Thursday, November 01, 2007

November 1, 2007 - Thursday

---------------------
The correct answer to the question, "What do you want to be when you
grow up?" is,....... a grown up.
---------------------
The current temperature is 28°.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 48/22
Normal H/L temp for this date is 44/25
There are only 55 kinds of weather til Christmas and each one of them
is a day.
===============
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
===============
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Rumor has it the folks piling corn in Ted Hoffman's Trailer City found
some additional storage room that they hadn't planned on. Those of you
that remember Trailer City, might remember there was a well, somewhere
between the river and the old wash house. It sounds like the boys that
have been piling corn there lately can tell us exactly where that well
is. And, maybe, they can even tell us how much corn that old well can
hold.
If memory serves me correctly. The east edge of the present pile is
just about where Cy & Madaline Croaker's trailer house was parked.
------------------------
====== QUESTION ======
What is Sugar?
====== ANSWER ======
Sugar (sucrose) is a carbohydrate that occurs naturally in every fruit
and vegetable. It is the major product of photosynthesis, the process by
which plants transform the sun's energy into food. Sugar occurs in
greatest quantities in sugar cane and sugarbeets from which it is
separated for commercial use.
---------------------
When I receive notes such as the following, I struggle whether or not I
should share them with the group. Although I receive many with specific
instructions to keep the information confidential (not shared). I
receive many without any such designation at all.
Of course whenever I receive a "confidential note" I make absolutely
certain that it does remain confidential. However, with the Gazettes
primary intent of caring and sharing in mind. I receive numerous notes
thanking me for sharing the thoughts and feelings of others.
I've found that by sharing others feelings with the group, the message
often gives others reason to share.
To that end I would like to share Berts note with the group. He wrote.
>>>>
Gary, I just want to say "thanks" for the Gazette. I have been many
years removed from Grafton and have no family living there. But the
memories of the younger years growing up there are frequently brought to
mind and your dailyGazette helps preserve those precious
memories,certain events and the people that made them happen. We, and
I personally, owe you a debt of gratitude. Bert A. Overland <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Bert. Although it is I that
owes a debt of gratitude to you and all of the Gazette membership.
I began the Gazette for my own personal salvation and preservation. It
was and continues to be a very important part of my ability to function.
It forces me to keep my mind occupied, diverted, for the most part, away
from trivial, negative forces that are better forgotten.
If in that endeavor, others find a thread of solace I am thrilled. The
actual fact is, the Gazette is not mine. Without the input and
participation of "our" members it would most certainly fail. I hope
everyone can find that very special meaning in Berts message. "It is
addressed to me, that's true. However, it applies to all of you."
That my friends, is why I continually say. "Thanks a million for caring
and sharing."
-----------------------
The turnout of tiny ghost and goblins was a bit less than normal at our
house this year (a bit short of a hundred). Although they are all fun
and interesting to watch walking up the driveway. I get a wonderfully
warm feeling each time the really little tykes knock on the door. It's
even more gratifying when they look up with their youthful smile and say
"thank you" then scurry off to the folks next door. It is also wonderful
knowing that now, for the most part at least, one or both parents
accompany their tiny tricksters around the neighborhood.
Halloween is a wonderful reason for "Trick & Treat". The "trick" is to
get families together to enjoy it.
The "treat"...... is when they actually do.
Or so it seems to me.
---------------------
I am saddened to share the following message from Jack. It comes with
our most sincere sympathies to the Babinski family. Jack wrote: >>>>
Hi Gary
Born in Grafton and graduated from Minto HS, Doris Babinski, 89, died in
Ojai CA on 27 October 2007. She will be buried in Minto ND. We will miss
her. My sister was a wonderful caring person. She served in the Navy in
WWII.
Jack Babinski <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing.
==================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================
"Without your input, I don't have much output".


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: