Thursday, March 02, 2006

March 2, 2006 - Thursday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

03/02/06 THURSDAY
---------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by the Minto Park
Pavilion. If you haven't danced in the Minto Pavilion, you haven't
danced at all.
---------------------
The current temperature is 19 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 29/20
Normal H/L temp for this date is 28/11
It sounds like snow, that doesn't get cleaned up today and
tomorrow, will get buried in next Saturdays snowstorm.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
Coffee shop estimates of last nights snowfall ranged from a low of
2 inches to a high of 8 inches. The most prevalent number, from the most
persistent individuals, was 4 inches.
Graftons GMU crews were already out cleaning it up by 2:00 am this
morning. If we get much more snow his winter. We'll be able to use the
mountain of snow in Western Plaza's parking lot for down hill skiing
during this years Summerfest Celebration.
-----------------------
Congratulations is in order for George Mainz and Theresa
Altendorf. They are Grafton High Schools valedictorian and salutatorian
respectively. Other high ranking seniors were Audrey Curdis, Wallace
LaBerge, Allan Scidmore, Violet Belter, Joanne Gregg, and James
Johnston. Did I mention I "borrowed" this from the Thursday, April 26,
1945 edition of the Walsh County Record?
------------------------
From the not lost, but hasn't been heard from, department I
received the next message. >>> Hi Gary: I have enjoyed soooo much your
information, thoughts, memories, and all of the other things you have in
your Shivercity Gazette. It has helped keep me up on Grafton and all of
the wonderful changes in Grafton's Business Districts! I am in Casa
Grande, AZ, at Casa Verde Estates and have been here since January 1st.
I have been trying to find Lavonne Berg. When she reads your Gazette,
maybe she will give me a call at 701-360-1972. One more month and I
leave for "home"! Have loved every moment of sunny Arizona but will be
glad to return to my family, home and friends. Thanks for all of the
time and thought that you spend getting the Gazette out to "your"
readers. Jan Burns <<< Thank you Janet, for being so kind. I'm sure
someone, out there somewhere, will get the message to Lavonne and she'll
be contacting you soon.
----------------------
I'm sharing the next message with another message attached. >>>
Dear Gary, We have been enjoying your Gazette immensely and wanted to
let you know you are quite a guy! Everyone I have passed it on to is
tickled to be in on the "news about home," with which we can relate.
You are doing all of us nomads a great service by pleasantly drawing us
together with your unselfishness and talent! God Bless You!
Millicent and Tom La B <<< Thanks a million or caring and sharing
Millicent. However, I must remind everyone. The Gazette works best, when
the folks the read it, write it. AND, I am running out of "old" editions
of the Walsh County Record.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Happy birthday Pat, I love you very much. Today is the day the most
important person in my life celebrates the
anniversary of her birth. I know she's a bit older now than the first
day I met her, because that's what the calendar says. I know she's not
as quick and agile as she once was, that's because she's had to put up
with me for so many years.
She's had her share of good times and bad times and through it
all, she is even more beautiful today, than the day I met her.
She's my wife, my lover and my friend.
==== Happy Birthday Sweetheart ====
Gary
--------------------------
Another very important member of the Moe family gene pool is
celebrating a birthday today. Annie Moe, is not only my youngest sister,
she's my only sister, and, she is another year older today. There's a
number printed behind Annle's name on my calendar indicting age, but it
can't be correct so I won't use it til I'm sure.
Happy Birthday Annie, from Pat and me, and our whole family. We
love you very much.
-------------------------
We just received the following request from "our"
subscription department.
Dear Gary,
Harvey would like to receive your publication every day. Please put us
on your mailing list. Harvey and Lorna Anderson - Drayton. thank you <<<
Welcome to the Gazette family Lorna and Harvey. I hope you will
find something of interest in the perpetual preponderance of babble I
call the Gazette.
Please let me now if I have your address listed correctly.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: