note from "Little" Ben's father. I must admit, I had
to read it several times, always, with a lump in my throat and a tear in
my eye. Can I share "my" note with everyone, I thought. Should I share
"my" note with everyone. Then I wondered, was there a way to "edit" out
the parts that I felt were intended just to me.
I decided the best way to share "Little" Bens fathers feelings
properly. Would be to share his message completely.
Chris wrote; >>> Hi Gary,
My name is Chris Wharam. I am "little" Ben's dad. I owe you many
things. First, a thank you. Your Gazette has spread word of my families
situation to far more than I could reach. We appreciate all the support
we have experienced, and I attribute much of the support to your
readers. So, thank you.
Second, I owe you an apology for not having sought you out at the
benefit to shake your hand and thank you in person. I am still amazed at
the outpouring of support we received at the benefit at the Marketplace
on 8th. The generosity of so many individuals and businesses made that
an event I will never forget. I wished I could have thanked each in
attendance, but with over 1,350 meals served...it just didn't happen.
The food was fantastic. What an event. Thank you.
Finally, I owe you another apology for not having kept you up to date on
"little" Ben's health. He is doing quite well. As I write, we are back
in Rochester for the second round of chemotherapy. Last week, Ben's
blood counts were low. So he received a transfusion on Wednesday...it
perked him up and he has been doing well since. He has lost most of his
hair, but he has not lost his appetite.
Thanks again to you and your readers for all the support.
Sincerely,
Chris Wharam
P.S. I would like a subscription to the Gazette. <<< Thank you so very
much for those wonderful words Chris. The small part that we were able
to play in the events of the past few weeks is infinitesimally small,
compared to "little" Ben & Maria's family. Please don't feel as though
you "owe" us anything. Allowing us to share a small part in your wee
ones lives is gratitude beyond compute.
I have always believed that the load one carries on ones back, is often
insignificant when compared to the load one carries in ones heart. You
Chris, and Julie are carrying a load beyond which most of us can't even
imagine.
We will be very pleased to include your family in the Gazette family. I
am also confident that I speak for the entire Gazette group when I say.
"We wish you and your little ones the very best they can be, with all
our love and prayers." Gary & Pat Moe and our entire Family.
----------------------
Speaking of family members. I am also pleased to welcome Doug Weberg
and Jim Almen to our group. Some of you will remember Jim when he worked
at Grafton Floral. That was back when gas was under a dollar. Maybe, if
we're lucky, we can talk Doug and Jim into sharing a bit of their world
with us.
----------------------
Thanks a million Marilyn Baumann for your contribution to the American
Legion Baseball program. Your lucky ticket number is 295 and will go
into the barrel before the first drawing. Dr. Harold Blanchard and Ray
Charlton have also indicated they will participate in this years
American Legion baseball drawing. AND, I might add, it's still not too
late for anyone to enter the Legion ball support program. Only $20 a
ticket.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks the read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: