Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25, 2007 - Friday - Grafton, ND

I suppose it was inevitable. Modern day fashion designers
are now designing women's clothes that display cleavage,.... on both
ends. Now you can see them, coming and going.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 45 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 49/30
Normal H/L temp for this date is 74/47
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,..mostly stuff.
-----------------------
With rainfall amounts ranging from a millimeter in some areas, to
a parking meter in others. If you have a sump pump, and a basement, it
might not be a bad idea to check them both,... if you haven't already.
--------------
Rumor has it a scantly clad man with a moustache and a pair of
parrots on his shoulder, was seen in Simonson Lumber Company this
morning getting bids on enough lumber to build a pontoon,..... 40 cubits
long. I don't know if Rick knew him personally or not. However, I
understand when he give him the bid, Rick called him Noah then offered
to give him a cat and a pair of his neighbors dogs.
-----------------------
It's the time of the year when our refrigerator door gets covered
with pictures of handsome young men and beautiful young ladies.
The end of the spring planting season always marks the
beginning of yet another very important season. This is High School
Graduation season, and, it's in full swing throughout the area this
weekend.
Bev Demers shared the following with us. >>> Hi Gary, I'd like to
congratulate two more of your grandchildren on their
upcoming high school graduation. I don't know Nick Moe that well but I
know Jenny Hartje and you and Pat have every reason in the world to be
proud grandparents. Jennifer is a wonderful young lady and I wish her
well.
"Congratulations to all the graduates of the Class of 2007." Bev
<<< Thanks a million for your kind words and well wishes Bev. Both of
our daughters, Kelly and Wendy, will be watching their youngest walk
across the stage with square caps on. I'm not certain, but I think at
least some of the moisture in the area is coming from our daughters tear
ducks. One thing is for certain however, and that is that Pat will be
wetting a fair share of kleenex during the graduation ceremonies Sunday
afternoon.
Jennifer Hartje and Nicholas Moe will be our 6th and 7th
grandchild to graduate from Grafton High School. That means we only have
6 more to go.
CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer and Nick. You have made your Gramma Patti
and Grandpa Gary very proud.
Pat and I would like to extend a heartfelt
congratulations to the entire 2007 graduating class in Grafton and
throughout the country.
-------------------------
I'm guessing the folks along McHugh Avenue are wondering how
long the recent rains will delay their street project. The answer of
course is "I'll be darned if I know." The mention of the project gave
Kathee Carlson reason to share the following. >>>
The news that McHugh Avenue is being repaved brought
back memories of when the north end of town went from dirt roads to
black top. That would have been sometime before 1963 because that was
the year we moved from 303 Kittson Ave to 1407 Manvel due to the
addition of my brother Bryan to our family. I remember trying to cross
Kittson when the work was being done without getting dirty the white
tennis shoes that Grandpa Carlson had fitted on me at Reylecks. We
called McHugh, Muddy McHugh in its days before black top.
Our house on Kittson started out with an open porch which
was closed in well before I lived there. My dad said that the reason it
was closed in was that when automobiles replaced horses as the primary
mode of transportation, the automobiles kicked up too much dust to allow
sitting on the open porch to be an enjoyable experience.
I hope that no one ruins there Nikes in the process of
laying the new asphalt.
Kathee Carlson <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kathee.
-------------------------
With the benefit of hindsight (not to be confused with the ability
to see thru ones behind) I probably should have sent out the last notes
shared by Bert Overland and Armando Serrano. The requests for those two
notes, and I might add, the comments received on the subject, has been
nothing short of unbelievable.
--------------------------
I had the chance to spend a few hours at Arnesen's Rocky Point
Resort Friday. Every time I go there I am fascinated by the amount of
work the Arnesen's are doing throughout the entire resort complex. To
those of you that haven't been there for awhile, you will be amazed at
the changes. To those of you that haven't had the chance to get there at
all,...... yet. I'm sure you will be pleased with what you see when you
do.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get my "walleye combine"
in the water yet but I'm hoping to get "r" done real soon. I plan to
start out this year with brand new fishing line and two fancy new Wa-Pa
(Stan & Emily Pasche) fish magnets. Stan tells me his spinners are
specifically twisted & tied to catch walleye's right in the corner of
their mouth. Ya right!
Some may remember Stan when he coached hockey in Grafton. You
might remember too, Stan was never afraid to open his mouth when he felt
the urge to. Evidently, he has mastered that ability and come up with a
way of instilling it in his Wa-Pa fishing lures.
According to Stan, who says, "drop one of these little babies in
front of a walleye, and they can't possibly keep their mouth shut."
-----------------------
Anyway, I gotta start getting ready for graduation. But before I
do, I would like to welcome Steve & Lunette Kliniske, Emily Kliniske and
Stephanie Kliniske along with Jim & Norma Rystedt to the Gazette family
tree.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it."
"It isn't hearing something you don't like that hurts you.
More often than not, it's not hearing it, that does."
Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

Grafton, ND

No comments: