Monday, December 08, 2003

December 8, 2003 - Monday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

The temperature is 30 degrees under a cloudy sky. Last night someone put an
inch of snow on my driveway. That's a million dollar snowfall in New York City.
I doubt the Anderson boys will get quite that much cleaning off the Western
Plaza parking lot.
Yesterdays H/L temperature 32/24
Last years H/L on this date 27/8
Normal H/L for this date is 23/6
Todays Skeeter meter reading is ZERO ==================================
"Profanity Makes ignorance audible" ==================================
SHOPPING DAYS:
Only two shopping Saturdays days til Christmas. Over the years I have
"created" numerous wish lists for Christmas. I don't remember for certain,
however, I suspect one of my first Christmas wishes was for a clean diaper and
a full bottle of milk. Next may have been a sleigh or toboggan.
I remember in the third grade wanting a peddle airplane like the Lamont kids
had. In the fourth or fifth grade I thought I needed ski's and ski poles. I
think I did take the ski's down the river bank at the park once or twice. The
ski poles became spears that we used to throw at the light post on the
corner.
If memory serves me, my Christmas list in sixth grade was so long. I was told
I'll get what I get and like it. That was the Christmas I received the most
memorable gift I ever received. (at home) It was a medal model MG car. It had
soft, air filled tires, actual spring suspension, and a working steering system
just like the real cars had. Dad took it down to Nygards after we finished
building it and had Al (I can't remember his last name) Paint it bright orange.
Darn it was a pretty little car. Gosh I wish I still had it.
For the next couple of years, all I can remember really, really wanting. Was
for Mom to get better. She didn't, she went to Heaven instead. I'm okay with
that now. I wasn't then. I couldn't understand it at all then. I do a little
now. Since our first Christmas as a married couple in 1960. I have had one
wish on the top of every list. That everyone could spend Christmas, healthy and
together. Over the years we have had one or both of those every year.
This year, we'll have our first Great Granddaughter Kylie, with us for her
first Christmas. She will be big enough to really raise heck with the wrapping
paper. Then also number 11 and 12 grandchildren will be here. Jadrian and
Tyler won't be big enough to unwrap their presents. They will of course be able
to let us know when their bottles are empty, and their diapers are full. Now
then, health, and being together will always stay on the top of my list. I
have, however, had additional items on the list.
During our first years of marriage. Things like snow tires, gasoline (I always
had gas) seat covers, and a television set (black & white) took up most of the
room. Them the list slowly began to include really important things. Like snow
cats and stuff like that. Then, as maturity
(age) started taking hold. I put things of a more serious nature on the list.
Things like Crown Royal, (for medicinal purposes) Candy, (chocolate covered
cherries) and any kind of assorted meat and cheese trays were always wonderful
on the dinning room table. Lately, or soon will be, I'm afraid. The number of
desirable food items on my Christmas list will all depend,....on the supply of
depends. ==================================
IT'S BEEN FOUND:
Some may remember a few months ago I reported Norman Lykken had, among
several other things, his beautiful black GMC pickup stolen. I recently
received the following from Norman.
>>>>>Dear Gary
Remember back in Sep. that my black GMC was seen running around No. Dak.? Well
the guy probably could not stand the cold weather because the Sheriff found it
Fri. and I have it back after 3 Months. It was reincarnated. No damage, except
for a couple of scratches on the left rear. Pass this on to Silly Billy and
all. Thanks again for all the news.
"NIP"<<<<<<<
Thanks Norman, happy holidays
--------------------
Well I better get outside and shovel that million dollars worth of snow of
the driveway before it starts earning interest.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
P.S.
When you look on MSN TV's "things to do" in your city. Under Grafton I found
13 different Graftons listed in the country. NONE of them, have anything to do
either. I haven't had time to check out Shivercity.
P.P.S
I still can't remember Al's last name. He was Marion Mathisons companion for
several years, and a pretty darn good painter as well.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

No comments: