Friday, December 10, 2004

December 10, 2004 - Friday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

12/10/04 FRIDAY grp. 3
The current temperature is 18 degrees (above) under a cloudy sky. A
north breeze at 14 MPH puts the wind chill number at 6 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 29/26
Last years H/L temperature was 12/-4
Normal H/L temp for this date is 22/5
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff;
I received the following message from our daughter-in-law Denise
regarding the recent Vessel of Praise Concerts, held in Grafton and Park
River in the past few days.
Gary,
Last night I had the opportunity to attend the Vessel of
Praise Concert at the Lutheran Church in Park River. It is a Christian
Choir consisting of local people. It was absolutely amazing! The
singing, the music, the environment, and most of all - the message, was
truly fantastic! If you ever get a chance to see them, by all means
do!!! They are fantastic! It is so refreshing to see area residents
proclaiming the message of God and the Bible in such a beautiful way!
They didn't charge anything, but there was a free will offering for the
church and the choir to continue their work. Well worth the donation!
Hats off to the entire group! Denise -----<<<< Thanks a million Denise,
for caring and sharing. Denise is the "D" in B & D Flooring and Carpet
Cleaning.
I've heard many positive comments about this group. Once again, it's
proof positive that you don't have to travel great distances to see
great entertainment.
==================================
Heaven, is a much better place today. With deepest sorrow, I must
report the passing of Robert (Bob) Bradshaw.
Bob was more than a loving husband and father. He was, much, more than
"our" high school Principal. Bob Bradshaw was a man with principles.
Shortly after Bob started his career in Grafton, I started hearing
about a man, "all the kids in school just love." I could tell Bob was a
"cut above the rest" simply by the way my grandchildren referred to him,
almost on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, for me, I didn't have the opportunity to know Bob very
well personally. As I did with Miss. Nordbo, Miss Torkelson, Miss
Carlson and Mrs Qualley, to mention a few.
I can say, however, from the comments I've heard from students and
residents alike. Robert (Bob) Bradshaw, was right up there among the
"best". I have often heard it said that you can always replace a man,
and, that is certainly true. However, you can never replace "The Man",
and that's why Heaven has become a better place,... because now "The
Man" Bob Bradshaw has entered it's gates.
We would like to extend or most, heartfelt, and sincere sympathies to
the Robert (Bob) Bradshaw family. He has left a mark that will never
fade from the halls of "our" school system, and the streets of "our"
wonderful community.
Thank you Bob for all you have left for us, and, God speed. From the
entire Gary Moe gene pool.
"It'll take a whole pen full of ink to draw the dash of Bob's life."
GLM
==================================
"To know what is right, and then not do
it, is the worst form of cowardice."
==================================
I notice some HOTMAIL.COM addresses are having a bit of a problem
again. Yesterdays Gazette was returned "unopened" from four folks with
hotmail.com addresses.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I received a note from Norman (Nip) Lykken yesterday. I'm not sure if
Nip intended to share his new acquisition with us on the same day the
news about the problems laptops create for a mans gene pool generation
equipment, or not.
Anyway, I received the following note from Nip; >>>hello to all our
contacts. I'm sending this from our new laptop we got ourselves for
xmas, so feel free to send us e-mail and keep us informed of all the
news. We love this place we are at.
We also have a new phone no here on top of our cell phones.
The sun is shining today... It has been cold and windy.
We just got back from the hospital where Kathy had some tests done.
Everything looks great. Good news to enjoy the Holidays with.
Norm and Kathy<<< That is wonderful news. Thanks for caring and sharing
Nip. It hasn't exactly been a heat wave here either. Although every
morning we still get a chance to hear Billy beller, "turn the heat down"
at Granny's.
==================================
God will either lighten our load or strengthen our backs. (Thanks
Dane)
==================================
I was pleased to see Hagens Construction put up a nice display in
Leistikow Park. The one from Hardee's seems to grow more every day, and,
the beautiful horse and wagon display now has a "Budweiser" sign in
front of it.
==================================
Have you noticed? It's the little things in life that make it worth
living.===
For instance, just the other day, while visiting the "Gazette Library".
I got to wondering, old age does require it, you know. Who, I wondered,
uses the "library" more? Then I realized, The age old question of, who
should put the lid up when their done, would in fact, answer my
question.
Yup, (that's Norwegian for Holy Smokers) I figured that, if, when I
enter the "facility" the lid was still up, I was probably using it more
often than someone else. On the other hand, if, the lid (on the water
closet) was down. That would mean someone had been there since me. Now
then, isn't that just the kind of thing one needs to know, before the
holidays?
Then again, still visiting the library, I got to wondering. Why I
wonder about things like that anyway?
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me,
I will, however, always appreciate it." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: