Thursday, May 17, 2007

May 17, 2007 - UFF DA - Thursday

Oddly enough, when people get tight, their tongues get loose.
----------------------
The current temperature is 50 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 70/39
Normal H/L temp for this date is 71/44
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
I noticed a lot of truck and heavy equipment activity on the west edge
of town Wednesday morning. Semi trucks hauled several loads of gravel to
the area and Gowans Construction Company had a cat dozer, a motor grader
and rubber tired packer building up what looks like a brand spanking new
building site for something.
Rumor has it that someone might be putting up a large storage and
drying facility on the site. I should be able to find out more from
Jerry in the morning.
Yup, it's definitely another indication,.... Grafton's Growing is
Showing.
------------------------
The mention of the 1882 to 1982 Centennial Book in the last Gazette
gave Scott reason to send the following. >>>
Hi Gary,
My name is Scott Johnston, and I am from Grafton, and
graduated in 1992. I joined the Navy in 1995, and I am currently
serving on board the USS John Paul Jones DDG 53, as a Chief Petty
Officer Gas Turbine Systems Technician, on Deployment in the Pacific.
I was wondering if you know of any Grafton Centennial books available
for purchase. I sure would like to get my hands on one, as it would
certainly be a nice read, when we are out here for months at a time.
I've asked my brother Ryan, (KXPO) but he has had no luck.
Thank you, Scott Johnston <<< Thanks a million Scott, for
dedicating your life to making "our" world a better place to live, and,
for sharing a small part of your world with us. I am sorry to tell you I
do not know of a resource to obtain a copy of the Centennial Book. I too
would really appreciate a more legible copy myself. It appears as though
they were printed using unobtainium paper. Maybe someone out there has
an idea that would help us out.
---------------------------
One of the major objectives of the Gazette is for caring and the
sharing of information. It is not nearly so important that the
information be important, as it is to practice the "art" of caring and
sharing. I am pleased to include a note from Kerri Osowski in todays
Gazette. I'm sure you will be able to tell by it's content why I'm
pleased. Kerri wrote: >>>
I thought you would appreciate knowing that the black walnut tree
that started out in the back of your Dad's 1941 Chevrolet Sedan has
produced a few more trees! Our daughter Megan was so lucky to have
Elaine Novak as her daycare provider for 6 years. Elaine frequently
took the children on walks around the neighborhood and the black walnut
tree was always a special stop. Megan brought home many grocery bags
full of the chestnuts that dropped from the tree. We enjoyed watching
the squirrels scamper through our yard hoarding the chestnuts for
winter. One fall Megan "planted" a few of those nuts in my flower
garden on the south side of our home. I couldn't figure out what was
growing that next spring until she "fessed up" that she had stuck a few
"chestnuts" in the dirt. I have provided my brother a few starter
trees for him to plant at his home in Wauban, MN and we currently have
two nice trees growing right next to the house! I'm pretty sure we
will have to transplant them in a couple of years! One of the first
things we do every spring is check on the "chestnuts" she planted…
they are doing wonderful! Thanks for providing "the rest of the
story" on our little chestnuts! I would also like to mention that
this Friday, May 18th, we are having a Relay for Life fundraiser at
Wells Fargo Bank. We have a bake sale from 9:00am until gone and
Brats & Burgers grilled by our President, Jim Dusek from 11:00am until
1:00pm. All funds raised go directly to Relay for Life. Hope
everyone can stop by for a good cause! I receive the Gazette from my
Mom, Margie Kennedy….look forward to reading it every day! Thank
you! <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kerri. I am pleased to
know that my fathers work continues. I know it would please him as well.
------------------------
Thursday May 17th is not only Syttende Mai (Norwegian independence Day)
a special day set aside each year for those folks the movie Fargo was
dedicated to. (Ya-U-betch-a) It is the day Rick Odegards mother decided
she was tired of hauling him around in her tummy and agreed it was time
for a doctor to grab him by the legs, hold him upside down, and,...
smack him where a diaper goes. It seems Rick, in his infinite wisdom,
married a lady much like his mother. Diane too, decided she had carried
their first child long enough and so,... yup, you betcha, she delivered
their first born on the same day Rick celebrate's the anniversary of his
first spanking.
Rick's not only a Veterinarian in the Grand Cities, he's a resident of
Arnesen's Rocky Point Resort as well.
Happy Birthday to you Rick and your first born son. Congratulations
too, to your daughter and daughter-in-law on their graduation day.
I look forward to getting together soon at Arnesen's Rocky Point
Resort.
I can hardly wait to fire up the old walleye combine and snag a limit
of 19 & 7/16 inch walleyes.
-------------------------
So far 38 names have been drawn for this years Annual Firefighters
Calendar Drawing. Of those, "winners", the following individuals
purchased their tickets from me. Brian Janakowski, Don Almen, David
Schumacher, Alice Lessard, Mike Such, Fred Stark, Wally DeSautel, and
Norman Russum. Each of these wonderful supporters of the Grafton Fire
Department will receive a check for twenty dollars. They all have 327
additional chances to win even more money.
================================== GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: