Monday, December 15, 2003

December 15, 2003 - Monday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

CURRENT WEATHER:
It's 27 degrees (outside) So far we've received almost three inches of
Polaris dust, and it's still snowing.
Yesterdays H/L temperature 28/19
Last years H/L on this date 40/23
Normal H/L for this date is 20/3
Todays Skeeter meter reading ZERO ==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible" ==================================
A R E A SPORTS SCORES:
5 to 4 five won with a last minute shot.
11 to 7 with 7 coming before 11 and the Early Americans coming out on top.
27 to 0 the results of the cowboys over the Redskins. This game was obviously
NOT played at the Little Big Horn.
--------------------------
LEISTIKOW PARK:
I have received several notes, all positive, about Leistikow Park. Two
contained the mention of the parks "canoe display" and they thought the change
in direction was a benefit. I also agree with the change. I also received a
nice note from Wally DeSautel regarding the Parks "Live Nativity". With minimal
editing, Wally wrote; >>>>>Hi Gary
I was in the park on sat nite at about 8:30. I saw a sight I've never seen
before. It was the live manger seen, singing christmas carols. I stopped and
enjoyed something many people may have missed.
I don't know if they are going to do it again. If they are, it should be a
standing room only, for their show. Gary we have a great community, lets spread
the good word.
Have a great day, with best regards.
Wally<<<<<<
--------------------------
Thanks for the note Wally. From a person that has spent untold hours building
a terrific display, as you have. Your comments project even more significance.
==================================
I received numerous comments and notes regarding my words about Gordy Stark.
Thank you, everyone. I must admit, by the time I finished that short stroll
down memory lane. Both tear ducts were flushed clean. Once again, my friend
Wally sent a note that meant much to me. I would like to share it with the
group. Following is Wally's note, with minimal editing. >>>>Hi Gary
I owe you a big one. I did not know that Gordon Stark was in the hospital. I
knew that he was very sick. Because of your reminder, I went right to the
hospital with the annual check that I give to Gordy for the Salvation Army. I
just wanted him to know that he is still a big part of the success of the
drive, and, he is not forgotten. He is citizen number one in my book.
You play a big part in our community Gary. My sincere thanks to you and Pat
for keeping us informed.
Have a great holiday. Best regards
Wally<<<<<
Thanks for your kind words, Wally. I appreciate hearing from you, and
everyone, very much. Gary - GGP ==================================
CABLE TV. ---- channel 3
Some folks have it,...some folks haven't.
I'm one of the haven't folks in town.
If the kind of response and service Mid-Continent TV is affording some of
it's customers. Was offered by a local eating establishment. It would soon not
have customers. If people purchased a vehicle from a local Auto dealership, and
received the kind of service Mid-Continent is providing some of it's patrons.
Those folks would be driving a different type of vehicle.
Somewhere in our community, is an entity responsible for monitoring the
reliability of our cable television provider. I sure hope, with regards to Mid-
Continents last conversion venture that entity give Mid-Continent a failing
grade. ==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
P.S.
Can anyone even imagine, how much mail can accumulate if you haven't worked
since the 6th of December? I can't.
P.P.S.
Only nine days left, to remember the reason for the season. Before the
seasons reason is here.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before
it's to late.

No comments: