Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16, 2009 - Monday

Todays Gazette comes to you with some very exciting delightful news.
With benefit of faith, prayer, dedication and the determination of
hundreds of wonderful people here and across the country, all driven by
a God given desire to make Joanie's recent Bone Marrow Drive a success.
I am extremely pleased to report to every member of our Gazette family
that we have every reason to believe that "A PROPER MATCH HAS BEEN FOUND
FOR JOANIE SILEWSKI."
-----------------------------
The current temperature is 30 degrees.
The "feels like" temperature is 25
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 36/19
Normal H/L temp for this date is 34/17
It was 67 degrees on this date in 1918
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L new & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------------
Temperature in the forties Sunday afternoon turned many intersections
into miniature lakes and ponds. Several fields in the area are starting
to "freckle up" as the color black begins to replace the fields winter
long coats of white.
It is the time of the year when we begin to pray that the over
abundance of moisture in the Red River Valley of the North, can reach
the Hudson bay, without going through to many living rooms along the
way.
-------------------------------
It seems the older John gets, the more efficient he gets. His note not
only speaks a bit about the Drayton Factory, he also wants to remind us
of the fabulous French Toast & Sausage breakfast at the Grafton
Federated Church this coming Saturday. John wrote. >>>>
Gary,
Just a short note to tell you all is well at the Drayton beet factory.
This is the time of year that people start speculating when the season
will end. To me after listening to the experts which is hard to keep
quiet for me it looks like the first week in June. This is due to the
large crop and the tough task of processing muddy beets. As the factory
runs 24/7 the one thing that stands out for me in the first campaign is
how the workers can keep everything working. No matter how big the
problem these people can fix anything. When it comes to working together
and solving problems you will find that the factory workers at American
Crystal are as talented as the Double E staff.
It's great working with these people and it's something worth while
touring!
-Would you please send out that the Grafton Federated Church French
Toast and Sausage Breakfast is SATURDAY MARCH 21st at 7am to 2pm at the
Federated Church Fellowship Hall downstairs.
Thanks,
John Olaf Aasand the 12th- <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing John. Since I'm no-longer
around to remind my good friends in the factory. Please remind them that
beets come into the factory with dirt on them,..... because they were
grown in the ground. IF, they had been grown on trees, we would be
hearing concerns about the branches and leaves. Or so it seems to me.
ANYWAY, it hardly seems like a year ago that I hobbled down the stairs
of the Federated Church for a fantastic breakfast. If I remember right,
that was for fantastic Pancakes and Sausage.
---------------------------------
Speaking of beets, this note comes from sugarbeet grower Tom Kennelly.
Speaking of great food, wonderful people and a worthwhile benefit.
Please mark Next Tuesday March 17 on your calendar. Tom Wrote; >>>
Subject: marinated pork chops
Gary,
Just thought I would let you know of a marinated pork chop dinner at
the St. Thomas American Legion Club in St. Thomas on Tuesday March 17th,
St. Patrick's day! The event is being put on by the St. Thomas Science
Club, the proceeds will be used to help fund the Science club's trip to
Florida in the spring of 2010. These kids have been working hard to make
this trip a go by numerous fund raisers and events, the cost of the meal
is $10 and it will be an awesome event! Yea I know, people might say
the only thing in Florida is Disney and fun, well I would like to put
in a personal plug, I was involved in the very first trip back when I
was a junior in high school in 1987. I guess that dates me, but oh well,
I have memories that I have not forgotten from my trip. Just one is we
went to NASA and it was only a little more then a year after the
Challenger accident, you could still see the hurt in the people's eyes
out there and their concern for the continuation of space exploration!
Look how much NASA has accomplished! But even more, look at the lasting
affect it's had on me! I always watch whenever they have a launch or
something of interest! If I wouldn't have had the opportunity to take
that educational trip I probably wouldn't have given a rip about what I
see as a national treasure, NASA! My hope is that people will come and
have a very good Marinated pork chop dinner for a great cause!
Being ST. Patty's day and all, you might even find a green beverage on
the south side of the Legion! They will be serving supper from 5
to 8 pm. If anyone has questions please give me a call at 701-520-3040
and if I don't know the answer I will find someone that does!
Thanks,
Tom Kennelly <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Tom. I'm sure whenever the
words Science & School are mentioned in the same sentence, we are all
reminded of a favorite or particular individual. For me that would most
certainly be,... Mr Bliss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It is the responsibility of those who's destiny relies on people. to
make certain that the people they rely on,... share the same destiny."
GLM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure exactly what to say about the next note. I must admit that
I have heard the term "stimulus" a whole lot more than I've actually
been stimulated. And, I suppose it might also go without saying that I
can appreciate a good stimulating as well as the next guy.
Anyway, Ernie Barta wrote: >>>>
Subject: Highway Stimulus
Gary, How about those BISON making a trip to the big
Dance. What a great showing for the state of North Dakota.
Also I'd like to ask your readers to email our legislators
and mostly the majority party in Bismark and encourage them to leave
the 120 million in the highway distribution fund that they already
appropriated and to give us the 170 million from the federal stimulus.
They are trying to take 100 million from the highway distribution fund
and replace it with 100 million from the federal stimulus package.
If they do that, the county will have their hands tied.
The stimulus money can be used on certain projects such as previous
federal aid projects and new roads and bridges, meaning we can't use it
to gravel county and township roads, and it also can't used it to repair
roads that didn't have federal funding. I'm also hearing they are
trying to change some funding that will effect our schools. Please call
or e-mail your legislators and if you have friends and relatives
living in North Dakota, please tell them to do the same. Thanks
again, ERNIE <<<<
Thanks a caring and sharing Ernie.
=========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=========================
"Life is to short for long answers."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: