Thursday, December 09, 2004

December 9, 2004 - Thursday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

12/09/04 THURSDAY grp. 3
The current temperature is 27 degrees with a light mist coming from a
cloudy sky.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 28/22
Last years H/L temperature was 31/5
Normal H/L temp for this date is 23/6
Take a drive south, down Griggs Avenue, from highway 17. It's worth the
trip.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff
Holiday shoppers were out in full force today. On three separate
occasions yesterday, I noticed every available main street parking spot
was being used. That is, every spot that the sidewalks were shovelled. I
found it interesting that every parking spot, during the same time
frame, that hadn't been shovelled, was empty.
Yup, there's no question about it, folks just don't seem to want to
crawl over snowbanks, or trudge over slippery, uneven cobblestone to
spend their hard earned money. Or so it seems to me.
==================================
"We" received a couple notes yesterday with a mention of Chase School
and the Chase Building. Loren Lunberg sent the following (after a tiny
bit of editing).
Chase School.....Hulda Carlson.......and Ernest Bayze (sp?), who
seemed about 12 feet tall when he joined us in the 4th grade......As I
recall, halfway through the school year Ernest left, and, once again
Hulda was the largest person in the room...... LL<<<
Thanks for caring and sharing Loren. I too remember Hulda as the most
dominant and predominant person in Forth grade. During that "era" I also
remember Miss Torkelson as the tallest, prettiest teacher I ever met,
although Miss Nordbo, without question, was not only very pleasing to
the eyes, she displayed a understanding for some of my foolishness most
other instructors found difficult to understand. Then, there was Mrs
Qualley, my 5th grade teacher. If I could have had a third grandmother,
it would have been Mrs Qualley,... without question.
I have, over the years, learned to appreciate the extreme importance
many, if not most, of the teachers in my life have played in my life. I
have, on occasion been able to tell some of them personally. I have
also, on occasion, been able to share my appreciation of some with their
children. I certainly encourage everyone to do the same.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If your looking for jewelry, stop in at Golden Harvest Jewelry.
Graftons finest jewelry store. If you want to see the largest Diamond in
town. Take a drive through Leistikow Park and see the Golden Harvest
Jewelry diamond display.
"It is worth the trip."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"We" received the following note from a current resident of the Chase
Building. Loretta wrote; >>>> Morning Gary: In reading some of the
memories from folks that went to Chase School - I just happened to think
that if/when any of them are back home here in Grafton - they are more
then welcome to come by "the old Chase bldg" - & one of us (with Social
Services - whose home this is now) - will be happy to show them around &
they can see how nice an office building -their ole school - turned out
to be! We love it here! Loretta................Merry Christmas to
you and Patty - as well...<<<
Thanks a million for the invitation Loretta, I can believe several
folks would welcome to opportunity to "revisit" the home of their
formative years.
==================================
If it's hardware your looking for, and, the Grafton Hardware store
(formerly Daves Hardware) doesn't have it. He can get it,....quick. On
Graftons main street.
==================================
Then "we" received the following note from Dane Molde. I admit I'm not
totally sport literate, so I'm not sure if the Sprewell Dane speaks of
is in golf or tennis. However, I have all the confidence in the world,
that some of you out there do. Dane wrote;
Good Day,
After hearing that some character named Sprewell couldn't
afford to feed his family on the $27 million he was offered. I can only
say that I think it is time that the fans go on a lockout, or strike, to
let professional athletes know we are tired of overpriced seats, and
everything else related to sports costing an arm and a leg. I guess at
those kind of wages, Mr. Sprewell probably couldn't afford to take his
family to see the team who offered him that minimum wage to play a game.
It is time that they remember why they play the game.

P.S. Feel free to share this with all of your readers, maybe some of
them will share their thoughts.<<< Thanks for caring and sharing Dane.
Some would respond simply by saying, "it's the American way." It might
be interesting to hear what "others" will say. If,...they say anything
at all.
==================================
For some reason, I've been thinking, today is the day, I have
something special to do. For some reason I can't remember what it is. I
guess maybe it's not til next week, and, I just might remember it by
then.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me.
I will, however, always appreciate it" GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: