Sunday, December 12, 2004

December 12, 2004 - Sunday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

12/12/04 SUNDAY grp. 3
The current temperature is 27 degrees under a cloudy sky with wind
speeds exceeding county road speed limits, gusting to interstate levels
a times.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 38/20
Last years H/L temperature was 0/-17
Normal H/L temp for this date is 22/4
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff;
Yesterday our community bid farewell to Robert (Bob) Bradshaw. The
services were held in the Grafton High School Auditorium. Bob leaves a
void in the lives of many. The following note from our daughter Wendy
gives some insight to losses felt by many. Wendy wrote;
As I sit here and wait for the clock to tick by, I look for support
of my parents. I am getting ready to leave our home to go with my four
daughters and a niece to help them say good bye to a true friend.
Mr. Bradshaw may have been their superior, but to them he was a friend.
He was there to support them through all that high school had to offer.
Nicole is taking it REALLY hard she adored him. He was first to say good
job and always there to tell her what a doll she is. She will not do
well today and in turn that will be hard for me as her mother, not to be
able to take away her pain. Jennifer is singing in the choir today and
she is packing a lot of kleenex. We have a home hockey game tonight,
and, an away basketball game in Langdon. I pray for all our children.
Dr. Stremick has REALLY picked up the slack for our Nicole and has made
special efforts to go out of his way to ask her how she is doing, and to
let her know he is there for her. I THANK GOD for our school system,
and, the people they employ. Anyway, I will sign off now, as the girls
are telling me its time to go. I wouldn't wish this day on anyone. This
is when I find being a parent very hard. Love, Wendy<<< Thank you very
much Wendy, for caring and sharing. The loss of a friend or loved one is
always very difficult. It is the reason I end every Gazette with; Write
if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late. (I love you very much)
==================================
Beverly Demers sent the following note that sums up Bobs funeral
service.
Hi Gary,
As I'm sure you've already heard from many of your subscribers, the
funeral service for Bob Bradshaw yesterday afternoon was very nice. From
where I was sitting, it appeared that the high school gym was full. It
was a tribute to a wonderful man and the legacy he left behind. Bob
obviously touch many lives.
Thanks Beverly for caring and sharing. Your observations are absolutely
correct.
==================================
I found the following message in yesterdays mail from Janet Burns. She
wrote; Hi Gary:
Thanks again for the time and effort you put into each writing to us,
it is always wonderful to think of the past and a much simpler life. The
holidays don't seem to have the luster and excitement that they used to
- except for a few moments when I drive through "our" park and see all
of the wonderful displays. It seems both time and life have a way of
changing that in us.
I always enjoy the remarks that you receive from Dane and then share
with us. I am wondering if this is Dane Molde and if so, where is he now
and what is he doing. I remember Dane from the years I worked at the
high school, what a great guy he was.
Jan Burns<<<
Thanks a million Janet for caring and sharing. I must admit, I too have
noticed "we tend to put more effort into "selling ideas for Christmas",
than we do "selling the idea of Christmas."
I also find it a bit confusing that "we" must go to war, to "kill and
be killed" because, the folks we are going to war for,.... did the same
thing.
As far as Dane is concerned. If the Dane you remember from school was
head and shoulders above the rest. If he was the one wearing tennis
shoes, the size of snow shoes, he could well be the boy you remember. I
must confess that I too, have wondered, what Dane Molde is currently
doing. So, to that end, I'm going to expect that Dane send us a note, a
short "resume" so to speak, of what he's done since high school. There's
no hurry Dane, try have it back for Mondays Gazette....Okay?
P.S.
Yes,.. we certainly do have a wonderful park,.. don't we
==================================
The human brain is like a freightcar, guaranteed to have a certain
capacity, but sometimes running empty. (Thanks Dane)
==================================
We would like to welcome two new members to the Gazette family. Ronda
Anderson and Michele Martin will be subjected to the lunacy of the
Gazette. I can't promise you more than you pay for. However, I can
promise, what you see is what you get. In return, all I ask is once in
awhile, please send me a note so that I know your address is still
active, and, if you can, let "us" know a little bit about your world as
well.
If you want to send me a note and prefer I not "send it out to the
group" simply say "just between us" or, "please don't share", or, If
it's really a hot topic and you want it to stay a secret, you might ask
that I "burn it upon receipt". Anyway, I am pleased to add both Ronda
and Michele to "our" address book. Gary - GGP
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me.
I will, however, always appreciate it."
GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: