Tuesday, December 02, 2003

December 2, 2003 - Tuesday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

CURRENT WEATHER:
It 19 degrees (outside) under a clear sky. The wind is out of the SE at 9
MPH.
It was another one of those nights the tongue sticks to the flag pole.
Yesterdays H/L temperature 27/20
Last years H/L on this date 25/9
Normal H/L for this date is 25/9 ==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible" ==================================
L O C A L N E W S:
C A B L E T E L E V I S I O N
If your having trouble finding the weather channel while visiting Shivercity.
Look for it on Channel 22 NOT channel 9 as it has been forever. I'm guessing
they figured the local Norwegians had the old weather channel number memorized
so they changed it. To keep us in the dark. Only God, and the cable man, knows
what happened to our local channel. ==================================
As I entered Leistikow Park last night. I noticed Santa and Frosty were still
sleeping. (flat on the ground) I'm sure John is in the process of ordering a
new load of sail boat fuel for them. It would be a shame not to get them up and
waving again ASAP.
------------------------
If you haven't been through the Park yet. Your missing a beautiful sight.
This year, one of the main features is. The worlds largest decorated telephone.
(Polar telephone didn't coin that phrase, I did)
------------------------
Wouldn't it be cool, if someone, somehow, could figure out a way to have
"holiday music" in the park?
------------------------
Yesterday, Sami and me were driving down main street. I noticed several
people shopping and walking across main street. I think having Embroidery Plus
in the former Valley Jewelry building helped the "look" of down town.
Then, I noticed main street itself. After a few snowfalls, a little freezing
rain, and the need to sand and salt intersection so local body shops don't get
overworked. (right Dale?) Main street is covered with a layer of sand, the
folks at Miami would love to have on their beach. I know sweeping streets in
the winter can be a real "bugger" at best. I know because I have done it,
several times. But I'd be willing to bet, with a little thought and a some
effort. Graftons downtown streets could be made significantly more appealing.
If we expect our community to grow. It should "look" like we are expecting
company. ==================================
The TWINS (Jadrian and Tyler)
Last night Pat and I went over, for just a minute. They were both wide awake.
I got Jadrian and Pat got Tyler. I won't waste space saying their cute.
However, as I looked into Jadrians beautiful, perfectly round eyes. I thanked
God, for the miracle of birth. I thought about how precious life is, and, the
responsibility of mankind to protect it. I thought about Scott Woinarowicz and
his wife, my cousin, Denise. Gosh I hope what we are doing in Iraq is the right
thing. Golly I hope all of our troops return home soon. Then Jadrian burped,
she made a funny face that, I was told, was caused from gas. (I don't, always,
smile when I have gas) Then she settled back down again and looked around at
the Christmas lights that decorate their home.
Tyler, on the other hand. Seems to continue to take after his father. He
always seems to be looking around, and he's mastered the art of hickuping.
Yesterday afternoon, I'm told. Ty baptized his Aunt Kelly,.... big time. That's
the second time Kelly has been in Ty's "line of fire".
Maybe Tyler is going to be a fire fighter, like his Uncle Jeff, when his
bladder gets big.
------------------------
Thank you Holly, for your wonderful note. I'll be sure and share your offer to
baby sit with Toni and Denise. You too, have a terrific family. Please greet
Craig and the kids for Pat and me. ==================================
Ever wonder where, or how, the nine tenths of a cent got in the price of gas?
Why can't gas be priced to the even cents? Ever wonder why, when gas sells for
$1.50.9 most folks say gas a $1.50 a gallon? When in reality it's darn near
$1.51.
Why is it that all the other numbers in the price of gas changes, but not the .
9? With all of the competition in the retail gas market today. And, as keen as
that market must be at times. Why hasn't some young aggressive businessman set
his price at $1.50.4 or something? Just a thought.
==================================
"To know what is right, and then not do it, is the worst form of cowardice."
==================================
>>>Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment.<<<
Thanks for the note Dave. As you can see, I aways heed your input.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

No comments: