Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 10, 2007 - Thursday - Grafton, ND

Everyone knows when two people get married, they become one. The
trouble doesn't begin,... til they try to decide which one.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 66 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 87/50
Normal H/L temp for this date is 68/41
The high temperature on this date in 1987 was 96 degrees. (above zero)
==============================
====
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Grand Forks has one, Fargo has one, I wouldn't even be surprised if
Bismarck and Minot has one too. After several years without, Grafton
once again has one too. Today, at noon, Graftons Country Smokehouse meat
market opens for business. I'm sure many will remember Gillespie's Meat
Market and later becoming McGregers Meat Market operating out of that
same facility. Since the closing of their operations, Grafton has not
had a business establishment dealing primarily in the capacity of a Meat
Market.
Yesterday I mentioned that Country Smokehouse will feature T-Bone
steaks for $5.99 a pound today (Thursday). I received a few e-mails
wondering if that was a "correct" price. I checked again, and, yes it
is. I have also received a couple variations of the following note. >>>
Hey, Gary, can you find out what the telephone number is to the Country
Smokehouse, so we can call in our orders on the way home from work and
pickit up atthe drive up window!!!!<<<
The Country Smokehouse phone number is 352-1122. Of course I would be
less than honest if I didn't tell you that Pat and I have a special
interest in Grafton's new Country Smokehouse. Not only are a couple of
the individuals involved members of our gene pool, all the rest of the
folks involved with Country Smokehouse are very good friends of ours.
CONGRATULATIONS -- From Pat and Gary, to everyone involved with the
Country Smokehouse. Thank you, for investing your trust, time and energy
and, for once again giving me reason to say, ---- Welcome to Grafton,
"Our Growing is Showing."
--------------------------
Several times over the course of the past few weeks, I have received a
suggestion to NOT purchase gas on one specific day. I am, almost, that
certain those sending out that message have only the very best
intentions. I might even go so far as to say that they really believe
there could be a significant value to the practice.
Personally, the only thing I can see if we followed the suggestion is a
negative impact to folks I call my friends. Jim Molde has absolutely
nothing to do with the high price of gas. Dave Schumacher doesn't want
his customers to pay "more than they have to" either. I'm sure the
rising price of gas isn't making Mike at the Grafton Square jump for joy
either. I haven't checked with Simonsons or the BP station but I'm
willing to bet those folks would just as soon be selling gas for a
dollar or two less as well.
Anyway, the bottom line is, my friends, didn't create the high cost of
gasoline. WE DID, those of us that drive way more than we should, with
giant motors eating gas faster than a billy goat on steroids. We, the
people, are creating the issue. WE seem to always want to blame others
for problems WE create.
Or so it seems to me.
++++
This note says almost the same thing, in just a little different way.
>>>>
Gary:
I want to explain why I don't want my name credited to the piece
about boycotting gas pumps. Although I think boycotting the gas pumps
may make a public statement, as a business owner I can't imagine not
having a customer for an entire day. It seems as though the "little
person" would be hurt more than the large producers. It seems there
should be a better way to make a statement and get results. Sounds like
an issue for Ralph Kingsbury (i.e. economics).
Denise Sevigny <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Denise.
You may be putting a lot more responsibility on Ralph than he's willing
to accept. After all, he is retired, you know.
------------------------
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ---- JEFFREY
Today is the day our eldest son Jeff celebrates the anniversary of his
birth. It's hard to believe it was only 40 years ago that I was running
up and down the halls of St. Josephs Hospital here in Grafton, telling
everyone how happy I was to have a little boy that could help me in the
garage.
Five years later I was asking his mother to find him something to do in
the house.
Ten years later I was helping him find the tools he lost in the yard
while working on his bike.
Fifteen years later, he was changing the oil on our cars.
Eighteen years later he was taking large motors and making them even
larger.
Then,... the next thing we knew. He found Yvette, got married and she
has been putting up with him ever since.
==== HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON ====
Your mother and I love you very much,
AND,.... anytime you want to work on ANYTHING we have, with a motor
in it, PLEASE DO!!!!
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

Grafton, ND

No comments: