Friday, April 14, 2006

April 13, 2006 - Thursday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

04/13/06 THURSDAY
--------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Mary E. Kutz
Realty. They participate in Co-op Listing Service.
--------------------
The current temperature is 52 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 62/37
Normal H/L temp for this date is 52/30
Thursdays rain certainly freshened the air and washed the winter dust
off the grass.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, or if the lighting in the
Grafton True Value Hardware Store has been improved. I noticed today as
I drove by on main street that I could see the gutters and down spouts
hanging on the back wall. If the lighting is relatively new, It sure is
a super improvement. On the other hand, if all those lights have been
there for a long time. I'm going to have to start looking up more often.
------------------------
Speaking of improvements. I notice in the last edition of the Record
that Chris Thompson wanted to donate $75 to "our" counties general fund.
Rumor has it, Chris' dad, Richard has also agreed to purchase a few new
items for "our" city police department too. Thanks guys.
--------------------------
During a recent visit to the Gazette library. I was reading the June
30, 1987 issue of the Walsh County Record.
I was surprised to find four (4) Realty firms advertising in it.
Country Realty, Mary E. Kutz Realty, Johnson Real Estate and Williams
Real Estate. Even more interesting, to me at least, was the fact that
those four firms represented 12 Brokers (salespersons). Even more
interesting than that, to me, is the fact that they - the four Realty
outfits - actually paid to advertise a combined total of 72 separate
listings. That same paper also carried 11 private or individual, real
estate for sale ads as well.
That's 83 separate listings in one edition of a 1987 Walsh County
Record. That's a significantly greater number of listings than one would
find in todays Record,.... I think.
Who said houses weren't selling in Grafton? I've heard tell, lately,
that some houses in town have sold before they are even put up for sale.
If anyone is thinking of moving some new mobile homes to Grafton. I can
tell them where they can find 19 super spots to park them. I'll bet Dick
and Marlys Anderson can too.
-------------------------
From time to time you "might" have noticed I tend to share my opinion.
No-one is more aware than I am that my opinion is just that. I encourage
everyone to share theirs as well. Who knows, we may even agree on some
things.
"The world is full of opinions. Unfortunately, it (the world) can only
be changed, by those that share theirs."
If you would like your thoughts shared with everyone, I can do that. If
you prefer I not share it with anyone else, I can do that as well.
I have lived most of my professional career with the following premiss.
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it." GLM
---------------------
I see the sand ranchers from overseas have dictated another hike in
the price of gas in the Red River Valley,... and everywhere else as
well. I looks like we'll have to find a "favorite" fishing hole a little
closer to the dock this summer.
-----------------------
As if they don't already have enough to do. Kim and Dennis Leclerc
dropped off a check today for a couple Legion Baseball tickets. Kim's
name and ticket number 91 will go in the barrel along with # 92 for
Dennis. Thank you very much Kim and Dennis, I wish you both the best of
luck in the May drawings.
-----------------------
Kenny Cox once said. "If you think a professional auctioneer costs
money --- hire an amateur!
Kenny was also the one, when asked by a friend if he could get a car
for cost, that said, "If you can't make money off your friends, you darn
(I cleaned that up for the clergy) sure aren't going to make it off your
enemies."
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: