Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March 27, 2007 - Tuesday

Todays Gazette is brought to you by Melvin Torkelson, former Walsh
County Sheriff and County Judge.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 34 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 56/39
Normal H/L temp for this date is 40/22
The forecast is calling for perfect weather conditions to buy a
4-wheeler. AND,.... I just happen to have one for sale.
==============================
====
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
The river reading around 10:00 last night was 10.72. Water doesn't
start going over the road south of the Park on 5th street until the
reading hits 12.5.
----------------------
The former Robertson Lumber yard property on 5th and Wakeman is slowly
becoming surrounded by the Storage Pro's storage facilities.
-----------------------
The Last Chance Bar and Grill is advertising for help. I'm not real
sure exactly what kind of help they're looking for. However, I'm
guessing, If you can do it, they want you to do it for them.
------------------------
I understand a Washington state rink won this years National Mixed
Curling Championship held in Grafton over the past week. I also
understand a member of the Washington rink, is a relative of a relative
of mine. Then again, I suppose if that were true, someone would have
told me before this. Right Rosemary?
------------------------
The latest, I'm pretty sure right, rumor has it that the former home of
W. L. (Bill) Whitcher, one time manager of our local JC Penny store,
will soon have a new owner. The beautiful one story home - one of the
first single story homes in Grafton - was purchased by Wilfred & Marie
Collette in 1948 and then again in 1971 by William (Billy) Lykken, who
has owned it until now.
As I understand it, John Tweten and Billy have come to an agreement,
and, the deal has been consummated (so to speak) with a hand shake.
That brings to two, the number of sons of Milt and Olive Tweten
purchasing homes in Grafton in the past few weeks.
Congratulations to both, and thank you for investing your hard earned
money back into Grafton.
Yup, Grafton's growing is showing.
-------------------------
If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is probably not for you.
-------------------------
~~ FOUR - WHEELER - FOR - SALE ~~
Due to circumstances completely within my control. I have decided to
offer for sale my newly acquired, brand spankin new 2007 Red Arctic Cat
400 ATV w/automatic transmission complete with windshield.
Reason for selling: We love our kids and grandkids. I will entertain
realistic offers until I receive one that sounds the most appropriate.
Home phone 352-1599, cell phone 520-0536. If I don't answer, I'm either
working,..... drinking coffee,..... or, napping.
Besides, Pat said if I keep it, I'll kill myself, and as usual, she's
right.
--------------------------
My sincere appreciation goes out to Dody & Art Tallackson, Marie & Dick
Bellerud and Carole & Russell Lefevre for participating in this years
Volunteer Firefighters Calendar Drawing.
++++
Along with a check for "our" Firefighters, Carole included the
following note. >>>
Dear Gary, Please send this check on to the Firefighters.
My dad, Melvin Torkelson (former Walsh County Sheriff and County Judge)
was an active volunteer Fireman in the 40's and 50's. After he was
disabled, those wonderful firemen came and took him in his wheelchair to
their meetings.
After his death the same organization always invited my mom and other
widows to their annual Christmas party. What an outstanding group.
I suppose all of those guys are gone now, but if Grafton has more of
the same. The citizens are very lucky.
Carole (Torkelson) Lefevre <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Carole. I suppose it's possible that I'm "somewhat" biased about the
status and stature of Grafton's Volunteer Firefighters. Heck, there's no
question, I am biased. Our son Jeff is a member and we are extremely
proud of the him and the entire Firefighters organization. Your
contribution to the Firefighters Calendar Drawing, helps my son and the
department he is so devoted to, be the very best that they can be.
--------------------------
According to the latest advertisement from the Green Mill Restaurant
chain. The average Walleye is 14 inches. It's obvious to me that no-one
from that organization has ever fished out of Arnesen's Rocky Point
Resort, on the south shore of Minnesota's Lake of the Woods. There's
nothing like a 19 and 15/32 inch Walleye served fresh, with all the
fixins, in the kitchens of Arnesen's Rock Harbor Lodge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=== HAPPY - BIRTHDAY - JOSH ===
Today our oldest Grandson, Josh Moe, will celebrate the anniversary of
his birth. Today is also the anniversary of his first spanking. When he
quit crying, Josh joined 226,545,805 other legal US Citizens. Happy
Birthday Josh, your grandmother and I love you very much.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: