Wednesday, December 03, 2003

December 3, 2003 - Wednesday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

It's 26 degrees (outside) under a beautiful clear sky.
Yesterdays H/L temperature 31/7
Last years H/L in this date 9/-5
Normal H/L for this date is 25/9
Today will be a terrific day to shop in a small town.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible" ==================================
L O C A L N E W S:
The Grafton chapter (division) of Curves has moved into it's new home in
Western Plaza. Between Subway and Denny's Calorie Coral.
I'm not sure what "Curves" stands for. Maybe something like; Customers Using
Really Vibrant Exercise Systems. Then again, maybe not.
-------------------------
Gosh, am I ever pleased Mid-continent, or, is it in-continent? changed our
cable TV channels around. I spent 20 minutes this morning waiting for Kelly
Rippa and Regis to come on. Then I realized I was watching the animal channel.
Our "new" local channel disappeared in the shuffle. I understand it will come
back and can be found behind the number three (3).
-------------------------
Now then,... we are blessed with another Grand Forks commercial invasion of
our homes. Channel 6, used to be a Canadian station. Incontinent, in their
infinite wisdom. Has decided we would sooner watch another "Pay-for-commercial"
channel.
After everything is done and said, or read. It may not be as bad as it sounds.
For example, One of the "adds on channel six (6) is for a "Firefighter" for the
city of Grand Forks. NOW GET THIS, Grand Forks will pay $30,986 to $38,732 for
A (that's one) Firefighter.
Well dog bite my unite. My son, and thousands of other "Volunteers", do it for
FREE, and then pay for their own vehicles and gas to get to the fire hall.
People like Eddie & Alvin Mattson, Hugo Kutz, Wally DeSautel, Richard Larson
and many more, far to numerous to mention. All have spent most of their life
fighting fires in our community for free. If the truth be known, they actually
paid to do it. Thanks again Jeff, and all the rest of you volunteer
Firefighters, Ambulance and rescue people. ==================================
I just received word that Wayne Coulthart went over to Crookston today with
his four wheeler to help in the search for Dru Sjodin. Early this morning there
were already over 500 four wheelers assembled for the search. I'm not sure if,
or how many others from Grafton are participating. I do know Wayne is the kind
of person that will represent us well. Thanks Wayne from the Moe family.
---------------------------
The piece about Wayne Coulthart and his four wheeler. Is the second time in
my memory I have touched on miniature four wheel vehicles. The first time was
when my friend, (at least he was before this) Keith Bjorneby received a
citation for driving across a road checking fields on one. It's kind of ironic
isn't it. I'll bet today, Wayne and his group, will be told to cover every
square inch of ground they can. ==================================
In the interest of a better living. The federal government has funded a
project to determine IF in fact, using chopsticks will contribute to arthritis.
HOLY SMOKERS! You get tunnels in your carpet from typing (I have them) and now
I'm going to get stiff in a joint from chopsticks. I wonder what the end
result of sipping tea is going to be? We've all heard what you get from breast
milk, Right? ==================================
I received word from a person that has already fished the Upper Red Lake
recently. the note follows:
>>>>Went to Upper Red Lake yesterday fishing. 9" of ice on the lake, we
were one of the first to drive out this year, there was only one other vehicle
out fishing. Only caught 2 crappies, but the walleye fishing was unbelievable.
Catch and release as it is illegal to keep any walleyes caught on URL since
they are just starting to come back after they restocked it, but when that lake
opens it will have some of the best walleye fishing in the area, if not the
nation. We were throwing back 3 lb. plus walleyes. Lots of fun. Have a fine day
today.<<<<<
Thanks for the URL update. I still feel more confidant in a vehicle with a
lower unit and a prop. ==================================
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Norman (Nip) Lykken
I understand it's been 70 years since you first spanking. About 60 according
to Bill DeSautel since you "tip toed through the cockleburrs" bare naked. I'm
not sure if it was Bill, or Aurel, that told me. You and Bill spent the rest of
the afternoon pulling thorns out of each others lower extremities,....with an
eyebrow tweezers. Anyway, Bill wanted me to wish you happy birthday for him as
well. He also suggested I refer to you with a name associated with someone
without parents. As you can see, I decided against it.
---------------------------
Welcome Millie Houska, to the Shivercity Gazette family. Almost nothing you
read here will stand up in court. Do to issues beyond our control, and even
some in our control, we cannot be held accountable for poor punctuation,
spelling, or sentence composition. ALSO, we do expect,
once in a while, to hear something from our subscribers. Gary - GGP
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
P.S.
If you have misplaced your new incontinent cable channel listing. You can call
toll free (I think) 1-800-888-1300 If you should call. Thank them for
confusing the local Norwegian population. And get one for me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

No comments: