Saturday, February 02, 2008

February 2, 2008 - Saturday

Early Edition

Todays Gazette is brought to you by the 1880 vintage log cabin on the
Grounds of the Grafton Heritage Village.
---------------------
The current temperature is 2 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 11/-9
Normal H/L temp for this date is 18/-2
It was 42 degrees (above) on this date in 1991. (for the Global warming
folks)
==========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Several times a week I receive questions relative to local sports
activities. Although they very in content. The following note, from
North Carolina, pretty much cuts to the chase. >>>>
Gary:
If you could, could you send the word out to publish any websites
devoted to GPR boys' hockey? I've googled my pinkies off and can find
only the ND high school website, which is great, but I'm dying down
here! My boys are smokin' hot, and I can't even read the Record
articles, for pity's sake. I haven't had a taco-in-a-bag for what,
years! God help us all. I can still smell that Centennial center, two
years gone now. Oh, my heart. Anyhow, any news about my Spoiler boys -
and b-ballers, and whoever else is practicing excellence in Grafton,
Lutheran or Catholic or Whatnot, let me know. I am at your mercy.
Peace and joy, and longing for wooden bleachers and frozen orange juice
cups and all that...
Pr Greg Yeager
China Grove NC <<<<
Thanks for writing Rev. Yeager lets hope someone can help our cause. I
understand the school has started a new Website at www.grafton.k12.nd.us
I checked it out, and, so far at least, I couldn't find anything about
current sports scores. That "might" be a super spot for our snowbirds to
keep up with sports results going into the local locker rooms. Also, I
could be wrong, but I'm thinking someone might want to check the site
and change the name listed as our local principle.
The Walsh County Record publishes most area results, although I really
haven't checked their website lately.
----------------------
I watched as much of the Clinton / Obama debate Thursday night as I
could. I noticed how careful both were to dance around the issue of
visitors "without papers".
Hilary seems to feel much more comfortable calling illegal immigrants
"undocumented" residents.
I'm not sure if I'm getting soft, or, if my vocabulary is simply
changing with the times. For instance,... already I'm starting to think
of the guys that robbed the bank in Park River the other day
as,.........
"Undocumented Borrowers".
If you know what I mean.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mentioned Henry Williams' museum and wildlife display at Heritage
Village. As a young boy I remember well running down the alley between
Manvel and Cooper avenue to watch Henry work his mounting magic. I
remember Henry telling me once that he had worked on just about every
type of "critter" there was,..... About the only thing he hadn't
stuffed,...... yet,...... was a litterbug.
-----------------------
TONIGHT ~ SATURDAY NIGHT
====== WALLEYE FISH FRY ======
~~~ SATURDAY--FEB 2, 2008 ~~~
-- SERVING--5 PM UNTIL GONE --
TAKE OUT ORDERS, CALL 352-3280< ~ ADULTS $10 CHILD UNDER 10 $5 ~
Proceeds from the Walleye Fish Fry will go to help maintain
Heritage Village.
The only difference between eating the Walleye at Heritage Village
Saturday and eating Walleye at the lake..... is the lake. Or
so it seems to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It saddens me to report the passing of Stephen Rice, age 61 at his lake
home. Stephen practiced law in Grafton and was a former Walsh County
States Attorney. His funeral arrangements are pending.
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
"To know what is right, and then not do it. Is the worst form of
cowardice."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: