Friday, November 09, 2007

November 9, 2007 - Friday

11/09/07 FRIDAY
----------------------
There is nothing harder than a diamond - except maybe the payments on
them.
----------------------
The current temperature is + 36.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 39/22
Normal H/L temp for this date is 38/21
Thursday was another wonderfully bright sunny day in Shivercity. No
wind, no fog, no smog or traffic jams.
==============
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==============
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
The mention of Mike Kilmer's Hagen Excavating Company yesterday spawned
the following note. >>> Didn't Hagen Construction dig the hole for the
new house that's being moved in over by Wayne Coulthart's house on the
south end across from Ole Aasand? I heard that a house is being moved in
from SD. It's only a rumor so don't print my name. <<<<>>>> Subject: City stuff
Hi Gary,
Hope all is well with you and Pat and a belated Happy Anniversary to
you.
I write regarding a few recent Gazette items.
We will have all the downtown pavers fixed by next Summerfest. It's
a shame they deteriorated so quickly, but they will be fixed.
In regard to the Utility Rebate, I've heardsome question this,
and it just reminds me that we in ND are stoic folks who are suspicious
about getting something for nothing. The ultimate truth is that this is
the people's money, not the government's and it is the right time to
give it back asthe purpose for which it was collectedhas been
paid.I hope every dime gets spent in Grafton and I hope we have a
great Christmas shopping season.
As for Alchem, they are keeping 4 people on staff all winter. I
would suggest that a permanent closing of the plant would eliminate the
need to keep anyone working so I see that as a positive sign. Of course,
it's a business decision that will be made far from Grafton and as with
most things, I have no control over them regardless of my role as Mayor.
Take care,
Todd Burianek <<<>>> Gary; Are you advertising for
Transystems? There are a lot of trucking companies around here that
would like to get free advertising too... Dave <<< Thanks a million for
caring and sharing Dave. The Grand Forks Herald and The Walsh County
Record are in the advertising business. I'm, (the Gazette) into babble
and bull excrement distribution. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't
concerned about the industry I spent the major portion of my life
working in.
A vibrant sugar industry is a crucial piece of the economic pie in the
entire Red River Valley. Since the transportation of sugarbeets, from
the field to storage piles, and from storage piles to the factories
requires a significant amount of equipment and personal. It's not
unusual, especially during times of limited labor supply, to find
equipment parked due to a shortage of labor.
While attending a Dale Carnegie course several years ago, I learned
that I would be more successful, talking about those topics I understood
best. Believe me Dave, I fully understand the ramifications of not
having enough trucks to keep the factories operating efficiently.
So,... if there is anyone out there interested in driving a Transystems
semi hauling sugarbeets to the five factories in the Red River Valley.
Please call 1-800-557-3520 and they will be most happy to speak with
you.
ON THE OTHER HAND. If there is anyone out there that would like to haul
potatoes for one of the best dad-gum potato haulers in the country. Give
Altendorf Trucking a call at 1-701-248-3204 in Minto North Dakota and
I'm guessing they'll figure out a way to get you into one of their
trucks.
Tell Elmer Gary Moe sent you. It'll either get your foot in the
door,.... or.... your butt kicked out of it.
===============
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
===============


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: