Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21, 2007 - Wednesday

H A P P Y
T H A N K S G I V I N G
E V E R Y O N E
-----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by "The DAILY GRIND".
Their coffee's the finest their soup is delicious. It's a great place
for lunch and you don't do the dishes.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 22°.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 33/24
Normal H/L temp for this date is 30/14
============================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
============================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
The 49th annual Grafton Area Chamber of Commerce Banquet was held this
past Monday at Market Place on 8th. The Special Guest Speaker for the
evening was Miss North Dakota "Ashley Young". And, there couldn't have
been a more beautiful speaker, (pardon the pun).
John Fox served as MC of the event, doing an admirable job. He also
told a few "Ole & Lena" jokes unfortunately, being ½ Norwegian myself,
I didn't understand most of them.
I'm sure the Walsh County Record will do a much better job reporting
the events than I could. So, for the purposes of this discourse I will
only touch on the highlights.
I found it especially touching to witness Sally Schneider express her
appreciation while presenting her husband Denny, (Denny's Food Pride), a
participation award from GHS Experience Based Career Education Program.
Both Denny and Sally have given much to our Community over the years.
I found it heart warming to hear Renae Fayette call Zebbie (DeSautel)
Hankey to the podium to accept the Teacher of the year award. The world
would be a better placed if it was full of educators the likes of
Zebbie.
This years "Boss of the Year" award went to a well deserved individual.
One only needs to enter the recipients place of business and the feeling
of pride and attention to detail resonates throughout the entire
establishment. Employees of the business all present themselves with a
dignity and eagerness to serve that leaves one with the knowledge that
excellence isn't just simply a word at Grafton's Squire Shop. It IS the
way they do business.
I would like to extend a most heartfelt congratulations to Rita Amiot,
this years "Boss of the Year".
It's easy for me to get a "little" emotional when I see good people,
doing good things receiving recognition for their efforts. However, when
John Fox called Rita back up to the podium to present the "Citizen of
the Year" award, I started swallowing a lump that just wouldn't stay
down. Rita started her presentation with a list of accomplishments this
years "Citizen of the Year" has achieved. She listed several
organizations this years recipient participates in as well as a long
list of volunteer activities throughout the community and the area.
Of course, from the very beginning, I recognized the individual she was
speaking of. Certainly, over the years I have been well aware of the
numerous significant contributions this years "Citizen of the Year" has
provided.
HOWEVER, when Rita finish reading off a long list of accomplishments
and said. The Grafton Area Chamber of Commerce 2007 "Citizen of the
Year" is
A. K. (Andrew) Moe. I experienced a feeling of pride that I previously
only thought possible in dreams. I found myself thanking God, and,....
the community in which I live.
As I watched my "little" (pardon the pun) brother walk toward to stag,
one of my thoughts was -- "If only his Father and Mother could see him
now".
CONGRATULATIONS A. K. You have served Grafton Floral, your fellow man
and your community well. Making me and your entire gene pool very proud.
---------------------
Tomorrow is a special day we have set aside to give thanks. Gosh I hope
it doesn't become the only one. I have so very many things to be
thankful for.
For my family and friends and those fighting "our" wars.
For our community and those that are running "our" stores.
For the right to life, to live as we see fit.
I am so thankful our Lord can really understand.
So that when I goof up, he still holds out his hand.
============================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
============================
If you never ever hear from someone. How can you know you know they're
really there?


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: