Tuesday, December 30, 2003

December 30, 2003 - Tuesday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

CURRENT WEATHER:
It's 71 degrees in Shivercity and 73 degrees cooler in the Shivercity suburbs.
The wind is out of the W at 2 MPH. Yesterdays H/L temperature 20/14
Last years H/L on this date 32/24
Normal H/L for this date is 16/-2
Today is two minutes longer than yesterday.
Todays Skeeter meter reading is ZERO ==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible" ==================================
Todays edition is a tad long. I felt the "FAIR TRADE" message on the bottom
of the Gazette should go out today.
----------------------------
LEISTIKOW PARK:
Adverse weather conditions the past few days has taken it's toll on the park
decorations. Last night I counted 26 displays without a direct link to the
Grafton Municipal Power Department.
I'm not sure how many "power plays" the hockey team has scored so far this
year. However, it could be such a thing, as every time one is scored. They shut
off a display so they can afford to give free power to the lucky "power play"
goal winners. At any rate, it's still a very pretty drive through the park.
I noticed the small WDAY/Z display is also dark. I'm guessing their using all
their resources to broadcast the Fighting Sioux hockey games.
==================================
SPORTS:
Speaking of sports. Did anyone watch the Vikings game Sunday? Did they really
lose?.....again? I don't know much about football. However, this morning (I
think) one of the guys that does. Mentioned something about the Vikings losing
because Kleinsasser has a tight end. I had to agree. A tight end would slow
anyone down. And so it goes.
------------------------
I'm wondering how long the Grand Cities Columbia Mall can afford to give away
ten bucks every time the Sioux score a point. Just Saturday alone eight people
were given a $10 reason for "shopping the mall".
I did notice that several guys scored in Saturdays hockey Sioux Wayne State
hockey game. I also noticed several more "scored" assists.
In case you haven't, I did, no-one,..... absolutely no-one, on the Minnesota
Vikings team "score" an assist. Could that be their problem? Their not getting
enough assists. Then on the other hand, maybe the Scandinavians aren't winning
because the Mall of America isn't giving away ten bucks every time they score.
Maybe,.......just maybe ==================================
I did receive a comment on the trip three local gentlemen took to "Hooters."
I'll copy the note to be sure it isn't misunderstand.
>>>>>Hey Gary : I still have the poinsettia plant, and I would bet it is more
than those other two "dudes" have!!!!!!
The "Guy With The Glasses"<<<<<
I have to admit, signing it, the Guy With The Glasses sure adds mystery to the
note. I met "The guy with the glasses" at Market Place on Eighth Saturday
evening. I had the opportunity to ask him what he thought a fourth person might
have expected. He looked at me, then he looked at Pat. Then he looked at me and
said something like, "I don't know for sure, I just know I still have the
plant."
-----------------------
I have received several notes regarding Gordy Stark. Most thanking me for the
information and some asking if I would print Gordy's obituary. I would be most
pleased to print Gordy's obituary, however, I think it best to leave that to
the "true professionals." If you would like to see information regarding Gordy
or any service held at Tollefsons Funeral Home. You can find it on their web
site. www,tollefsonfuneralhome.com. Michelle & Michael Such has done a
wonderful job putting together the web site.
==================================
WELCOME TO NORTH DAKOTA
The only thing mad in our state is a few (remaining) Vikings fans. This is,
the land of contented cows. If someone really does want to know "Where's the
beef". Just ask a native North Dakotan. We've also been left with an over
abundance of Bull Dung. But then that's a story for another day.
==================================
Thanks everyone, for the terrific response to last weeks story on Mom's
bracelets. Thanks again Rosie!
------------------------
Graftons local channel 3 now has music! I'm sure glad someone come up with
that idea. It's a "Graftons Oldies" station and I'm one of them. I must admit,
I now spend more time "watching & listening" to the local channel.
==================================
Welcome Tom Gerszewski, to the lunacy of the Shivercity Gazette, and it's
family. Should you decide, at any time, it is wasting your time, or, you prefer
NOT receiving it. Please let us know ASAP. We will be happy to refund the price
of your subscription (less S&H) and puff, your name will be added to the other
two unsubscribers. ==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
Tomorrows "sneak preview". The goofy things one finds in the classifieds, &
Laddie.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

1 comment:

Erich Viedge said...

Hi there,
I googled a distant cousin of mine, Gordy Stark, and I see you were going to run an obituary of him. I'm wondering if this is the same Gordy Stark I know of? The most recent e-mail I had for him was gstark at voyager dot net.
I'd like to be in touch with the family, if it is indeed the same guy. If it isn't, please accept my apologies and wishes for a great festive season.
regards
Erich Viedge, South Africa.