Monday, March 06, 2006

March 6, 2006 - Monday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

03/06/06 MONDAY
" EARLY EDITION "
---------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Goodman's
Grocery, on the south end of Hill Avenue. Junction of Highway 17 and 81.
----------------------
The current temperature is 26 degrees.
Yesterdays H&L temperatures and the normal H&L temperatures, for
this date were not available on incontinent TV So,... they are.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
AZTECA'S Mexican Grill (located in the former Taco the Town
facility) opened on Friday and rumor has it they had significantly more
people show up than they planned for. From those I spoke to, Grafton
should be pleased to have another super place for area residents to
consume nourishment. The other one of course is JR'S Bar in Oakwood.
+++++++++++
Red's Bar and Grill, (operating in the former Shananigans
facility) offers family dinning, which I understand, is worth the drive
as well.
Those two "eateries" along with fantastic food at Marketplace on
8th, Granny's, The Ice Box, Ekatta's and the Daily Grind all combine to
offer local and area residents a variety of eating establishments for
almost every taste.
=============================
For some reason, every once in awhile I get some "Gazette's"
returned marked "server refused mail service". I can't argue the Gazette
is little more than babble. However it seems odd that only one specific
web site provider, at a time, targets the Gazette. Til now, the yahoo
folks seemed to like to "firewall" the Gazette now and then. The last
outfit to do so is the juno.com outfit. It seems they returned all the
Gazettes going to folks with that address.
I thought there were laws against minority, ethnic or religious
organization discrimination. Evidently the Gazette doesn't qualify as
one of those groups.
If by chance you happen to know of someone with a juno.com
address. Please tell them I'm trying, but the giant corporate critters
won't let me through.
Mybluelights.com and one from netzero.net came back in that
same bunch as well.
---------------------
Computers,.... I don't understand them at all. I received the
following tip, ironically I should add, from one of the very addresses I
had returned, (juno.com).
Anyway, I can't guarantee the tip works, because I don't have a
mouse, or even a small piece of cheese. However, it looks to me like it
should work. So here's the tip from Don Kitzman.
-- IT'S FOR ALL OF US OLD PEOPLE -- I just found out and thought
I'd pass this on. It's very useful
when trying to read small print (especially in the early hours). If
you hold down the Ctrl key on your key board and then turn the small
wheel in the middle of your mouse away from you or towards you, the
print size will change - it will either get larger or smaller -
depending on which way you turn the wheel <<< Thanks a million for
caring and sharing Don. I certainly didn't know that either. It would be
fun to hear from someone that's tried it.
-----------------------
Thanks Diann for sharing your memories of the big storm of 1966.
>>> Hi Gary, Wally's letter about the storm of 66 reminds me that we
lived at Johnstown at that time and just came from Kennedy in our first
new car (66 Chevy from Petersburg garage). We listened to the radio
about the storm moving in from the west and just got home and parked our
car in one of the local warehouses (we had no garage) when it hit. For
the next 3 days Curt spent his time checking on potato warehouses there
making sure that the heat was still operating in them. Wish I would have
had a better camera then to take better pictures. Diann Bratlie <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Diann.
------------------------
I noticed that Ekatta's shipped another limo load of local folks
to the Engelstad Friday night. I won't mention any names, but I think it
was Daryl Campbell crawling into the limo with a bottle of limb limping
ointment in his hand.
------------------------
Why isn't diet pop,... (soda for you folks south of St. Paul)
cheaper than the stuff with sugar in it?
**************
Have you noticed? A 12 ounce can of lite beer, weights exactly the
same as a 12 ounce can of the heavy stuff.
**************
Why, would anyone waste perfectly good money on an advertisement
telling folks "they'll have to hurry and buy one", 'CAUSE, "there going
to sellout quick"?
AND, to top it all off, I wouldn't be a bit surprised that guy
votes,... too.
--------------------------
The Gazette "family tree" has three new branches. >>> Gary, Gywn
Jacobson would like to be added to your subscribing list. Thanks! <<<
Welcome to the Gazette group Gywn. I hope you will find reason to share
a part of your world with us from time to time.
----------------
Tom and Avis sent the next request. >>>
We have been forwarded a few 'issues' of the Gazette from my
sister-in-law and her husband(Ray and Linda Rud). This is fun to
read...will be a nice way to catch up from Fargo! Has the Gazette been
going on long? Thanks....
Tom and Avis Dolan. Fargo <<< Thank you, for allowing the Gazette space
in your electronic library. The Gazette was born several years ago,
although I don't remember exactly when. That, as a matter of fact, is
one of the main reasons I started it, because I was having trouble with
the space between my ears functioning properly.
--------------
Sue Matcha sent the following note with a request. >>> Good
Afternoon
Gary,
I have taken over Christine Jensen's position as Society
Editor at The Walsh County Record. I would like to be added to your
subscription list for the SHIVERCITY GAZETTE.
Also, please encourage your readers to contact me with any story ideas
they may have, we can't report the news that's going on out there if no
one let's us know about it.
Thanks
Sue Matcha
Society Editor
The Walsh County Record <<< Thanks a million Sue and welcome to the
Gazette family. I've been saying exactly the same thing as you, in a
different way, for several years. "The Gazette works best, when the
folks that read it, write it."
I suspect that is true of the Walsh County Record, The Grand
Forks Herald or, the New York Times for that matter.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
Please, don't wait to share your memories until your one
yourself.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: