Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24, 2008 - Thursday (early)

Todays Gazette is brought to you by.
==== DREW WILLIAM SUDA ====
The brand spanking (pardon the pun) new son of Ben and Sara Suda. Drew
weighed in a tad over eight pounds which indicates he might have been a
bit "over fertilized". It doesn't sound like Drew's going to be a
redhead and Ben's not sure if the little tyke comes "round-up ready" or
not.
CONGRATULATIONS: Ben & Sara Suda
--------------------
The current temperature is -14 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 6/-10
Normal H/L temp for this date is 15/-4
It's some consolation knowing the normal low for this date is starting
to come up.
=======================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=======================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
Rumor has it Curves - the exercise palace presently located in the
Western Plaza complex - may be moving to the Grafton Downtown Strip Mall
area, formally known as Main Street. If the rumor has credence, and I
think it does, the new location will be the former "Stitches" facility
located next door to the offices of Kutz & O'Brien Plumbing and Heating.
That's super news for the downtown area, although it will leave Subway
and Pamida as the only two businesses left in Western Plaza.
Dr. Scheflo's Clinic has been empty for a number of years and Denny's
Food Pride has been empty for several months.
-----------------------
Speaking of rumors and local businesses. It is a fact that Wally's
Supermarkets have been for sale for several months. For some reason the
latest rumors (several calls Wednesday night) the stores have been sold.
Wally's has stores in Roseau, Devils Lake and Grafton. According to the
"rumor", Wally's Supermarket's will go to three different buyers.
Time will tell if I'll be able to stop in Roseau on the way to Rocky
Point and pick up a bag of Doug's Donut Holes, or not. I guess we'll
have to wait and see.
-------------------------
I mentioned the following message in yesterdays Gazette. I have since
learned the name of the individual that requested it be shared. She
wrote: >>>
Hi Gary, I am the guilty party for signing in anonymously yesterday
with my post. I guess I didn't know how to do that correctly. I was
mentioning that I appreciate the positive comments your gazette includes
about Grafton every day, so I am hoping to subscribe. As a new
subscriber, may I be so bold as to encourage people to contact their
city council persons to let them know how they felt about the recent
ordinance vote? They tell me they have hardly heard a peep from anyone;
hence, our apathy translates into a NO vote from our council members. If
you need their names and addresses, check this site:
http://grafton.govoffice.com/ Link to "citizen information". Our mayor
could use your encouragement too. Thanks for making Grafton a great
place to raise our family! <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Rose. If you would like to
become a member of the Gazette family, and receive the Gazette directly,
simply e-mail me a note with your request and you will become a member
of one of the 149 groups of folks I pester with a compendium of babble
"not worth charging for".
----------------------
Mount St. Helen gave Rev. Gregory reason to share the following note.
>>>
Hey Gary Moe:
For what it's worth, on May18, 1980 I was just about sixteen years old.
We had heard something about the mountain blowing, but then it had all
spring, and we were at my church in Lacey, Washington, in which nothing
exciting ever happened.
That afternoon, I remember tubing down the Deschutes River south of
Tumwater, Washington about ninety or so miles directly to Mt St H. I
remember lying on my back in the slow river (it must have been chilly in
May, but somehow it was a sunny day - rare in the spring there), and I
looked straight up, straight up, and could see the plume from the
mountain rising higher and higher. It was some weird looking cloud,
that's for sure, and we thanked God none of that stuff came our way. My
brother and sister were at school at Washington State U, three hundred
miles due east of the mountain, and there day turned to night. I
remember it was a grand day for me, though. Some things you never
forget. Go Spoilers!
Pr Greg Yeager
China Grove NC <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing. It's always fun getting notes
from North Carolina.
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
"Just because you don't get a answer, when you ask a question, doesn't
mean there isn't one."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: