Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 28, 2007 - Wednesday

-----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by my dentist. He's
the only person I know, that has actually asked me to open my mouth,...
and keep it open.
------------------------
The current temperature is 10°.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 9/-12
Normal H/L temp for this date is 27/11
The hi temp on this date in 1914 was a balmy 52°, although I'm sure
Al Gore has already documented that.
A 3 inch blanket of snowcat dust is covering our neighbors back yard.
===========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
===========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
--------------------------
Leistikow Park is, "beginning to look a lot like Christmas". Large
decorated candles not only light up the entrance to the park, they
herald the 102 anniversary of Johanna (Mrs. George) Greens birth.
If the red ribbons tied to tree branches indicate a plan to be
decorated, (and I think they are) there are still several additional
displays planned for this years presentation. However, already, Graftons
Leistikow Park Holiday Season Light Display is "worth the trip". (oops,
I borrowed that quote from Landowski's Furniture Store in Grafton.
Although they too are "worth the trip".)
Every day, it seems, there's something new added in the park. The
other day, for instance, I noticed that Country Smokehouse set up a
"seasonal" satellite smokehouse in the park. Then, for some reason, the
large tractor from Farm Credits display disappeared.
Then,.... on Monday, much like the Wringling Brothers and Barnum &
Bailey Circus folks used to do in the old days when they would come into
town with a train load of acts and displays. I noticed a whole string of
trucks, pickups, vans and vehicles along the east side of the park. It
proved to be Wally DeSautel and his band of faithful followers. They
were setting up, what I can best describe as "Wally's wonderland of
wonderful, whimsical, characters in the snow." Descriptions, even
pictures, can't do justice to Wally's display this year. You really have
to see it, to believe it.
The beautifully decorated tree directly across from Wally's display
also touched my heart in a special way. Unfortunately, some "buffoons"
used it to display their superior ignorance as evidence by the following
note. >>>
Subject: The Park Decorations
Gary -
Barnes Family Funeral Service has decided to decorate a tree out in the
park this year. The tree is a memory tree for all of the wonderful
families we have served throughout the year.
I was pretty excited to be given the ability to choose the
decorations. I picked a lovely tree and spent most of the weekend going
back and forth from Pamida to the Park. I wanted to make sure the tree
looked just right! Last night I drove my family out to the park to see
the finished product and was saddened to find it had been more or less
toilet papered. My hard work has been tainted by someone's lack of
spirit. I had to stop the car, get out, and tear down sheet after sheet
of paper and trash. I can't help but wonder why people feel the need to
do this. I recall this being an issue last year but somewhere in my
hopeful heart thought that maybe... just maybe, it would be different
this year. I will continue to monitor the tree in the park, but am sad
at the fact that I even have to.
Hopefully the spirit that has filled those of us that took the time to
decorate trees and such at the park will far outweigh the obvious
vandalizing scrooges.
Nanci Gale-Wilson <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Nanci. Your "revitalized" tree
looks great and makes a wonderful addition to Holiday display of lights
at Leistikow Park.
Anyway, I'm guessing the folks at the park will have "all" of their
decorations lit within the next day or two, and, I'd be surprised if
they don't even put a new flag on the flag pole.
-------------------------
I was in the Gazette library the other day, utilizing our brand
spanking new "pot-to-think-on, and, the following thought occurred to
me.
If "our" politicians can't get the folks who truly love "our" country,
ie; those folks on the other side of the political isle. How in Gods
green earth can they ever hope to "negotiate peace" with countries, and
people, that believe the only way they can get to heaven is by killing
us?
Then, I got to thinking, maybe,... just maybe... "If our politicians
weren't quite so full of the main reason I spend so much time in my
library, they might actually be able to accomplish at least some of what
we elect them to do in the first place. Or so it seems to me.
-----------------------
====== d a f f y n i t i o n ======
CARBON CREDITS: A system that allows wealthy individuals and
corporations to continue polluting the atmosphere while the poor and
middle class PAY FOR IT. Or so it seems to me.
===== Callenge of the day =====
--------- SOME ---------
Think of some one, or some thing that could use some help..... Then
give some.
=============================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
=============================
P.S. (How's the weather in Ohio?)
Rumor has it the coyote population around here is way up this year. We
have more turkeys than we could eat at Thanksgiving. The ground is
covered with snow. AND, it's cold enough to freeze the fuzz off a peach.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: