Wednesday, December 10, 2003

December 10, 2003 - Wednesday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

CURRENT WEATHER:
It's 4 degrees outside under a cloudy sky. We received a light dusting of
snow overnight. Just enough snow to keep snowmobile dealers humble. Not enough
to sell snowmobile.

==================================
MAJOR LOCAL EVENT:
Century Elementary Holiday Program.
Pat and I attended the 7:00pm presentation of our Grandson Dilans' Holiday
(school) Program. It's hard to believe that only a few short years ago. The
same function would have been called a Christmas program. It's always
wonderful watching the nations future walk on stage. In some ways, it reminds
me of the "grand march" in miniature, on prom night. Even though we know, it's
the children ages 6 through 11 years old, walking up on stage. It's difficult
not to envision a few mothers, imaginations, walking up there at the same
time.
I seems store bought hair styles and homecoming gowns are becoming more and
more popular at grade school programs.
I'm humbled by the patients and fortitude required to "nurture" our young to
adulthood. I'm always impressed by the knowledge gained, by the youngest, of
our school age children. As we entered the auditorium, it was obvious. That
facility was being directed by individuals that truly love working with our
young folks. It was apparent, that our future leaders, were being nurtured and
taught by a special group of people we have come to know as "Teachers".
I watched as one little tyke began showing signs of fright in front of the
audience. A "teacher" (Mrs Lindenberg) graciously approached the little fellow.
She took him by the hand and brought him to the bleachers. Then, she sat right
down on the floor with him. Rebuilding his confidence, without destroying his
self-esteem.
It's entirely possible, that one simple act, may well have changed that little
persons future significantly.
I watched how Mrs Boura, the schools music instructor, acted, interacted and
reacted to the children in her charge. I observed how intently many of the
students watched their director. I was impressed when Mrs. Boura brought back
"the alumni" (6th graders) for one selection.
I did enjoyed the entire presentation. I must admit however, too listen to
that group of youngsters sing "American Tears" was delightful beyond words.
Thank you, to all that made my evening so enjoyable. Gary - GGP
==================================
N E W S F L A S H:
There is not as much difference between Arizona and North Dakota as one would
think. As I understand it (Thanks Mert) It costs 1.46 for a gallon gas to mow
the grass, in Arizona. If they had grass there. It only cost 1.50 a gallon to
blow snow, in North Dakota, and, we do have snow here. And so it goes.
-----------------------
What ever happened to "Welcome Wagon?" What would you guess wore out first?
The welcome, or, the wagon.
----------------------
Have you ever heard the old saying, "mind your own business?" Have you ever
heard someone suggest someone else should mind their own business because they
don't know what their talking about?
I don't know how to play the piano. I do, however, know what sounds please me
coming from one. Liberacie was always a very good pianist. It wasn't until he
started listening to those that weren't that he became famous,...and wealthy.
------------------------
I think I've mentioned the Diamonds concert before. I'm wondering now, why I
haven't seen any pictures of it in the Record. I sure hope there will be a
picture or two of the Leistikow Park displays in the next few editions. What a
super community public relations opportunity.
==================================
Have you noticed those gosh awful green trucks running up and down the Red
River Valley roads lately.
They're hauling the Valleys life blood to local factories to be processed. (in
my opinion) If the Valley loses the Sugarbeet industry, all that would remain
is a good place to store rabbit dung. Laugh if you like, but first consider
this. If we do not produce sugar in the United States. How long do you think a
country that "charges" their citizens 40 & more cents a pound for sugar, will
sell it to us for less.
--------------------------
Why doesn't Incontinent Cable TV want me to get Graftons local cable channel
3? I wonder how long it would take the to solve a really big problem?
-------------------------
So far I understand, Bruce hasn't had a call to remove Graftons "infamous
awning". ==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
P.S.
Thanks Suzie, for the wonderful note. you may have noticed I have included
you in our list. If that creates a problem for you. Please let me know.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

No comments: